Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

weird to compare the pies and giants and their newly appointed coaches to us. both teams were only a few years off a grand final appearance, they arent rebuilding teams come out of nowhere with a magician coach. these teams are and have been chock full of talent and hardened bodies
Yeah, it's a laughable comparison. Those coaches rebounded teams that had both made recent grand finals, that is a very far cry from getting a newly built team to the finals.

Yeah, it's a laughable comparison. Those coaches rebounded teams that had both made recent grand finals, that is a very far cry from getting a newly built team to the finals.

I don't see how you can describe this as a newly built team though. A subtantial number of his current players played in the 2022 finals series after winning 15 games in the H&A. Let's not pretend he was starting from nothing in 2023.

I don't see how you can describe this as a newly built team though. A subtantial number of his current players played in the 2022 finals series after winning 15 games in the H&A. Let's not pretend he was starting from nothing in 2023.
Especially when the club has said a flag and three prelims by the end of next year was realistic

Especially when the club has said a flag and three prelims by the end of next year was realistic
OHHH here it comes.
We want the club to be without a vision!!
I would rather we as a club set some vision rather than ban the F word every year.
Every club has a vision, even the Road Kill Roos.

OHHH here it comes.
We want the club to be without a vision!!
I would rather we as a club set some vision rather than ban the F word every year.
Every club has a vision, even the Road Kill Roos.

Here what comes, someone daring to think differently to you?

When you lay down a set of goals and then don’t even come close to achieving them you lose credibility. A vision that is totally unachievable is no better than no vision at all.

When you lay down a set of goals and then don’t even come close to achieving them you lose credibility. A vision that is totally unachievable is no better than no vision at all.
What ever you say. Better some vision than none at all.
Have to look forward not back or stay the same.
Reading all sort of site i read that we have no vision, no future. The club come out with a vision and ity gets bagged.

No problem having a vision, but if it doesn't come to fruition people need to be held accountable and questions must be asked as to why
AND I am sure that they will be. Better a vision than being three blind mice.
Having the vision also relies on the support from outside the club, something that seems to be missing here.

AND I am sure that they will be. Better a vision than being three blind mice.
Having the vision also relies on the support from outside the club, something that seems to be missing here.

Achieving visions requires accountability, and as shareholders hold company boards accountable so to must members hold club boards accountable. If they don’t, then there is no consequences to failure.

Wtf 🤬

I have issues with Jlo style, but i still want to see him/team succeed.

Really bad take/
The school of thought is JL will never be good enough to win a flag, so why waste time being a middling side? If the club will extend him for it, we need him to crash and burn to get change

Wtf 🤬

I have issues with Jlo style, but i still want to see him/team succeed.

Really bad take/
I dont think Freo will win a flag under Justin Longmuir. Thats my personal opinon.

But I see freo have a finals run like Richmond of 2013-15 or West coast of 2002-4 or North Melbourne of 2014-6 or Carlton of 2009-2011.

Make 3 elim finals in a row. win a final or 2. drop down the ladder and finish 9th or 10th or 11th for 2 years in a row and Justin Longmuir gets sacked.

I dont hate J-Lo. I can only think he can get us far to a degree. I think that 2022 season is the best he can do. Make 5th to 8th and win a final or 2. Thats not a bad thing.

Our current side at best is good enough to make finals. There is quality there. But I fear Justin Longmuir will be another chris Connolly. Have a good side but underachieve but we all want a sustained finals run.

The school of thought is JL will never be good enough to win a flag, so why waste time being a middling side? If the club will extend him for it, we need him to crash and burn to get change
They gave him 1 year big deal.

If we do poorly this year and or miss finals he’s out.

In saying that we’re 3-3 currently. Not out of it yet..so go Freo and go Justin. 😤 get us to September ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the club devide to part ways with Longmuir who replaces him.?
Since our inception we have had to rely on good assistant coaches.
Drum came highly recommended from Sydney.
Connolly I think from Melbourne. But he had the hardest job in the AFL at that time. Not only coaching, but having to help sell the club and get sponsorship. He was employed when Freo were $8mill in the red. In the end we were afloat, in the black.
Neesham was a success at WAFL level. But his mistake was recruiting his former Claremont players that were not up to AFL level. The clubs first mistake in my opinion.

Lyon was the only coach that was anywhere near an AFL coach, but burnt bridges in ways that the club will never disclose.
There is not one assistant, there is that word again, that we could possibly look at.
Longmuir will see out his extended contract providing there is no disaster.
The season is not 1/3 of the way though yet, and we are not travelling as badly as some are making out.

The season is not 1/3 of the way though yet, and we are not travelling as badly as some are making out.

People got a sniff of that 3-0 beauty.
Should have left SA at least 4-1.
Lost to both Carlton and Port in the final minutes.
Then get beaten convincingly by the Eagles.

I understand why some supporters are broken right now. Swap Carlton with GWS and Eagles with like Sydney, and people's sanity will still be intact looking at the 3-3.

People got a sniff of that 3-0 beauty.
Should have left SA at least 4-1.
Lost to both Carlton and Port in the final minutes.
Then get beaten convincingly by the Eagles.

I understand why some supporters are broken right now. Swap Carlton with GWS and Eagles with like Sydney, and people's sanity will still be intact looking at the 3-3.
We didn't leave SA 4-1

We cannot close out games with our current game plan.

This is why Jlo needs to go.

If the club devide to part ways with Longmuir who replaces him.?
Since our inception we have had to rely on good assistant coaches.
Drum came highly recommended from Sydney.
Connolly I think from Melbourne. But he had the hardest job in the AFL at that time. Not only coaching, but having to help sell the club and get sponsorship. He was employed when Freo were $8mill in the red. In the end we were afloat, in the black.
Neesham was a success at WAFL level. But his mistake was recruiting his former Claremont players that were not up to AFL level. The clubs first mistake in my opinion.

Lyon was the only coach that was anywhere near an AFL coach, but burnt bridges in ways that the club will never disclose.
There is not one assistant, there is that word again, that we could possibly look at.
Longmuir will see out his extended contract providing there is no disaster.
Ken Hinkley

In my previous post, I forgot to mention the Harvey years. What a joke that period was.
He would havd to have been the most incompetent coach...EVER, at any club.
Appointed without applying for the job. Never ever once applied for a senior coaching role.
I shudder when ever I hear his name mentioned.

In my previous post, I forgot to mention the Harvey years. What a joke that period was.
He would havd to have been the most incompetent coach...EVER, at any club.
Appointed without applying for the job. Never ever once applied for a senior coaching role.
I shudder when ever I hear his name mentioned.
And this is why we don't listen to outsiders about what we should do with our club.

They should have set a goal more like be making the finals consecutively from 2023 onwards, relative from when they made it.

Yes visions need to be achievable and always improved on . If business does not achieve its goals CEO are rolled . So yes we need a vision not an impossible dream . Impossible dreams make the club a laughing matter for non supporters when they hear our vision and see our results

We are getting no closer to winning premierships after 30 yrs,

So a change in culture is needed where we don’t accept losing , mediocrity and we need to be accountable . Even the fans need to experience t more from our club and players , we need to stop blaming umpires and fixtures and apparent AFL conspiracies . None of those things are going to change , so we either keep looking for excuses and he we win a premiership or we tell the club we expect to win. . They play like they expect to win and eventually we win the premiership we all ache for

J Lo will never take us anywhere, sack him now and give new coach time to blood youth so can work out whos in our best 22 for next year and beyond, do a big clean out over summer as well, to much dead wood on our list
Not doing another bloody clean out. Been there already and we can’t go backwards again. The core nucleus of the team is there, just have to add one or two A graders and can do that with the three rd1 draft picks. Get Warner and Baker in.

I think Jlo could possibly be sacked if we don’t make finals. That year was just financial reassurance if he does get the flick. Personally if he does I want a coach that’s had the top job before. Seeing Voss turn it around, I would look at Leppitsch or look way out of the square and get Chocco who would then bring his assistants. Chocco has got the best out of so many players.

I would definitely want someone who’s been and done it. Preferably someone that’s had the success as a Player or Coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back