Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but 1 out 10 attempts aint so great, although Filo has coached 1 more the premiership than you.
Be honest, after pulling the pin after 5-6 rounds why did you decide to return? Is it because you want to experience playing in a runner's up aswell as coaching one?
Remember half the side is there cos of the money not due to the love of the jumper and thats why there's never a huge care factor in finals from recruits especially if their not paid for finals.

Good luck this week because if you go out in straight sets i'd hide in my room for 6 months!

Half the side is there because there all locals, give your self a minute and count them up, reason i stopped was that work took over at the time, why would'nt i go back, its a great club to be at,great bunch of blokes, and they were always going to go well with filo there.
And to the other, i have coached to a premiership, could'nt say that about youself tho could we, 1 is better then none.:D

Yeah but 1 out 10 attempts aint so great, although Filo has coached 1 more the premiership than you.
Be honest, after pulling the pin after 5-6 rounds why did you decide to return? Is it because you want to experience playing in a runner's up aswell as coaching one?
Remember half the side is there cos of the money not due to the love of the jumper and thats why there's never a huge care factor in finals from recruits especially if their not paid for finals.

Good luck this week because if you go out in straight sets i'd hide in my room for 6 months!

For the first and last time of the year, Ablett your a c**k head!!!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu: No idea about the inside of the club, come over for a visit and see what the actual go is, sure as s**t would surprise you. My first year there and it's a good club with good people and compared to a few clubs i've been at where the almighty dollar holds sway, the blokes are a better bunch than quite a few! Come on, it's a fair hike to this part of the world and they are comitted, so the dollar is used, get over it. To all those bagging MARSH, he did ok to get on after half time after Coughlan knocked his head off in the second, umpire 10 mtrs away, very poor, reckless/intentional and high, another bloke like poor old Stan Neo who shouldnt have got another game this year.

2 inches of rain for Saturday, who ever swims the best will win:D

Half the side is there because there all locals, give your self a minute and count them up, reason i stopped was that work took over at the time, why would'nt i go back, its a great club to be at,great bunch of blokes, and they were always going to go well with filo there.
And to the other, i have coached to a premiership, could'nt say that about youself tho could we, 1 is better then none.:D

The reason i havent coached a premiership is because ive havent coached yet but there obviously not hard to come by if You and Filo have got one each under your belts.
Plus 90% of players coach to get more cash where as myself will be different as money is not my main concern. Once i have the time i'll will let the footy public aware im offering my coaching services, and then it will up to which clubs that are wanting lasting success to present to me what they have to offer.
The hardest part will letting all the clubs know who i ive chosen, there is bound to be many dissappointed clubs who miss out and then will have to result back to 2nd best so maybe some one like your self may get another gig.

For the first and last time of the year, Ablett your a c**k head!!!!!:thumbsu::thumbsu: No idea about the inside of the club, come over for a visit and see what the actual go is, sure as s**t would surprise you. My first year there and it's a good club with good people and compared to a few clubs i've been at where the almighty dollar holds sway, the blokes are a better bunch than quite a few! Come on, it's a fair hike to this part of the world and they are comitted, so the dollar is used, get over it. To all those bagging MARSH, he did ok to get on after half time after Coughlan knocked his head off in the second, umpire 10 mtrs away, very poor, reckless/intentional and high, another bloke like poor old Stan Neo who shouldnt have got another game this year.

2 inches of rain for Saturday, who ever swims the best will win:D

Are you still suffering from small mans syndrome?
Obviously you've been at clubs where the almighty dollar is high, thats the only reason you where there.

Ofcourse all clubs spend cash to get success( except Calivil) and especially towns like P/Hill that is located out in shitville, but along with the cash usually comes the ultimate prize which Hill hasnt experienced lately so as an outsider i can argue that the club decision makers and recruiters need to have a long hard look themselves because they are failing especially if you guys choke again this year which is on the cards.

The reason i havent coached a premiership is because ive havent coached yet but there obviously not hard to come by if You and Filo have got one each under your belts.
Plus 90% of players coach to get more cash where as myself will be different as money is not my main concern. Once i have the time i'll will let the footy public aware im offering my coaching services, and then it will up to which clubs that are wanting lasting success to present to me what they have to offer.
The hardest part will letting all the clubs know who i ive chosen, there is bound to be many dissappointed clubs who miss out and then will have to result back to 2nd best so maybe some one like your self may get another gig.

After these comments, we better stop here, ya got nothing, good luck with your coaching career.:thumbsdown:

How's Pyramid Hill falling flat on their faces again today, losing to the undeniable Calivil side, who knocked them off 7.7 to 4.17.

Something has to change there.

Credit to Calivil. They are irrepressible. Such a Dynasty.

Going to be an interesting GF, so many facets to it.

Bridgy have the better side, no doubt. But they are made up of a fair few ex-south players, and we know how they go in big finals.

Calivil know to play... were born to play finals. Obviously not as much quality as Bridgy but jeez there's a lot of experience to make up for it.

Can't wait.

How's Pyramid Hill falling flat on their faces again today, losing to the undeniable Calivil side, who knocked them off 7.7 to 4.17.

Something has to change there.

Credit to Calivil. They are irrepressible. Such a Dynasty.

Going to be an interesting GF, so many facets to it.

Bridgy have the better side, no doubt. But they are made up of a fair few ex-south players, and we know how they go in big finals.

Calivil know to play... were born to play finals. Obviously not as much quality as Bridgy but jeez there's a lot of experience to make up for it.

Can't wait.

Think you'll find that the south boys at bridgy are mainly from the 2's and they won 2 or 3 flags in a row on a bigger stage then the LVFL grand final so i think they have enough experience in the big games... Yeah Calivil have plenty of experience but Bridgy have proven they are the side to beat in 2010

Wondering what the plan of attack will be for Bridgy on Sat, last time against Calivil they came out head hunting, Calivil kept there head over the ball and won by 8 goals.

Bridgy have no doubt been the best side of the season but that will mean nothing on Sat, I reckon Bridgy would have much prefered to be playing Pyramid Hill instead of Calivil.

Wondering what the plan of attack will be for Bridgy on Sat, last time against Calivil they came out head hunting, Calivil kept there head over the ball and won by 8 goals.

Bridgy have no doubt been the best side of the season but that will mean nothing on Sat, I reckon Bridgy would have much prefered to be playing Pyramid Hill instead of Calivil.

same with the 2's. YC went out in straight sets so Bridgey will play Newbridge... who beat them not long ago. I think Calivil will win seniors and newbridge 2's will win.

Oh well what do i say, i predicted this months ago and i was correct.
Another sad monday for the Pyramid boys.

As soon as i knew what the game conditions were gunna be Calivil were always gunna win.
Days like that you have to get your own kicks which is born & bred into Calivil players where as half of Pyramids team is made up of players who only hang around to recieve a match payment whom are the same ones who hang around the packs to recieving the ball.
The difference is one team had a bunch of blokes who play for their club and jumper and the other team had selfish recruits that dont give a hoot.

Where now for Pyramid? Top up on some more money hungary recruits and hasbeens.

The club needs to get a coach that is up and coming not someone who is past their used by date and cashing in on his name.

If i was a Pyramid or sponsor i'd be wanting some heads to roll after the club forking out so much money only to fail when it counts agian!

All you hurting Pyramid supporters/players that post on here can get on and rip into me but that wont change the fact that the club spent a fortune for sweet fruck all return.
When you guys eventually wipe away your tears maybe you will realise its time to man-up and admit that somethings that i post are, although at times personal and insult the sensitive, but true and would benifit your club to becoming successful .

Anway enough but Pyramid im actually favouring Bridgy this week unless its a mud heep which will sway to the Mighty Calivil bregade.

Oh well what do i say, i predicted this months ago and i was correct.
Another sad monday for the Pyramid boys.

As soon as i knew what the game conditions were gunna be Calivil were always gunna win.
Days like that you have to get your own kicks which is born & bred into Calivil players where as half of Pyramids team is made up of players who only hang around to recieve a match payment whom are the same ones who hang around the packs to recieving the ball.
The difference is one team had a bunch of blokes who play for their club and jumper and the other team had selfish recruits that dont give a hoot.

Where now for Pyramid? Top up on some more money hungary recruits and hasbeens.

The club needs to get a coach that is up and coming not someone who is past their used by date and cashing in on his name.

If i was a Pyramid or sponsor i'd be wanting some heads to roll after the club forking out so much money only to fail when it counts agian!

All you hurting Pyramid supporters/players that post on here can get on and rip into me but that wont change the fact that the club spent a fortune for sweet fruck all return.
When you guys eventually wipe away your tears maybe you will realise its time to man-up and admit that somethings that i post are, although at times personal and insult the sensitive, but true and would benifit your club to becoming successful .

Anway enough but Pyramid im actually favouring Bridgy this week unless its a mud heep which will sway to the Mighty Calivil bregade.

Couldnt agree more. I wonder now what FILO put in place to bring these individuals together as a team. Secondly, why would he play himself and keep a young fit body out.

Gotta give congratulations to lukey mitchell for his Harding medal win! He only played the one game against us this year and I was fortunate enough to get the job tagging him! Absolutely tore me a new a-hole! Very good player and glad I don't have to play against his like every week! I found it easier playing on haythorpe!

Yeah well done to Mitchell, hes a gun footballer who is probably the most exciting to watch in the LV with his high flying and great skills. Anyway onto the Grand Finals, does anyone know if the games are getting recorded again this year like they did last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, checking back into this thread after a small absence I read and marvel at the fact that pyramid have managed to CHOKE to Calivil AGAIN.

Looking at the results for the year I see that they played each other for a total of 4 times.
Pyramid managed to win the first 3 (with nothing on the line) of the 4 and only lost in the last one which happened to be a preliminary final. Seriously, that is a joke!

The common theme is there so called big names like Marsh are some of the biggest show boating lurkers you are likely to see on a field. Pyramid tip money into their pockets making them believe they are better than they really are and they walk around as though they should be playing AFL. They have their a$$ kissed by a few locals and I know that there are team rules and 'new recruit' rules. The mentality is laughable and whilst they maintain these high priced ego's like him and that KKnob B. Wild, Fev and the like, it will only be history repeating itself again year on year.

If someone only drummed into them the meaning of team success vs individual flashes and resisting the high fives when you have done sweet FA all day, it just might be the awakening long overdue.
Having said that, hats off to Calivil. Each year, when it counts they stand up and produce quality team footy...something money cannot buy!

D-Nine and Ablett, elements of truth in your posts, a few went missing and i think we can all reflect on how we could spend our money better. Truth is the $$$ will always play a part you just have to get the right mix. I believe that the committee and club have worked a few things out in particular after Saturday. Onwards and upwards if we all dwell on the past we would neck ourselves!!!

Cracka, no tears just a waste, so many opportunities wasted, should have got that in a canter. Not sure that anyone would get over Bridgy this week anyhow.

For what it's worth and all due respect to Calivil, Bridgewater to win by a minimaum of 7 goals, Bridgy in a canter in the 2's and the kids well i have an old soft spot for Serp, by a point???

Good luck to all sides this weekend and God help all the umpires because this league has some shockers, lets hope they dont influence the result???!!! Hope the young blonde kid gets a gig, only one to impress this year.

Gotta give congratulations to lukey mitchell for his Harding medal win! He only played the one game against us this year and I was fortunate enough to get the job tagging him! Absolutely tore me a new a-hole! Very good player and glad I don't have to play against his like every week! I found it easier playing on haythorpe!

Is Abbott coaching next year!

D-Nine and Ablett, elements of truth in your posts, a few went missing and i think we can all reflect on how we could spend our money better. Truth is the $$$ will always play a part you just have to get the right mix. I believe that the committee and club have worked a few things out in particular after Saturday. Onwards and upwards if we all dwell on the past we would neck ourselves!!!

Cracka, no tears just a waste, so many opportunities wasted, should have got that in a canter. Not sure that anyone would get over Bridgy this week anyhow.

For what it's worth and all due respect to Calivil, Bridgewater to win by a minimaum of 7 goals, Bridgy in a canter in the 2's and the kids well i have an old soft spot for Serp, by a point???

Good luck to all sides this weekend and God help all the umpires because this league has some shockers, lets hope they dont influence the result???!!! Hope the young blonde kid gets a gig, only one to impress this year.

Mate I hear what your saying and well said but I must pick you up when you say the club and committee have worked a few things out particularly after saturday. Well bugger me, how many years do they need before they figure it out. It seems they make the same mistakes year in year out. I dont the people in the committee or at the top and Im sure they have the clubs best interest at heart, after all why would you do it otherwise, but surely the lessons must have been learnt by now!!???

Good effort from Serp's Jacob Greenwood, this kid could've played Under 15's this year...and won the Under 17's LVFL B & F. I hope he gets noticed by Pio selectors.

Mate I hear what your saying and well said but I must pick you up when you say the club and committee have worked a few things out particularly after saturday. Well bugger me, how many years do they need before they figure it out. It seems they make the same mistakes year in year out. I dont the people in the committee or at the top and Im sure they have the clubs best interest at heart, after all why would you do it otherwise, but surely the lessons must have been learnt by now!!???

My first year at the Hill and i forgot, your right about the past, not sure what changes there have been over the past few years on the committee but there could be a few new faces to mix it up a bit? The Pres (good bloke Jonesy) is standing down for someone else to have a turn and perhaps some others might put their hand up, i might even have a go? In saying that there could be a few players who have had their time and tough decisions will have to be made. In saying all that it is very difficult to have the right mix and it wont happen over night, especially due to being so bloody remote out here!! Relying on locals, ex locals and their mates, perhaps more homework is required:confused:

The mini bus is coaching again! Will be interesting if he can concentrate a bit more on improving the side instead of spending all of his pre match planning on his next crackhead story about mice in milk etc!

Mini bus = half a coach hahaha!

Yeah Abbotts pre-match speeches can be interesting and at times surprisingly amusing, some off his post match speeches the same!

Ya goota wonder what goes on between the great mans ears sometimes!

Hey Ho i did say 8 weeks ago pyramid hill had there name engraved on the plemin final trophy one year later luan marsh kicks goal puts hill 13pts up runs around finger spinning OH no ground hog day 12 months later AGAIN WE ARE OUT AGAIN BOO WHO:)Learn to build a side from the ground up.

Hey pinnacle no health i hear abbott got the best out of an old gerry at trick;) like you when you played at golden square.How are your coaching dreams going or are they still just that DREAMS:spade:

Hey Ho i did say 8 weeks ago pyramid hill had there name engraved on the plemin final trophy one year later luan marsh kicks goal puts hill 13pts up runs around finger spinning OH no ground hog day 12 months later AGAIN WE ARE OUT AGAIN BOO WHO:)Learn to build a side from the ground up.

Please provide your model on how to do this, now i'm not stupid and have a fair idea, consider the following in your submission. Be nice if there were a population base to draw from. Pyramid is remote, more so than many other clubs in the comp. Cant draw much from Kerang (Wandella, Kerang, Murrabit, Macorna, Quambatook and Koondrook/Barham all drain that resource), Echuca is 40 mins away and Bendigo an hour, Pyramid population of 500 (at a stretch). Minimal kids coming through the ranks and 90 percent leave for uni or work.

Pig skin, you from Inglewood?? Hows it working there, still turnover of players, got to pay money and blokes travel, whats the difference, without being rude, Pyramid has been more successful of late without the big one, let me know the secret.

Who's coaching who next year, changes a plenty????

Don't know how much you take out of it, but the last time pyramid played in GF was 08, which was all made up of locals except for 4/5 melb base players,(thats was when big orry got KO), so maybe they did play for the jumper not the $ that year, and thats the results you get.

all the best to calivil, as we know, bridgy did buy in alot of players this year,
cause snr/res bgo players won't come out to lvfl for any less then 300.

what coaches are on/off for next year,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back