Moore v Hipwood v Curnow

Who will be better?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The concern remains that he's a 203cm player that's not physical or a marking target, and doesn't have the fitness or running capacity to burn off his opponent either.

Not yet. But hes getting there. If he and McStay can provide each other the foil we need, McStay the contested marker and Hipwood the leading/ground playing tall, we should be fine.

The concern remains that he's a 203cm player that's not physical or a marking target, and doesn't have the fitness or running capacity to burn off his opponent either.

Someone like Hipwood was never expected to come in and impact like he has. He’s continuing to get stronger, it was evident against Pearce on Sunday. He presented very well. He took some good marks.

Another couple of pre seasons and I’m confident he’ll have the size and the running capacity to tear a game apart. He would have done Sunday had he kicked straight.

I,for one,welcome our new Hipwood overlord

images

To be fair, the Carlton defensive unit was terrible yesterday and gave Hipwood way too much space, whilst our mids and backs were giving Hipwood premium service all game. I don't know if I'd call it a breakout game.

I thought Curnow looked really dangerous in the air, even though he was being tag teamed by 2 or 3 defenders. Could've still ended up with a bag of 5 if he clunked a couple more of his marks, which is a really good effort considering how poor Carlton were with their deliveries inside 50.

Curnow is a much better contested mark and shot at goal than Hipwood, but Hipwood is quicker and more dangerous when the ball hits the deck.

Lots has happened since this was started with Moore a terrific defender and Charlie coming back after nearly 2 years out to be leading the Coleman.

Hipwood the disappointment of the 3 so far after showing a lot early but his frame is still to lean.

Lots has happened since this was started with Moore a terrific defender and Charlie coming back after nearly 2 years out to be leading the Coleman.

Hipwood the disappointment of the 3 so far after showing a lot early but his frame is still to lean.

Weird bump given Hipwood was having a dominant season last year before doing his ACL and is currently smashing Richmond in the first half of today's game.

Weird bump given Hipwood was having a dominant season last year before doing his ACL and is currently smashing Richmond in the first half of today's game.
Hipwood is good and I rate him but the other 2 have left him behind currently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but the other names in the thread title means that Hipwood is the worst

Based off form in the past 12 months while Hipwood did his ACL? Absolutely.

It's just a bizarre bump and very strangely timed on a day where he performed very well.

Dominant is a stretch. Has never averaged 2 goals per game in his career. Curnow going at 3.1 this season.

Timing or not, ACL or not, Hipwood isn't in the conversation.

Dominant is a stretch. Has never averaged 2 goals per game in his career. Curnow going at 3.1 this season.

Timing or not, ACL or not, Hipwood isn't in the conversation.

I'm not disputing Curnow is ahead of Hipwood?

Would he have been ahead had Hipwood not done his ACL? 🤷‍♂️ Either way, it's the sort of injury that makes these player comparisons pointless.

I'm not disputing Curnow is ahead of Hipwood?

Would he have been ahead had Hipwood not done his ACL? 🤷‍♂️ Either way, it's the sort of injury that makes these player comparisons pointless.
You are aware Charlie had like 2+ years out of the game with reoccuring knee injuries?

Anywho. They all turned into fairly different players.

I think Moore is a brilliant defender.

Charlie the deeper forward.

And Hipwood is at his best when he’s using his pace and endurance up the ground.

You are aware Charlie had like 2+ years out of the game with reoccuring knee injuries?

Anywho. They all turned into fairly different players.

I think Moore is a brilliant defender.

Charlie the deeper forward.

And Hipwood is at his best when he’s using his pace and endurance up the ground.

I am, and if you asked the same question during that time people would have said 'Hipwood'.

Point being, as they were approaching an age where key forwards begin to impact games more consistently Hipwood went down with his ACL whereas Curnow was finally getting the chance to shine.

Last year Hipwood was on track to kick 50+ in a team extremely good at spreading goal kickers. In a hypothetical world where he doesn't do his ACL, I suspect he'd have had another 50 goal season this year but his impact would have been felt up the ground.

Both players are guns and IMO Charlie still has the potential to play a big role up the ground too. I think he's better than just being a deep forward.

I am, and if you asked the same question during that time people would have said 'Hipwood'.

Point being, as they were approaching an age where key forwards begin to impact games more consistently Hipwood went down with his ACL whereas Curnow was finally getting the chance to shine.

Last year Hipwood was on track to kick 50+ in a team extremely good at spreading goal kickers. In a hypothetical world where he doesn't do his ACL, I suspect he'd have had another 50 goal season this year but his impact would have been felt up the ground.

Both players are guns and IMO Charlie still has the potential to play a big role up the ground too. I think he's better than just being a deep forward.
Hipwood kicked 26 goals in 15 games he completed. On track to kick 45 if he played 26 games. Never averaged 2 goals a game.

Hipwood kicked 26 goals in 15 games he completed. On track to kick 45 if he played 26 games. Never averaged 2 goals a game.

Sorry my bad - he'd have kicked around 45-50 at 1.87 a game including finals (excluding the game where he did his ACL).

Back