Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

yes between trying to dodge the constant barrage of pop ups,
Tell me about it.

On the PC it's OK as I run " u b l o c k o r i g i n " as a chrome extension. The phone running " b l o c k a d a " used to work but that's a shambles now as I think the ads are causing havoc with the blocker and I get frequent stalling, plus the ads are visible.

Tell me about it.

On the PC it's OK as I run " u b l o c k o r i g i n " as a chrome extension. The phone running " b l o c k a d a " used to work but that's a shambles now as I think the ads are causing havoc with the blocker and I get frequent stalling, plus the ads are visible.
yeah its a $hitshow, between the bottom popups , the split screen adds and the lower 10 percent being taken up by the static ad is garbage, and the worse thing is the split add and bottom pop ups randomly pop up when typing taking focus then crashing the tab. i reckon we take our $hit taliking to a platform that at minimal actually functions. the game day thread was a nightmare trying to sync commentry with the game,

none of the tractor forums i use are as obstructive as this on a mobile device.

yeah its a $hitshow, between the bottom popups , the split screen adds and the lower 10 percent being taken up by the static ad is garbage, and the worse thing is the split add and bottom pop ups randomly pop up when typing taking focus then crashing the tab. i reckon we take our $hit taliking to a platform that at minimal actually functions. the game day thread was a nightmare trying to sync commentry with the game,

none of the tractor forums i use are as obstructive as this on a mobile device.
The site seems to be working a little better this morning although that may change. I switched over to an iPad last night as it was almost unusable on my phone but the result was about as much of a shambles as the third quarter on Friday.

The blocker on my PC works but of course, I like the flexibility of the phone.

I agree with you that the random popups, split screen ads and most importantly, the loss of focus when replying in a thread is an abomination.

Gasometer also mentioned the lack of contrast with light grey text on a darker grey background and how much that annoys him. I'm sure Chief will resolve that as it may breech the rules about site accessibility. My vision is compromised due to some injuries so I am also aware of things that make sites more difficult to assess and interact with.

Last edited:

The site seems to be working a little better this morning although that may change. I switched over to an iPad last night as it was almost unusable on my phone but the result was about as much of a shambles as the third quarter on Friday.

The blocker on my PC works but of course, I like the flexibility of the phone.

I agree with you that the random popups, split screen ads and most importantly, the loss of focus when replying in a thread is an abomination.

Gasometer also mentioned the lack of contrast with light grey text on a darker grey background and how much that annoys him. I'm sure Chief will resolve that as it may breech the rules about site accessibility. My vision is compromised due to some injuries so I am also aware of things that make sites more difficult to assess and interact with.
yeah iam on the PC atm, like yourself i like the flexability of the mobile interface but its near unusable atm so cant comment how its working this morning, not in a hurry to put myself back through that experiance to be honest.

Last edited:
Tried it years ago. I can't recall why I passed in on it. Might have to go back.

As of this morning the site had been ok on my phone, albeit the low contrast issue mentioned above.
Tapatalk isn’t ideal but it’s handy to read the forums without ads

Ok so i plucked up the courage to log back in as a mobile user, the middle screen popups appear to be suspended for now. The dynamic lower banner is still there but appears to not to be causing so much carnage.

Was able to post previous post without crashing the tab or having the focus stolen half a dozen times which prompts the question does anyone test the changes??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was able to post previous post without crashing the tab or having the focus stolen half a dozen times which prompts the question does anyone test the changes??
Yes. Testing was done by Gasometer , Devington , koshari , myself and a couple of others. Chief will be shouting coffee for all at Chadstone food court Dunkin' Donut store at 10AM Monday morning.

blimey, timings always a biatch...

last thursday arvo the 100hp tractor gets a puncture, yup thursday arvo before easter where if i went down to the tire place i would have been lined up behind 50 randoms getting caravan and camping trailers sorted before easter.... so i decide to leave it till after easter, then rostered on for 4 days , no surprise the 2nd tractor gets a flat! murphys law is so reliable.

blimey, timings always a biatch...

last thursday arvo the 100hp tractor gets a puncture, yup thursday arvo before easter where if i went down to the tire place i would have been lined up behind 50 randoms getting caravan and camping trailers sorted before easter.... so i decide to leave it till after easter, then rostered on for 4 days , no surprise the 2nd tractor gets a flat! murphys law is so reliable.
No one around (another farmer) with the right size tyre?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back