Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Had to buy a light globe today. Not a normal light globe, some fancy spiral shaped, low thingo, non-bright thing .... forgot my specs so was grumbling around in the myriad of globes in my local Hammerbarn. Gave up, asked a lady there and she gives me "ooohhh they don't make them anymore ..but we have something similar" Sigh. Turns out, this new one is super bright, hoo f@cking ray I can finally see.

Had to buy a light globe today. Not a normal light globe, some fancy spiral shaped, low thingo, non-bright thing .... forgot my specs so was grumbling around in the myriad of globes in my local Hammerbarn. Gave up, asked a lady there and she gives me "ooohhh they don't make them anymore ..but we have something similar" Sigh. Turns out, this new one is super bright, hoo f@cking ray I can finally see.
ebay have virtually every globe you want,

VBA home builder applications are 12 weeks behind,

Get a notification saying the title is more than 7 days old and i have to upload a new one, they cost 8 bucks every time you download one, yet they wont recignise the title was in date when i submitted the application, just a cash grab through no fault of mine and completely due to their applications being well behind. ring up to complain and they basically say well thats just how it it!

ebay have virtually every globe you want,
Yeah but the eBay ad is misleading, I won't have it in the next few seconds ...

I turn 40 next month.

Any onboarding/induction stuff I need to know about before becoming a regular in this thread?

I don't own a farm. I hope that's okay.

I turn 40 next month.

Any onboarding/induction stuff I need to know about before becoming a regular in this thread?

I don't own a farm. I hope that's okay.
Get used to taking reading glasses wherever you go. Either that or saying i will have the same at restaurants.

The posative is less hangovers because they get so unbearable you simply stop drinking in a manner that causes them.

Get used to taking reading glasses wherever you go. Either that or saying i will have the same at restaurants.

The posative is less hangovers because they get so unbearable you simply stop drinking in a manner that causes them.
My eyes are actually still decent - and the opposite of needing reading glasses. I have a weak prescription for near-sightedness but I'm totally fine to drive without glasses, for example.

Hell yeah fewer hangovers.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My eyes are actually still decent - and the opposite of needing reading glasses. I have a weak prescription for near-sightedness but I'm totally fine to drive without glasses, for example.

Hell yeah fewer hangovers. Weed is better anyway.
well my eyes were great till 48 then fell off a cliff, no weed for me for 2 reasons, working in a drug test environment and being a non smoker even pulling a pipe is painfull,

well my eyes were great till 48 then fell off a cliff, no weed for me for 2 reasons, working in a drug test environment and being a non smoker even pulling a pipe is painfull,

Edibles are your friend for when you're no longer tested.

Omg the glasses is bang on

Edibles are your friend for when you're no longer tested.
been there , very hard to regulate due to the long time between consumption and the whack, this cake is weak, wait another half hour, still hasnt kicked, better take another slice.... nekminnit....

and then your in for the ride, there's no off ramp!

been there , very hard to regulate due to the long time between consumption and the whack, this cake is weak, wait another half hour, still hasnt kicked, better take another slice.... nekminnit....

and then your in for the ride, there's no off ramp!

Never take another slice. :D

What type of globe do you need Ricko?

I suspect you are describing a compact fluro but they could be a bit hard to get these days in regular shops. There should be a LED equivalent though.

Can you post a photo of the original that you need to replace?

Not so grumpy, although I did have to stump up some cash. New tyres fitted today. The old ones were 235/35 pirelli and they were pretty uncomfortable going over the slightest of bumps. I got potenzas in 245/35 (didn't want to mess up the speedo too much). These felt a little bit better when I went over a speed bump and they are certainly quieter even though they are a bit fatter.

Hell yeah fewer hangovers.
When I was 40 my eyes were great.

LOL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back