News Jarrod Lienert signs for North Melbourne VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

When he fails to break into their 22 on a consistent basis and gets delisted within a couple of years, can this board finally admit that he was never actually hard done by at Port and he's just not that good?
I'd say he's hard done by purely based on the fact he's probably good enough to be on an AFL list, it's just that there's a few in front of him at Port. I'm happy someone gave him a lifeline.

When he fails to break into their 22 on a consistent basis and gets delisted within a couple of years, can this board finally admit that he was never actually hard done by at Port and he's just not that good?
I think Jarrod is a very good player and will be very serviceable. Unfortunately, his time was up with as as we have better options. Good luck to him at the Saints.

Lienert is Homer Simpson, you’re Frank Grimes and the rest of this board is everyone else working at the power plant.

Lienert is Homer Simpson, you’re Frank Grimes and the rest of this board is everyone else working at the power plant.
Ken Hinkley is Homer Simpson, this board is Frank Grimes and David Koch is Mr Burns.

"Would you like to see my coach of the year awards?"

Ken Hinkley is Homer Simpson, this board is Frank Grimes and David Koch is Mr Burns.

"Would you like to see my coach of the year awards?"

HOW ABOUT I LOSE A PRELIM BY 70 POINTS, WELL THAT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE IIIIIMMMM KEN HINKLEY

Another insane list decision by our so called leaders..
cheap effective back up player good enough to come on play his role and cover any injuries. But hey, Sam skinner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you compare Jarrod Lienert to Sam Skinner, you are a moron who knows nothing about football. They play completely different roles. You may as well complain that we recruited Skinner over Boyd Woodcock.

What is your beef with Lienert? It's a bit much tbh.
It's not really him specifically. It's the idea getting around on this board that this dumpster fire of a season with a coach who's lost the playing group would somehow have been any better if we'd retained soft fringe players like Jarrod Lienert and Peter Ladhams. If either of them were still on our list they'd be playing just as badly as the players we kept.

And in regards to the post you quoted, even if Lienert was the best player in the league it still wouldn't any sense to compare him to Skinner. Skinner is a key defender, Lienert is a Bonner style half back.

It's not really him specifically. It's the idea getting around on this board that this dumpster fire of a season with a coach who's lost the playing group would somehow have been any better if we'd retained soft fringe players like Jarrod Lienert and Peter Ladhams. If either of them were still on our list they'd be playing just as badly as the players we kept.

And in regards to the post you quoted, even if Lienert was the best player in the league it still wouldn't any sense to compare him to Skinner. Skinner is a key defender, Lienert is a Bonner style half back.
The soft fringe player who walks in to a winning St Kilda side and has 23 possesions today ?

The soft fringe player who walks in to a winning St Kilda side and has 23 possesions today ?
Yes, that one. How many of those touches were contested?

Lienert is averaging half as many contested possessions this year as Riley Bonner. Half! Riley Bonner! If that doesn't put his play for the Saints into perspective, I don't know what will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back