Hume Football League Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez Holbrook have had a tough off season, yes they've signed some OK players but losing Holmes x 2, McCarthy, Ross, Knights & also have young Mackinlay playing bushrangers. Ross & McCarthy were their best runners last year and Mackinaly kicked 53 goals last year. Tough to replace 6 key players brings Holbrook back towards Saints & Giants.

AlGeez Holbrook have had a tough off season, yes they've signed some OK players but losing Holmes x 2, McCarthy, Ross, Knights & also have young Mackinlay playing bushrangers. Ross & McCarthy were their best runners last year and Mackinaly kicked 53 goals last year. Tough to replace 6 key players brings Holbrook back towards Saints & Giants.
Alerted you to their losses a while ago BD. All 1 pointers as well. Reckon MacKinlay will feature in the second half of the year if there is no draft interest. Tends to be what happens with top age kids. Good player, but not the drafting prototype

Think we are in for a cracking year, Osborne have lost a few quality talls which was a nightmare to match up on brings them right back, Holbrook losses as stated above RWW from reports will be similar and Saints have added some youth. Who do we think will be top 6? Teams above are my top 4. Henty, CDHBU, Jindera, Crows & Howlong to fight out the last two spots. 9 teams all with chances of finals. Culcairn just behind them Lockhart for the spoon with Magpies to get their first win since 2018!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their Facebook page seems very active, surely if it was that bad a cry for help would've happened a month or two ago when everyone else started to reach out?

Bit of a common thread with Lockhart this year forfeiting away matches in the twos. 3rd time for the year already and we are only in round 7. League needs to step in and do something. Howlong, Rand & Saints have all missed out on gate takings with the lack of twos football. two teams is 44 players plus family that watch them, for this lets say 70 odd people less through the gate is $840 lost from the gate. Do the demons expect clubs to pay at the gate when they drive all the way up there?

Bit of a common thread with Lockhart this year forfeiting away matches in the twos. 3rd time for the year already and we are only in round 7. League needs to step in and do something. Howlong, Rand & Saints have all missed out on gate takings with the lack of twos football. two teams is 44 players plus family that watch them, for this lets say 70 odd people less through the gate is $840 lost from the gate. Do the demons expect clubs to pay at the gate when they drive all the way up there?
Can’t pull players out of a hat and you can’t make them play. I am sure the club is doing everything it can but there just aren’t enough players going around now.

I'm sure by now everyone has seen the footage of the Culcairn goal umpire calling a clear point a goal. Will the league do anything about it? I doubt it after they allowed magpies to win with unregistered players haha

Rumour has Sam Carpenter to Coach CDHBU next Season.
Good get by the Power if true
Your on the money, CDHBU have been into him for a while , Creswell leaving Rovers has opened the door For CDHBU to sign Sam Up. My mail is deal is done and will be announced once finals are over.

Magpies losing what decent players they have. Josh Jones back to Holbrook. Wilson boys from Corowa have a huge offer on the table to Osborne. Aalbers to Rand, Garland a chance. McNeil to Beechworth are some rumours floating about.

Magpies losing what decent players they have. Josh Jones back to Holbrook. Wilson boys from Corowa have a huge offer on the table to Osborne. Aalbers to Rand, Garland a chance. McNeil to Beechworth are some rumours floating about.
Who is McNeil?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back