News Brynn Teakle returns to East Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

So a 10-12 week foot injury? Tough to be retained after that and with the form he has shown. Wonder how much fitness/size/strength and skill he can work on?
Maybe doing a lot of rucking that he didn't do before, jumping and landing on the hard centre circle area. Could have caused the foot injury?

Unless someone makes an offer we can't refuse, at only 23 and 204 cm I suspect Bin Tinkle will hold his spot on the Power list for at least a couple of more seasons, and depending on any future ruck stocks it won't surprise me greatly if the club reverts to plan B and develops him as a tall defender at the Maggies.

Unless someone makes an offer we can't refuse, at only 23 and 204 cm I suspect Bin Tinkle will hold his spot on the Power list for at least a couple of more seasons, and depending on any future ruck stocks it won't surprise me greatly if the club reverts to plan B and develops him as a tall defender at the Maggies.
It would be good to have another Brogan style ruckman who drops back in defense if he can do that. So many rucks rest up forward these days.

He has got a long way to go ruck wise though. He needs to develop himself and assert himself physically in ruck contests.

Unless theyve drawn a line through him, i cant see why we wouldnt keep him at least on a one year deal. This should be Lycetts last year. We then have Hayes who looks gone too. We cant afford to delist him really, even if he doesnt improve next year

Unless theyve drawn a line through him, i cant see why we wouldnt keep him at least on a one year deal. This should be Lycetts last year. We then have Hayes who looks gone too. We cant afford to delist him really, even if he doesnt improve next year

I agree and that is probably the only reason why we would hang on to him.

They're actively trolling us naming him in the squad.

Let's look at his work this year.
Rd 9 - 12 disposals, 17 hitouts, 0 marks
Todd Goldstein - 24 disposals, 56 hitouts, 5 marks

Rd 8 - 7 disposals, 14 hitouts, 3 marks
Sam Draper - 16 disposals, 26 hitouts, 2 marks
Andrew Phillips - 9 disposals, 21 hitouts, 4 marks

Rd 7 - 9 handballs, 0 marks, 0 kicks, 18 hitouts
Rowan Marshall - 26 disposals, 28 hitouts, 6 marks

Rd 6 - 14 disposals, 2 marks, 34 hitouts
Bailey Williams - 21 disposals, 2 marks, 37 hitouts

so in 4 games he's got 42 touches, taken 5 marks and 83 hitouts
versus his opponents
96 disposals, 19 marks, 168 hitouts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On more than one occasion Josh Carr has said he's happy with what Teakle brings to the table.

We have one Ruck under contract for next year Teakle is still the most likely of the 3 that aren't contacted to be here next season.

They're actively trolling us naming him in the squad.

Let's look at his work this year.
Rd 9 - 12 disposals, 17 hitouts, 0 marks
Todd Goldstein - 24 disposals, 56 hitouts, 5 marks

Rd 8 - 7 disposals, 14 hitouts, 3 marks
Sam Draper - 16 disposals, 26 hitouts, 2 marks
Andrew Phillips - 9 disposals, 21 hitouts, 4 marks

Rd 7 - 9 handballs, 0 marks, 0 kicks, 18 hitouts
Rowan Marshall - 26 disposals, 28 hitouts, 6 marks

Rd 6 - 14 disposals, 2 marks, 34 hitouts
Bailey Williams - 21 disposals, 2 marks, 37 hitouts

so in 4 games he's got 42 touches, taken 5 marks and 83 hitouts
versus his opponents
96 disposals, 19 marks, 168 hitouts

Round 9 Port win by 70 points and we were roving to Goldstein who had 11 turnovers that game. Let's just give Goldstein the ball

Round 8 Shared the load with Dixon. Draper is actually pretty good and nobody is claiming Teakle is a player you would give up 700k a year for. Phillips also played the best season of his career.

Round 7 Yeah Marshall dined out.

Round 6 Did as well against Williams as Sam did not a bad game.

Nobody is saying Teakle is Dean Farnam but can do a job and there's maybe an up side.

One of many Hinkley's weird behaviours which is not talked about often enough is trying to take a bloke with little to no football talent and trying their best to turn them into a role or role player.

It's a nice narrative but after that, another chink in his coaching armour.

Round 9 Port win by 70 points and we were roving to Goldstein who had 11 turnovers that game. Let's just give Goldstein the ball

Round 8 Shared the load with Dixon. Draper is actually pretty good and nobody is claiming Teakle is a player you would give up 700k a year for. Phillips also played the best season of his career.

Nobody is saying Teakle is Dean Farnam but can do a job and there's maybe an up side.

Uh when Sam Hayes played bailey Williams he had 11 touches and 47 hitouts.
Williams has 17 hitouts and 9 touches.

Sam gave him a flogging.

Oh yeah and when Sam played Goldstein he had 33 and 8 compared to Goldstein 27 and 14.

The only time teakle looked competent at AFL level was his first game, where he did look very good for 20 mins before getting injured and taken off. He played out of his skin and fooled our coaches into thinking he was actually good.

Uh when Sam Hayes played bailey Williams he had 11 touches and 47 hitouts.
Williams has 17 hitouts and 9 touches.

Sam gave him a flogging.

Oh yeah and when Sam played Goldstein he had 33 and 8 compared to Goldstein 27 and 14.

The only time teakle looked competent at AFL level was his first game, where he did look very good for 20 mins before getting injured and taken off. He played out of his skin and fooled our coaches into thinking he was actually good.
Also played as a third forward, copping the third defender etc…

:drunk:

Ahahahaha

Ahahahahahahaha

What the * is wrong with you my dude. This is up there with the dumbest statements ever made on this board.

My rucks for next year:
lycett 1 year big drop in salary, could get a better deal elsewhere maybe
hayes 1 or 2 years, his last 2 games has displayed his strengths and deficiencies.
Vicentini already contracted.
Teakle they obviously see something in him and they have that inside view i cant see as yet.
Maybe rookie draft a gangling giraffe ruck.
If lycett goes then it is rock the cradle and see what falls out.

My rucks for next year:
lycett 1 year big drop in salary, could get a better deal elsewhere maybe
hayes 1 or 2 years, his last 2 games has displayed his strengths and deficiencies.
Vicentini already contracted.
Teakle they obviously see something in him and they have that inside view i cant see as yet.
Maybe rookie draft a gangling giraffe ruck.
If lycett goes then it is rock the cradle and see what falls out.

Our Rucks will be

1. Grundy
2. Dante
3. Teakle
4. Draft

I wouldn't go Grundy but it's as Port an off season move as there is.

I'd go Grundy, Hayes, Visentini. And if Grundy doesn't turn out then target a ruckman in the draft and maybe keep Lycett.

We don't need four ruckman on the list, particularly if one of them is an 18 year old and won't be able to play AFL anyways.

Teakle has to be done at this point. Has absolutely showed the least of all the options this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back