Goulburn Valley FL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues1977

All Australian
Mar 15, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
I think it came down to costs in salary caps, Gibbons is 15-25 on any list i would think, he'll be a star at Yarra

He will be a superstar at local level. Could dare say one of the best midfield groups in all of local football at Yarra if they all get on the park. Gibbons, Wheeler X2, Whiley & Masters.

Anyway back to the GV!!!! Is Shepp United still breathing? Any updates at all?

He will be a superstar at local level. Could dare say one of the best midfield groups in all of local football at Yarra if they all get on the park. Gibbons, Wheeler X2, Whiley & Masters.

Pretty quiet except for the blossoming bromance between Roar and Aucklander ;)

Wouldn’t surprise me if up to 10 clubs are gone from the GM region within the next 10 years.

Fixture out. The Echuca boys will know where they stand after the first few rounds; Rochy, Euroa, Kyabram, Seymour and Mansfield!

Fixture out. The Echuca boys will know where they stand after the first few rounds; Rochy, Euroa, Kyabram, Seymour and Mansfield!

Multiple Sunday games ✅

GF Sunday after AFL GF ✅

Split rounds 🤮

Spilt rounds two rounds apart 🤮

2nd split round within 2 weeks of finals 🤮

Playing sides twice before playing others once 🤮

Last edited:
Pretty quiet except for the blossoming bromance between Roar and Aucklander ;)

That could all come crashing down a bit later in the night. :)

Wouldn’t surprise me if up to 10 clubs are gone from the GM region within the next 10 years.
I think 50% of footy clubs in country Vic could be in 10 years roar.

Not sure sunday footy helps either, you have a number of guys travelling, having to back up for work the next day isn't great, neither is it great for after game functions, whats the thoughts behind the league doing this?

Not sure sunday footy helps either, you have a number of guys travelling, having to back up for work the next day isn't great, neither is it great for after game functions, whats the thoughts behind the league doing this?
I thought it was an initiative to help cover games with Umpires. I don't mind it if it's only 2 games a year on a Sunday & financially it would be better for Clubs as well. Unless it's one of the big functions some Clubs doors are closed pretty early or there aren't many there past 7 or so anyway. Another part of Country that isn't as strong either these days are the functions.

I would imagine the thinking is to increase crowds by way of gaining spectators from
surrounding leagues .
IMO it is a clever move for which the league should be congratulated .

That could all come crashing down a bit later in the night. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to the over 200 people who watch this thread?

Multiple Sunday games ✅

GF Sunday after AFL GF ✅

Split rounds 🤮

Spilt rounds two rounds apart 🤮

2nd split round within 2 weeks of finals 🤮

Playing sides twice before playing others once 🤮

Who has been dealt the toughest draw out of the main contenders Ech, Ky, Sey & Euroa?

Who has been dealt the toughest draw out of the main contenders Ech, Ky, Sey & Euroa?
No club plays more than 3 games consecutively in the last 2 months of the h&a season . Which could go either way for the sides that finish top two .
If my analysis is correct it’s reasonable for sides to get to the GF (sept 25th ) having only played 6 games since July 9 .
bye, play 2 , bye , play 3 , bye , play 1 , bye , GF.
Under the draw announced ‘ conditioning ‘ will win the flag .

Who was the better player Ringo, height, archard, McGlone or whyman?
Height just! Archard won a Magarey and Morrison. Height a Morrison, Morrish, Bendigo league medal and had a huge career at VFL level, captaining Box Hill. It was a close call about who to rookie; Height or Mitchell at the time. A match winner who could bust a game open in the mid or as an isolated forward. I still say we would've of won a flag if he didn't destroy his knee in the first 10 minutes of a final in 2011. He was tough and uncompromising on the field. Rhys was a fantastic player too but just feel Heighty could win a game off his own boot. McGlone was a jet as well. I didnt see enough of Whyman!

Would you envision that these ten clubs will be from a minor league level?

Will we see more major league clubs move to “weaker” leagues?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back