Moore v Hipwood v Curnow

Who will be better?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bucks throwing him into the defence doesn't make him versatile :p

Well, he can also take a turn in the ruck, and has the capability of being a geniune contested marking key forward too, as opposed to a 6'7" small forward (which is essentially what Hipwood has been so far).

Well, he can also take a turn in the ruck, and has the capability of being a geniune contested marking key forward too, as opposed to a 6'7" small forward (which is essentially what Hipwood has been so far).

Just because Hipwood is dangerous when the ball spills to the ground makes him a small forward. Ok then. I'd call that being a versatile tall forward myself.

Curnow has probably graduated from this thread.

McKay and Hipwood is an interesting comparison, both super athletic 203-204cm forwards who have great skills and are clean below the knees.

McKay is superior aerially but Hipwood is more adept at ground level, at this stage.

31144196_10160175002425328_5944254159506112512_n.png

Hmm.

Curnow has really pulled away from the other two for now and on raw potential, he could still be anything.

Hipwood seems to have stagnated this season. Still very good, but not much improved over last year.

Hopefully Moore gets over injury and has a good run. Feels harsh judging him under current circumstances.

Curnow has really pulled away from the other two for now and on raw potential, he could still be anything.

Hipwood seems to have stagnated this season. Still very good, but not much improved over last year.

Hopefully Moore gets over injury and has a good run. Feels harsh judging him under current circumstances.
That's a good summation.
Curnow has moved well ahead.
Hipwood probably hasnt advanced much but is still probably showing as good a signs as you want for a young forward. Still very high potential
Moore injured so unfairly is falling behind

All 3 could still turn out to be one of the best forwards in the game as they are still babies in Key Forward terms, but Curnow is pulling way ahead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curnow is the tortoise, Hipwood is the hare.
Hipwood started his career with a bang, but Curnow has overtaken him now and looks set to become one of the best forwards in the comp.

Moore has drifted off into irrelevance.

Yeah, so:

Curnow:
Daylight
Hipwood/Moore.

I thin Hipwood has slipped significantly. May not be entirely his fault, what with the midfield kicking it directly to him rather than on the lead for him. But hes only really getting the token goal a game lately, usually when the contest is already done and dusted. And thats with us using Oscar as a draw for their best defender.

Yeah, so:

Curnow:
Daylight
Hipwood/Moore.

I thin Hipwood has slipped significantly. May not be entirely his fault, what with the midfield kicking it directly to him rather than on the lead for him. But hes only really getting the token goal a game lately, usually when the contest is already done and dusted. And thats with us using Oscar as a draw for their best defender.

Want to give us Hipwood? Would love another athletic young gun at the Blues. :)

Curnow definitely exceeded my expectations, so young too. Finally got a damaging player in the forwardline.

FeelsGoodMan.Jpeg

Gee Hipwood played a very good game yesterday. His kicking let him down in the end but finish with 16 disposals, 6 marks and 2 goal assists.

His kicking in front of goal really let him down finishing with 2.4.
Yeah I dont think he has slipped as much as maybe hasnt quite kept up to the pace that Curnow has developed. Hipwood is showing enough signs that he is developing really well and will likely be super dangerous once the mids start to improve and we move up the ladder

Yeah I dont think he has slipped as much as maybe hasnt quite kept up to the pace that Curnow has developed. Hipwood is showing enough signs that he is developing really well and will likely be super dangerous once the mids start to improve and we move up the ladder

The concern remains that he's a 203cm player that's not physical or a marking target, and doesn't have the fitness or running capacity to burn off his opponent either.

Back