Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone heard any news from last week Annual Meeting.
Is the draw out for 2009, League Executive,Age Groups.
Noticed in the draw that games will be played on Sunday 26th April due to Anzac day on the Saturday, will players and sponsers be happy about Sunday matches in LVFL? I personally couldn't give a rats but some might

Have any clubs kicked off there pre-season yet?

I know Marong start this Friday with a run followed by BBQ/Meet&Greet tea, before commencing Mon/Wed sessions in the lead up to Chrissy.

Any other recruiting news?? Has been quiet of late, probably alot of blokes weighing up offers over Xmas period.

Just reading on Central Vic Footy that Dave Morrissey may be off to Birchip.

If this does happen, throw in Wicks, and at least one other player who may be on the move, Miti's losses could be fairly significant.

With the exit of Wicks, its surprising there isn’t a mass influx of players who have left over the years, mentioning Wicks as one of the main factors for their departure.

I know Marong start this Friday with a run followed by BBQ/Meet&Greet tea, before commencing Mon/Wed sessions in the lead up to Chrissy.

With my current level of fitness that is quite concerning... :) But hey u have to start sometime :D

Good to see Coxy coaching Serp... Will do a good job...

YC won't be starting until sometime in Jan. They have a meet the coaches day next Sunday but no training mentioned yet.

Bridgewater won't be starting until late Jan/early Feb because Ashman is working out of town at present.

I could understand a side like Serp (only just appointed a coach) or YCW might start in late Jan/ early Feb but not Bridgewater.

With a few additions, Bridgewater could be a real contender next season given their improvement over the last few seasons. A late start, especially given the pretty average reason, might be the difference though. If the top 3 or 4 teams have a relatively even playing group, fitness will be a key and might put them behind the likes of Calivil/ Pyramid/ Marong etc. It's probably also a concern that there is no one able to take training in Kurt's absence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could understand a side like Serp (only just appointed a coach) or YCW might start in late Jan/ early Feb but not Bridgewater.

With a few additions, Bridgewater could be a real contender next season given their improvement over the last few seasons. A late start, especially given the pretty average reason, might be the difference though. If the top 3 or 4 teams have a relatively even playing group, fitness will be a key and might put them behind the likes of Calivil/ Pyramid/ Marong etc. It's probably also a concern that there is no one able to take training in Kurt's absence.
why can't cocko collins take training

Couldn't agree more. Next few months are very important for Bridgewater to keep the momentum going from last season and it's disappointing nothing is happening til next year.

Don't know if Collo is even playing next year. One thing is for sure, he isn't assistant coach.

Couldn't agree more. Next few months are very important for Bridgewater to keep the momentum going from last season and it's disappointing nothing is happening til next year.

Don't know if Collo is even playing next year. One thing is for sure, he isn't assistant coach.

Reeece Poyner is Bridgy's ass.coach next season so you'd reckon he'd be capable of taking training or why appoint him?

Reeece Poyner is Bridgy's ass.coach next season so you'd reckon he'd be capable of taking training or why appoint him?

Is there any other clubs who are not kicking off training till late Feb early Mar? Bit of a shock really considering you hear alot of other clubs have already kicked off. Could result in loss of players leaving kick off so late.

mitiamo wont be starting till feb either. i thnk clubs are trying to follow calivil cos they never seem to start training til feb! i was talking to dave morrisseys brother today and he said that dave will be leaving mitiamo and joining Birchip to play with his mate jon doran! will be a big loss for us!

YC have signed Ben Murphy as Reserves coach, Kev Roberts as 17's coach & still waiting on Marty's signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back