Mt Eliza
Pines

Div 2
Devon
Karingal
Morno
Edi Adp
Somerville
I think D2 will be highly competitive and hard to put a gauge on where teams will finish. D1 have a few more standout teams and a few towards the bottom end

I think D2 will be highly competitive and hard to put a gauge on where teams will finish. D1 have a few more standout teams and a few towards the bottom end
Devon meadows looked really good yesterday. Will be hard to beat. Recruited well.

Next weeks clash between Devon Meadows and Edi Asp should be a good one 👍
On the money with this clash…..my tip for an early GF preview. I know a few sides might have a say in this, but wouldn’t surprise me.
Anyone know the reason for Agius moving on from the Yabby Pond so early in the season??

On the money with this clash…..my tip for an early GF preview. I know a few sides might have a say in this, but wouldn’t surprise me.
Anyone know the reason for Agius moving on from the Yabby Pond so early in the season??
Very strange decision that they want to go in a direction after only rd 2

Attachments

• 2C6A3B89-6510-4199-B6D0-428A807CD702.jpeg
    2C6A3B89-6510-4199-B6D0-428A807CD702.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 114
Very strange decision that they want to go in a direction after only rd 2
No Paddy Ryder for Devon against Edi. I rate Morno highly this year so will be interesting to see how they go against Devon this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somie for me but the teams that play Rye twice will have advantage with percentage
Chelsea look pretty good when they played Edi on Good Friday and knocked off Somie on the weekend in a shootout. However their depth is pretty poor and no u/19s so if they get a run of injuries they may be in trouble…..still pretty open!

Posted in SFNL Div 3 today.

MEDIA RELEASE – Wednesday 14 June 2023
CLUB EXPRESSION OF INTEREST– ADMISSION TO THE MPFNL
To whom it may concern,
The MPFNL Board is seeking expressions of interest from Clubs interested at participating in the MPFNL,
commencing the 2024 Season. This continues the process commenced pre Covid.
The League considers expansion to a third division as an integral step in the long-term sustainability of the
competition which currently encompasses the four local government areas of Mornington Peninsula Shire,
Frankston City Council, City of Casey & City of Kingston.
The criteria for entry previously agreed by the MPFNL Presidents are attached.
The Board will set up a FAQ section within the AFL South East website, which can allow questions to be raised and
answers shared with the broader football community.
Applications should be directed to board@mpfnl.com.au and received on or before 21 July 2023. They will then be
presented to the Presidents for final assessment and decision on entry.

MPFNL Board
Graham Sherry (Chair)

MEDIA RELEASE – Wednesday 14 June 2023
CLUB EXPRESSION OF INTEREST– ADMISSION TO THE MPFNL
To whom it may concern,
The MPFNL Board is seeking expressions of interest from Clubs interested at participating in the MPFNL,
commencing the 2024 Season. This continues the process commenced pre Covid.
The League considers expansion to a third division as an integral step in the long-term sustainability of the
competition which currently encompasses the four local government areas of Mornington Peninsula Shire,
Frankston City Council, City of Casey & City of Kingston.
The criteria for entry previously agreed by the MPFNL Presidents are attached.
The Board will set up a FAQ section within the AFL South East website, which can allow questions to be raised and
answers shared with the broader football community.
Applications should be directed to board@mpfnl.com.au and received on or before 21 July 2023. They will then be
presented to the Presidents for final assessment and decision on entry.

MPFNL Board
Graham Sherry (Chair)
What clubs are they targeting? Or are they just throwing it open for all to apply?

What clubs are they targeting? Or are they just throwing it open for all to apply?
I would say they have disclaimer somewhere in there to bar applications from former SEFNL clubs, but otherwise open slather from within the 4 LGA's mentioned.

I would say they have disclaimer somewhere in there to bar applications from former SEFNL clubs, but otherwise open slather from within the 4 LGA's mentioned.
What a crock! So targeting perceived ‘weaker’ clubs basically from the SFNL whilst too scared to add the likes of Cranny and Narre who would actually want in. Piss weak!

What a crock! So targeting perceived ‘weaker’ clubs basically from the SFNL whilst too scared to add the likes of Cranny and Narre who would actually want in. Piss weak!
Narre have publicly slated themselves to start in a lower rung (supposed Div 3) competition and climb the pyramid to show there wares. Cranbourne would want to start in Div 1 should they actually be allowed to (re) enter the MPNFL after dominating s**t leagues and now SFNL.

The tricky ones will be the Old Peninsula (VAFA) and the most southern SFNL clubs like Carrum Patterson Lakes, Chelsea Heights, Frankston Dolphins (SFNL), Skye, South Mornington etc.

Should those 8 suggested enter, that creates 30 clubs for the MPNFL and a genuine opportunity for 3 divisions (again) starts. I don't suggest all do enter, some may even be rejected but would be good.

Narre have publicly slated themselves to start in a lower rung (supposed Div 3) competition and climb the pyramid to show there wares. Cranbourne would want to start in Div 1 should they actually be allowed to (re) enter the MPNFL after dominating s**t leagues and now SFNL.

The tricky ones will be the Old Peninsula (VAFA) and the most southern SFNL clubs like Carrum Patterson Lakes, Chelsea Heights, Frankston Dolphins (SFNL), Skye, South Mornington etc.

Should those 8 suggested enter, that creates 30 clubs for the MPNFL and a genuine opportunity for 3 divisions (again) starts. I don't suggest all do enter, some may even be rejected but would be good.
Yeah from my understanding Frankston, Carrum, South Mornington are most likely coming across, Cranbourne are maybe (pending application). Didn’t know about Old Peninsula that they had expressed interest. They would be an interesting one. Based on current number 22 clubs and the addition of about 4-5 clubs then the league will have around 26-27 next year, meaning 10-8-8 most likely (26) or 10-9-8 (27) if they structured it that way.

The league have stated they don't want byes in any comp. That would suggest a 10 , 10, 8 or 10 depending on quality applying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back