MPNFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

D-Night tonight, would be a massive shock if any of the 6 clubs are allowed in.
Apparently more than half the clubs don't even want a 3rd division!

Will say it til I'm blue in the face... they need to split into two leagues - a south-east metro league and a peninsula country league.

The metro league would quickly grow and expand because it's desperately needed and has been for decades.

The peninsula league would suit those clubs that just want to focus on local games between nearby clubs on the peninsula.

Last HALF game-day scenes from the Devon Meadows v Pearcedale elimination final played on 20 August 2023 at Baxter Park.

Last QUARTER game-day scenes from the Division 2 RESERVES Seaford v Karingal Elimination Final on 20 August 2023 at Baxter Park

Mark Highlights from last Sunday's Devon Meadows v Pearcedale final at Baxter Park.

Pines out in straight sets, condolences to Potts, Edwards and Swan who made the mid-season switch, probably summed up St Kilda City more than Pines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See Sorrento have signed the big RUckman from Montmorency, hope you can get him to perform when it counts in Finals. Hasnt done that at all in the NFNL only seems to perform when $$$$ are being paid as you dont get paid for finals I wouldnt have thought.

Any updates on new player movements
Pretty quiet from a Sorrento perspective.They were hoping to land a big fish from Darwin but didn’t happen.My sources tell me Dromana the team to beat again!
I see the Sorras have under 19s in 2024 which is great news and always reckon it’s good to have a Senior player(Myles Polhoke) coach them!

Agree amazing footy club when they are going awesome! Played on a fat Brett Wright one day and absolutely killed me.Great bloke after the game as well! Great history Edi Asp!

Div 1 Dromana have picked up even more quality with a league rep from Noble Park joining them. Can’t see anyone getting close to Dromana.Sorrento picked up ex afl Dylan Clarke. Red Hill Rosebud and Mt Eliza recruited well. Langwarrin my tip to get relegated.
Div 2 Edi Asp the team to beat for mine with Devon and Pearcedale to be thereabouts. Karingal have had a mass exodus so I can’t see them playing finals. Tyabb have recruited well again and could finally play finalls,points will be a problem for them. Unfortunately it looks like Rye is in for a hard season again.

Div 1 Dromana have picked up even more quality with a league rep from Noble Park joining them. Can’t see anyone getting close to Dromana.Sorrento picked up ex afl Dylan Clarke. Red Hill Rosebud and Mt Eliza recruited well. Langwarrin my tip to get relegated.
Div 2 Edi Asp the team to beat for mine with Devon and Pearcedale to be thereabouts. Karingal have had a mass exodus so I can’t see them playing finals. Tyabb have recruited well again and could finally play finalls,points will be a problem for them. Unfortunately it looks like Rye is in for a hard season again.
Yeah I just can’t get the Rye situation.Have good juniors and colts numbers wise,is a great place to live or be on the weekends and still have good people involved there.
Just haven’t fired a shot for a long time!
Will Mornington make any impression coming back into the main comp?

With Josh Newman Brenton Credlin Kai Owens and Jackson Voss when he’s not playing vfl Mornington will have 4 of the best probably 10 players in the league.if they stay fit they could push for a position in the finals. Problem is if they have a few injuries I don’t think they have the depth to push the top teams.They will be fine no chance of being relegated. Interesting to see how Bonbeach go coming down from Div 1. History shows that teams that come down have struggled in there 1st and 2nd seasons. Edi missed finals this year so did Mornington in there 1st and 2nd season in Div 2. I think the top half of Div 2 is very strong and not far off Botton half of Div 1.

With Josh Newman Brenton Credlin Kai Owens and Jackson Voss when he’s not playing vfl Mornington will have 4 of the best probably 10 players in the league.if they stay fit they could push for a position in the finals. Problem is if they have a few injuries I don’t think they have the depth to push the top teams.They will be fine no chance of being relegated. Interesting to see how Bonbeach go coming down from Div 1. History shows that teams that come down have struggled in there 1st and 2nd seasons. Edi missed finals this year so did Mornington in there 1st and 2nd season in Div 2. I think the top half of Div 2 is very strong and not far off Botton half of Div 1.
Calder is a massive out for Mornington if he plays in 2024 I think they could make finals, however I think they’ll be somewhere between 6th to 8th. Dromana miles ahead of the field!

Yeah I just can’t get the Rye situation.Have good juniors and colts numbers wise,is a great place to live or be on the weekends and still have good people involved there.
Just haven’t fired a shot for a long time!
Will Mornington make any impression coming back into the main comp?
Have to feel a bit for Rye.Being in Div 2 they have lost all their local rivals with Sorrento Rosebud Dromana Red hill all being in Div 1. Closest team would be Crib Point so not really a local rival.

Pretty quiet from a Sorrento perspective.They were hoping to land a big fish from Darwin but didn’t happen.My sources tell me Dromana the team to beat again!
I see the Sorras have under 19s in 2024 which is great news and always reckon it’s good to have a Senior player(Myles Polhoke) coach them!
Sorrento picked up a few

Remove this Banner Ad

Back