News Marty Frederick signs with Claremont

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the small mindeds kick up a fuss if D-Rod ever umpires one of our games. Josh the Goose's point in that Showdown would definitely have been a point ;)

There have been a few calling for the AFL to investigate this already 🤡🤡🤡

I like Frederick. He looked good but trying to temper expectations. Would love him to stick in the side long term as we don't really have anyone with burning speed off half-back and it releases Houston and even Jones to do more in the middle. Could see he was tentative to take off and run with the ball yesterday, even with space. Can't wait to see him streaming down adelaide oval

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wasn't his twin brother Michael now @ the Dockers taken as A NGA rookie too?
At the time Martin was the better of the two and winning all the trophies and accolades.
Think somebody one mentioned on BF that Port never registered him for selection at at the time, so couldn't draft him?

Re read the first 5 pages of this thread about what people said about his first year or so at Port.

I posted at post #62 that in March 2019, Baz Curtin at the Club 1870 event when interviewing Martin, said to Martin that a couple of the senior players had told him, that they believe that he is ready to play AFL.

I completely forgot about that, and at the end of 2019 thought Marty was luckier than Kai Pudney not to get cut from the rookie list. I've also forgotten how tough 2020 would have been for him only playing meaningless scratch games with no chance of breaking into the A grade.

Someone or a few people at the club obviously thought he had something worth persevering with.

Couldn't help thinking whilst reading those pages, that we got Marty for nothing, but used pick 16 on Pittard and Marty looked safer and more composed than Pittard did for probably 120 of his 126 games. Bit harsh as Pittard started when we were at rock bottom, but he played when we were decent rather than great during 2013-17 years.

Our scouts and recruiting guys have improved a hell of a lot since the noughties.

Marty will get the lockdown job on Charlie Cameron this week.

If he beats him, then team selection is a WNBG for the rest of this year.

Why are so many of our players average-to-poor in the 2's then good in the 1s? Seems system related.
Jack Strange needs to be drafted mid-season. If he comes into the AFL side and wins a Brownlow, The SANFL is cooked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back