News Marty Frederick signs with Claremont

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the small mindeds kick up a fuss if D-Rod ever umpires one of our games. Josh the Goose's point in that Showdown would definitely have been a point ;)

I think he did the North game in round 1. Smiled every time he signalled a Port goal and fist bumped Boak.

I think he did the North game in round 1. Smiled every time he signalled a Port goal and fist bumped Boak.
There is a gif somewhere of that. Think in the game review thread.

You almost forget how infectious D-Rod's energy was back in the day. Was one of the only things worth tuning in to watch during the post-07 GF dark age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many AFL sides have fielded two players born in Africa?
Marty was born in Adelaide and Aliir in a Kenyan refugee camp for South Sudanese.

The article linked below from Footy Almanac last August lists all AFL players who have African heritage including African-American, and South African heritage includes whites, coloureds and blacks as defined by South African government categories.

I dont think its 100% accurate where they were born, it mentions some countries but not others. For eg Jason Holmes was a big 203 cm African American St Kilda rookied from one of those AFL talent camps in Los Angeles. So if it doesn't mention which country they were born in, it doesn't automatically mean they were born in Oz.

These are the Sudan guys. Looks like I missed a few in my earlier post. I only mentioned the first 3 and obviously implied Michael and Martin, but Michael hadn't play against another Sudanese player util Rd 4 this year when Freo played Hawks and against Changkuoth Jiath.

Aliir Aliir (Born in Kenya to South Sudanese parents) Sydney 2014-
Majak Daw (Born in Sudan to South Sudanese parents) North Melbourne 2011-
Mabior Chol (South Sudan) Richmond 2016-

Reuben William (South Sudan) Brisbane 2016-2017 (3 games v GC,GWS,Ess)
Changkuoth Jiath (Born in Ethiopia to South Sudanese parents) Hawthorn 2019-
Tuth “Tom” Jok (South Sudan) Essendon 2019 (1 game v Coll)

Michael Frederick (South Sudan) Fremantle 2020-
WATCH THIS SPACE:
Martin Frederick (South Sudan) Port Adelaide (rookie), yet to debut

Last edited:
Ball receive, but he doesnt blaze away like your average first-gamer. He sells some candy, turns on the afterburners, and then threads the eye of the needle with a pin-point handball, leading to the Rozee goal .... That's when I knew he had what it takes.

Last edited:
DAVID RODAN had never been to an AFL game at Adelaide Oval until Sunday’s ANZAC Day game between Port Adelaide and St Kilda and he had extra reason to be excited beyond the game day experience.

... someone needs to mention that David Rodan actually played in the first AFL game at Adelaide Oval.

Ball receive, but he doesnt blaze away like your average first-gamer. He sells some candy, turns on the afterburners, and then threads the eye of the needle with a pin-point handball, leading to the Rozee goal .... That's when I knew he had what it takes.

Looked like he saw the runner out the corner of his eye, realised it was indeed the runner and didnt kick it to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back