New Orleans Saints, Detroit Tigers
REDDEN%20Jarrad.png

Height: 205 cm

Weight: 107 kg

Date of Birth: 27th December 1990

Nickname: Big Red

Twitter Handle: jarrad34

Position: Ruck

Recruited From: Woodville-West Torrens (2008 National Draft Pick #54)

Career Games (to end of 2015): 16 (4 wins, 1 draw, 11 losses)

Career Goals (to end of 2014): 3

For more career stats click here

Honours:

More info on Jarrad Redden:

It was a long road back for Jarrad Redden. After missing a year and a half with injury, Jarrad got his chance in Round 2 against Sydney. Despite being well beaten, it was good to see him back in action. He spent the rest of the year leading the ruck in the SANFL, playing 20 matches and averaging 27 hitouts whilst also kicking 10 goals for the year. He had some good games at SANFL level, but it was considered that his body was just not up to the rigours of AFL football anymore and was delisted at the end of the year.

Highlight Reel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Jarrad Redden

Jarrad Redden - ruckman, Eagles, SA
DOB: 27/12/90 Ht:202cm Wt:88kg
"Jarrad didn't go to the draft camp because he played in our reserves grand final but he did go to the state screening. A very raw ruckman who comes from a basketball background and had played very little football until this year. He's developing nicely as a ruckman but can go forward as well. Got solid skills for a player of his size."
- Eagles football manager Kym Ireland
SA rep 2008.

Glad he made it. Even though i don't like Port Adelaide, i wish him all the best in the AFL. :) I've played against him down here a couple of times.

It's news on the Yorke Peninsula.

http://www.ypct.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4154&Itemid=42

Crows supporter drafted to the Power
Tuesday, 02 December 2008
Journalist: Peter Argent

Jarrad Redden, a member of the Southern Eagles Senior Colts 2007 premiership team, was drafted onto the Port Adelaide Club Senior AFL list last Saturday.

Yorketown’s Redden family had two computers fired up to make sure they didn’t miss anything as the draft unfolded. Jarrad is a study of concentration as mum Cheryl keeps notes, watched by sisters Lauren and Alycia, dad Dean and brother Daniel.
However, the 202cm 88kg big man did confirm he was an Adelaide Crows supporter before being selected to wear the black, white and teal of their cross-town rivals.

After an amazing season in which he proceeded through the Woodville-West Torrens U19s and reserves to debut in the SANFL, as well as representing his state at U18s level, Redden was the Power’s fourth selection at pick number 54, adding to the ruck stocks at the Alberton-based club.

“It’s pretty amazing,” Redden said on Saturday afternoon. “I’m stoked to be able to stay in Adelaide, and move down to town on Sunday night. It’s worked out perfectly.

“I’ve already spoken to the development manager Stuart Cochrane and Mark Williams.

“It’s been a constant upwards ride this year, and I was pretty nervous this morning, but this is great.”

The Reddens listened to the draft at home on a computer.

A dual state underage player, also wearing the South Australia colours in basketball, Redden said he had no regrets about giving the round ball game away.

Jarrad's young brother Daniel, happens to be a Port Power fan and is rapt Jarrad will wear the black, white and teal.

“Jarrad has clean hands, moves around the ground well and can kick goals up forward,” Power’s national recruiting manager Blair Hartley said.

“He burst onto the radar at an Academy trial at Max Basheer Reserve early in the year and, at that stage, looked like a first round pick.

“We are pretty happy to get him in the 50s, and he has a big upside. We took into consideration the amount of travelling he was doing each week, and it was a good sign he was still having an impact in the later part of the year.

“At Port Adelaide, we don’t shy away from the fact ruckmen take time to develop. Our ruck stocks going forward are strong with Jonathan Giles in his fourth year, Matthew Lobbe in his second and now Jarrad coming on board.”

On his ambitions for 2009, Redden said it would be awesome to play an AFL game, but his main aim will be to get a regular position in the Woodville-West Torrens senior team.

As a way of celebrating, the Redden family combined Jarrad’s sister’s (Alicia’s) birthday with his draft selection at home.

The opportunities for Redden at the Alberton-based club are tremendous, as senior ruckman Brendon Lade (32) and Dean Brogan (30) are both at the latter stages of their career. Also, another young Power-listed ruckman Hugh Minson was forced to retire this year due to injury.

Taking the foot off the gas
By Katrina Gill
1:03 PM Fri 09 January, 2009
http://portadelaidefc.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6038/Default.aspx?newsId=71193

Redden_246a.jpg

THE WEEKS and months following NAB AFL Draft can prove hectic for a new draftee, but for Port Adelaide recruit Jarrad Redden, the time has allowed him to take his foot off the accelerator… literally.

Redden, 18, drove more than 1000kms a week last year from his home of Yorketown, on South Australia’s Yorke Peninsula, to Adelaide in a bid to fulfil his AFL dream.

“I’d leave school at lunchtime on Friday afternoon and come down to Adelaide for the pre-game training with Woodville-West Torrens that night,” Redden said.

“I’d play for the Eagles on Saturday, do a recovery session on Sunday, train Monday night and then head home after that. It was a late night Monday night.

“During the week, I’d train with my local team either on a Tuesday or a Thursday, so I was pretty busy with footy commitments most days of the week.”

Redden, who was determined to complete his Year 12 studies, endured more time on the road when he was selected to represent SA at the U18 Championships in June.

The extra seven-hour round trip prompted Redden’s father, who feared his son might become fatigued, to make the journey to Adelaide with the 202cm teenager.

“We would try and come down for as many of the Wednesday night training sessions as we could during the U18 Championships,” Redden said.

“Dad would travel down with me on those nights because we were driving to Adelaide and back to Yorketown in the same night, which was like a 500km trip.

“We wouldn’t get back home until after 11pm and I had school the next morning.”

The tiring travel time paid off for Redden during the U18 Championships, where he finished the competition ranked third in hit-outs and hit-outs to advantage.

“I probably started to realise I was chance of playing AFL after the U18 Championships because I’d received a bit of interest,” he said.

“But even during the state trial games early in the year you had player managers phoning up, so you start to get a bit of an idea that people are watching you.”

The former state basketballer was invited to attend the 2008 NAB AFL Draft Camp, but declined in favour of playing finals for the Eagles reserves. It proved to be the right decision when he was selected by Port Adelaide at pick 54 in the draft.

Just two days later he started training with his new club and one week later he had moved in with new teammate Jacob Surjan.

The keen fisherman has spent time in both the forward and midfield groups at Alberton, but knows he has some work to do on his 88kg frame before an AFL berth.

“I’d love to play my first game sometime next season, but I’ve been told that ruckmen often take a couple of years to develop,” he said.

“I’m hoping that, maybe if I get good enough, I’ll get a spot in the forward line because I can play up there as well.

“But before that I want to cement my spot for Woodville-West Torrens.”

Redden said he was adjusting well and conceded he didn’t miss the long road trips.

“It’s nice not to have to pack up and leave [Adelaide] every night,” Redden said.

“But Yorketown is pretty chilled out. You become pretty well known once you get drafted and whenever I go back everyone asks me about footy and how it’s all going.

“It’s a great community and all the people back home are all right behind me.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has worked hard this season and has bulked up quite a bit since settling in Adelaide - unfortunately now is on the injury list for maybe another 2 weeks.

has worked hard this season and has bulked up quite a bit since settling in Adelaide - unfortunately now is on the injury list for maybe another 2 weeks.

I asked him yesterday when he expects to play and he said he hoped by end of season

jarrad played his first game back on the weekend for the eagles ressies after ankle injury. did okay in the ruck but a little 'rusty' - am sure it wont take long to get back into swing of things

Re: It seems Giles is gone....

What is the relation between Jarrad and Jack Redden(Bris)???

Don't think they're related, at least not as brothers. Jack Redden is i think from Keith and Jarrad from the Yorke Peninsula.

Don't think they're related, at least not as brothers. Jack Redden is i think from Keith and Jarrad from the Yorke Peninsula.

Reddens brother was an Eagles Player last year but left for Henley i think. I dont think the other one is his Brother as why would he play at a differnt club than the other two.

I think your rite...Don't know where they're from but going by birth dates not brohters....unless they are twins & Jarrad popped out 18 days after Jack :D:D

Jack Redden #30 Brisbane Lions Age: 18yr 8mth Games: 9 Born: December 9, 1990

Jarrad Redden #34 Port Adelaide Power Age: 18yr 8mth Games: 0 Born: December 27, 1990

I think your rite...Don't know where they're from but going by birth dates not brohters....unless they are twins & Jarrad popped out 18 days after Jack :D:D

Jack Redden #30 Brisbane Lions Age: 18yr 8mth Games: 9 Born: December 9, 1990

Jarrad Redden #34 Port Adelaide Power Age: 18yr 8mth Games: 0 Born: December 27, 1990

Correct

not related to each other.

Jack Redden is the brother of Tom Redden who was on the Crows rookie list a couple of years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back