Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

JLo needs to take notes from Kingsley. They play a similar defensive game that we do. All the players rush back to defend the D50 to outnumber the opposition. The difference is that as soon as they get the turnover all the players run and handball through the midfield. Their gameplan seems like the perfect balance between offence/defence whereas ours is more defensive centric.
It’s his system and unfortunately guys like Hughes don’t have the natural footy
flair to play that way.
You need several players willing to take the game on either by hand and foot.
I’d say even the guys here before Jlo started were indoctrinated into Ross
ball.
All the top teams go quickly from half back to get the forwards a chance.
Our mids can also look very similar and we need to find or play one who is genuinely quick.
Johnson, Simpson have such qualities but will take time, management.
Maybe Johnson at HB, Simpson as a SF, and limited time in the middle?
Sub even to ensure they get rested until they are mature bodied.

They gave him 1 year big deal.

If we do poorly this year and or miss finals he’s out.

In saying that we’re 3-3 currently. Not out of it yet..so go Freo and go Justin. 😤 get us to September ffs.
So squeeze to 8th lose a final and give him another deal and waste more time, yay

one forgotten name I think was touted before the eventual J-Lo appointment, was Blake Caracella. Currently an assistant coach at Essendon Eggplants, worked under Hardwick previously. Would he be a consideration? I think his name was swirling around these pages before Justin got the gig. I don't know enough on him to give a 'critical' opinion - but I recall his name in the mix.

Last edited:

In my previous post, I forgot to mention the Harvey years. What a joke that period was.
He would havd to have been the most incompetent coach...EVER, at any club.
Appointed without applying for the job. Never ever once applied for a senior coaching role.
I shudder when ever I hear his name mentioned.
Yep crazy times.

We shouldn't have let Chris Scott leave at the end of 2010 and given Harvey the flick.

What a sliding door moment that may have been!

AND I am sure that they will be. Better a vision than being three blind mice.
Having the vision also relies on the support from outside the club, something that seems to be missing here.
What???
How does support or lack there of from a forum with a couple hundred posters out of 50K members make any difference to the delivery of the Freo/Garlic vision.

J Lo will never take us anywhere, sack him now and give new coach time to blood youth so can work out whos in our best 22 for next year and beyond, do a big clean out over summer as well, to much dead wood on our list
Again.... Justin Longmuir got us that 2022 season that pulled in 15 wins, 6 losses and a draw from 22 games.

Topped off a good season with a finals win too.

It felt exciting again. But when a club endures a rebuild where a team spends 6-8 years in a row and not make finals, well that finals win will be remembered well.

And also of those 23 blokes that night that played in that 2022 Elim finals win vs the dogs, 19 of them tasted a finals win for the 1st time in their careers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back