Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

How much that set you back ?
Havnt got the bill for fitting yet but got the tyres new unused from a farm down in caldemeade for 1400bucks the pair a little while back from a bloke that sold the tractor they were to go on. Saw them come up and noticed they were same size then bartered a little. Had 2k on them. They are about 1500ea .

Ok so i plucked up the courage to log back in as a mobile user, the middle screen popups appear to be suspended for now. The dynamic lower banner is still there but appears to not to be causing so much carnage.
How has it been this week?

Wack-o!!!

NBN guy rocked up. He's installed the fibre box and connected it to the fibre that I had run through conduit etc. to get it where I wanted it.

I could hear him swearing and complaining... He tells me that the Phone App they use to activate the service is down. NBN told him over an hour ago that activation might be delayed by 20 minutes. His WhatsApp GRP says it hasn't been working since this morning for any techs either on Android or iPhone. And he can't get his next job because he can't close this one out so it looks like he might only get one job for today.

I'm a little bit grumpy.

At least the FTTC is still online.

Fibre working now. That's a relief.

Now that's out of my hair I have to think about other things to get grumpy about. And that's beginning to annoy me as I can't bloody think of anything right now to get angry about.
That's so *en annoying. Nothing worse hey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah replay is on later.

*head neighbour revving his s**t engine, campaigner keeps going, his car will disappear overnight.
My neighbour is a prestige car dealer and his sons are constantly revving the s**t out of porsches, masaratis and so-on nearly every bloody day. The previous guy was an ex-F1 motorcycle mechanic who was building bikes from the ground up in his workshop. He did amazing work but we were glad when he moved out, only to have another petrol head move in to the house.

So, if your "solution" works, maybe we need to talk.

It's in the mail. Hopefully Australia Post reads the "this way up" message as the lid was a bit loose.
Probably not as loose as the postie delivering it 🤔🤷‍♂️📪

Probably not as loose as the postie delivering it 🤔🤷‍♂️📪
Due to the possibility of a statute of limitations issue still existing, no names... But to annoy the crap out of people from work, one bloke I knew back in the day used to clip coupons from Australia Post and send them in with other people's addresses. They'd get religious stuff trying to convert them to this or that, stamp starter kits, art lesson kits, self help guides and so on by the truck-load every week for months. I copped a few myself. But the pinnacle of his tricks was when he found a road kill rabbit and posted it to the boss at work. The bosses PA got the mail, which was a blood-stained envelope that almost sent her into a fritz. For pay-back, somebody put a couple of fish from the market into an envelope and posted it on Easter Thursday, thus ensuring it wouldn't be delivered until at best, the following Tuesday. His mum put it in his bedroom (he lived at home) as he was still away so he didn't get it until the Saturday. It was an unusually hot Easter week that year. Another person (might have been me) sent an application for him to be part of an international conference of a certain door knocking religious group. They duly knocked on the door while he was away and subsequently tried to brainwash his mum into whatever it is they do. Unfortunately, my mailbox was inundated with every kind of junk mail that was possible for months after that.

Kept the postie busy I suppose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back