Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t for the life of me understand why people litter, there is literally bins available everywhere. How hard is it to put your bloody rubbish in the bin!!!

Witnessed a Truckie turf a full maccas bag out the on the highway on the way home from work today. Dobbed his ass in so I hope whacked with a decent fine.

Better than wm3?

Not going to say it was better but it was up there.

The Rock, Undertaker, Cena making appearances and even though I'm a not big fan of the Rhodes character the ending was sensational.

Also Mrs.Spider was left shaking her head as 2 junior Spiders and I were roaring when Cena and Undertaker showed up.

Maybe I should take this to the guilty pleasure thread. 😁

Last edited:
Not going to say it was better but it was up there.

The Rock, Undertaker, Cena making appearances and even though I'm a not big fan of the Rhodes character the ending was sensational.

Also Mrs.Spider was left shaking her head as 2 junior Spiders and I were roaring when Cena and Undertaker showed up.

Maybe I should take this to the guilty pleasure thread. 😁
I had a half-chub with those cameos!

Can't stand "the bloodline".

When you make a cuppa that hits the spot, then suddenly your cup is empty .... and the next one, although made quite very nearly the same, is somehow just not as good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure where else to post this, I'm under 30 but this feels like a grumpy old man gripe. I ******* hate it when people say "flick" when they're talking about a photo, there's someone on the North social media team who does this constantly and it shits me. What it has always been is that a "snap" is a photograph because of the snapping sound a shutter makes when you take a photo, and "flick" is a word for a movie, because of the flickering sound old film projectors make. How did these two things get conflated and why has it proliferated to such a degree?

Not sure where else to post this, I'm under 30 but this feels like a grumpy old man gripe. I ******* hate it when people say "flick" when they're talking about a photo, there's someone on the North social media team who does this constantly and it shits me. What it has always been is that a "snap" is a photograph because of the snapping sound a shutter makes when you take a photo, and "flick" is a word for a movie, because of the flickering sound old film projectors make. How did these two things get conflated and why has it proliferated to such a degree?
Just imagine how your great grandfather felt when us youngin's said we were off to the pictures when we were actually going to see a movie :-D Welcome aboard. FWIW, the best flick is the Farrah Flick ;-)

As all of us Grumpy Olds know a “flick” is only an alternate name for a movie. Whoever’s repurposed it as an alternate name for a pic or photo is off their head.

When you've got loads to do, and decide a list is the best way to go. Happily grabbed an unopened bank statement from the kitchen bench, flipped it over and wtf!!! Poxy bank propaganda all over the back of it!! Why?? Now I need to source something else. Poxy Banks.

1713412483282.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back