Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Locky come back with the matching offer $$ maybe
Perhaps but surely
Nathan Drummond signed at Mooroopna.
That is an awesome get. The comp is shaping up to be much stronger next year. Speaking to a Benalla player today and they expect to bounce right up the ladder. Also fantastic to see John Byrnes join the GVFL board.

Last edited:
Perhaps but surely

That is an awesome get. The comp is shaping up to be much stronger next year. speaking to a Benalla player today and they expect to bounce right up the ladder. Also fantastic to see John Byrnes join the GVFL board.
Great to see Nathan coming home where his footy started Didn’t have a lot of luck with his.2 knee recos at tiger land but been good at Footscray vfl
Your right with Byrnsey will be a great addition to the board along with Foote and Cardemone strong sponsorship I would imagine from those two highly successful business men

Perhaps but surely

That is an awesome get. The comp is shaping up to be much stronger next year. Speaking to a Benalla player today and they expect to bounce right up the ladder. Also fantastic to see John Byrnes join the GVFL board.
(Copied from my post on another forum)

The league has certainly improved...

Will Hayes Carlton
Joe Atley Port Adelaide
Sam Wright North Melb
Nathan Hrovat North Melb
Jamie McMillan North Melb
Michael Hartley Haw/Essendon
Jarrad Waite Carlton/North
Will Golds Hawthorn
Ryan Pendlebury Werribee/Port VFL
Nick Mellington Willy VFL
Jayden Magro NTFL leading goal kicker
Nathan Drummond Richmond/Footscray

Some good names added into the GV mix.

The second player to “change” his mind playing at Rochy 🥲

And the other one works for the God Fathers of the Footy Club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure why you wouldn't want to play the highest level you can? No doubt Locky has a great environment but it would've been good for both the player and Rochy in this instance if he signed on!

Not sure why you wouldn't want to play the highest level you can? No doubt Locky has a great environment but it would've been good for both the player and Rochy in this instance if he signed on!
Playing at the top level isn't the be all and end all of footy. Some blokes are happy to play their whole career at their home club with their mates... and there's nothing wrong with that.

Playing at the top level isn't the be all and end all of footy. Some blokes are happy to play their whole career at their home club with their mates... and there's nothing wrong with that.

Lucky Tyler’s not playing at his home club. We don’t need Echuca even being stronger

Lucky Tyler’s not playing at his home club. We don’t need Echuca even being stronger

Thought he was a locky boy.... how many years has he been there now???
Even if it's not he's home club he's obviously out there playing with mates and at this stage isn't interested at playing at a 'higher level'.... and, as I said before, theres nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
Thought he was a locky boy.... how many years has he been there now???
Even if it's not he's home club he's obviously out there playing with mates and at this stage isn't interested at playing at a 'higher level'.... and, as I said before, theres nothing wrong with that.
I'd think it would be his "home" club, but winning 2 league bnfs, I'd have thought Locky would encourage him to play at a higher level, mundie has come into Rochy, the Collins and bacon played at Eaglehawk, would have been great to see have a crack at Rochy or Bendigo club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd think it would be his "home" club, but winning 2 league bnfs, I'd have thought Locky would encourage him to play at a higher level, mundie has come into Rochy, the Collins and bacon played at Eaglehawk, would have been great to see have a crack at Rochy or Bendigo club
Mustn't be something that's high on his footy agenda at the moment

Obviously a big fish in a small pond type of bloke!

Very harsh..bloke is a good fella and is obviously very happy where he is playing good footy in a good side. There is no obligation on him to move just coz we on here think so
Wasn’t an attack on him as a bloke (sorry if it came across that way)
But I’m sure he’s had lot of offers to “have a crack” like Trent said, but he’s continuing to knock them back to play at a much lower lever.

Hence why I think he likes being the big fish in the small pond, there’s plenty of those blokes around.

But I’m sure he’s had lot of offers to “have a crack” like Trent said, but he’s continuing to knock them back to play at a much lower lever.

Hence why I think he likes being the big fish in the small pond, there’s plenty of those blokes around.
What is it with the infatuation that a player needs to play at a higher level... if he's happy at Locky good on him, if he wins another BnF good on him... its not everyone's goal to play 'major league' footy, and at the moment it's not his either 🤷‍♂️

It would actually be an interesting article for the Riv Herald to run why he did the flip back? Did he get cold feet on playing against Echuca or playing at the higher level? or did the opportunity to help create a dynasty out Locky tug at him to keep him there. I've only seen him a couple of times and I thought he was more handy than outstanding so I would have been interested to have seen how he would have gone in the GV.

It would actually be an interesting article for the Riv Herald to run why he did the flip back? Did he get cold feet on playing against Echuca or playing at the higher level? or did the opportunity to help create a dynasty out Locky tug at him to keep him there. I've only seen him a couple of times and I thought he was more handy than outstanding so I would have been interested to have seen how he would have gone in the GV.
The Heathcote leagues a pretty good standard, it's almost a hybrid league between major and minor league, I think as a footy observer you'd like to see how he'd go in the gv or Bendigo league, like weeksy and Anderson did in the past, but good on him being loyal to Locky, I'd doubt money would have too much to do with it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back