Review Good, Bad, Keeping shape, keeping shat - Crows V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Keane at the end of the game, one on one chase Essendon forward on his ass - picks the ball up one hand turns and nails a 40 metre pass.

This bloke has been such an insanely good find, not sure how we scouted him. Did he write to the club? Him, Worrel and Murray is genuinely an A grade defense.

Mark Keane at the end of the game, one on one chase Essendon forward on his ass - picks the ball up one hand turns and nails a 40 metre pass.

This bloke has been such an insanely good find, not sure how we scouted him. Did he write to the club? Him, Worrel and Murray is genuinely an A grade defense.
Apart from a quick i50 to a tall one v one, something few defences can stop, I have full confidence in our backline.

Chiefly because of those three.

Worrell was brilliant last night as well.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I turned to my mates and said “I’m done” and, without saying another word, Walked out of the stadium and didn’t give a s**t whether we won or not.

It was the first time I’ve done this.
Sad thing, that, but I don't blame you. Like our players, you've been Nicksed and Crowbarred.

The one thing that is standing out is our back 6 is doing well under immense pressure - last night was the first time we let the opposition have 60+ inside 50's. And of all sides, Essendon.

And also, how do we allow the ball to come out of our Forward 50 so easily, doesn't seem to be any pressure.

Apart from a quick i50 to a tall one v one, something few defences can stop, I have full confidence in our backline.

Chiefly because of those three.

Worrell was brilliant last night as well.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was going to mention the backline in my good and bad but 28 shots on goal meant I left them out

But I do think we have something good brewing

Someone mentioned Max and Josh playing 200+ games together and I can see that

We lost to a team that plays Jake Kelly

We were lucky to be close in the end purely off the back of Essendon's inefficiency and inability to capitalize on their dominance.

If we look objectively at the list of players who took the park, is should be no surprise to see us 1-5 (should be 0-6).

These players currently have no business being anywhere near a premiership quality side:

• Cook
  • Borlase
  • Gollant
  • Hamill
  • Jones
  • Laird
  • McHenry
  • O'Brien
  • Sholl
  • Smith

When you look at that list who are currently first 22 for us it should be no surprise we are bottom four quality.

One thing which is really pissing me off is how fumbly we've been whenever the pressure is ratcheted up. We're supposed to believe "strong in the contest" is the central theme of Nicks's "brand" but our guys seem to go to absolute s**t when the opposition brings some tackling pressure.
We obviously don't train skills under pressure. Otherwise players like McHenry and Sholl would be exposed at training, and Nicks only picks based on training form in the off season

Last week was an outlier for Nicks.
We were outplayed last week and Carlton blew it, shouldn't have won.

We were outplayed last night, and the umpire didn't blow it, shouldn't have won.

Should be 0-6, got the traffic cones next week, can't possibly lose that.

So many players that are not AFL standard but we keep selecting them. Selecting a bloke to run around and even then his pressure act numbers are pathetic.

Sholl as sub is like having a Hilux as your back up car at Bathurst.

We need more AFL standard players.

23 game season, you'll need 13 wins minimum and good %. We have 17 more games to find 12 wins and boost %

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not even mad about the umpiring. We sucked and didn't deserve to win.

I think I feel that way too. It's just impossible to feel bad for a team which fails to execute basic skills more often than it succeeds with them.

Wasn't htb 'every' day of the week. Draper had gone to ground and ball ricocheted back to him. It happens a fair bit and have seen plenty others go for a ball up.
Your sentence in bold: clearly not what happened.
4 seconds to play:
Ball on ground, Draper (#2) on his knees about to collapse onto it:
1713595297075.png

which he does. Nobody pushes him down. He falls forward intentionally to smother the ball.
You can't see in the still frame, please watch at 0.5 speed, but he actually uses his left arm to bring the ball underneath him:
1713595499635.png

2 secs left:
Tex sees what's happening and tackles Draper (on reflection, I'm amazed those scuzzy Umpires didn't ping him for in-the-back).
Look closely :expressionless: and you can see part of the ball under Draper's chest rhs, underarm:
1713595695017.png

Draper basically collapses onto the ball, making no attempt to get it out; he just lies there on top of it.

No "ricochet", as you claimed, but you get points for imagination :rolleyes:.

Inauspicious first post, chum, and I've been pleasant compared to what you'll cop in here. :sneaky:

The AFL's solution to screwing us with incorrect decisions last year was to put us in prime time and screw us again. Got to love it.
Would love to see all the times in the last few years that the afl have admitted a crucial umpiring decision was wrong and cost us the game.

Immediately there is the high tackle on Dawson, the goal non goal against Sydney, and this. All in less than a season's worth of games.

Your sentence in bold: clearly not what happened.
4 seconds to play:
Ball on ground, Draper (#2) on his knees about to collapse onto it:
View attachment 1965027

which he does. Nobody pushes him down. He falls forward intentionally to smother the ball.
You can't see in the still frame, please watch at 0.5 speed, but he actually uses his left arm to bring the ball underneath him:
View attachment 1965031

2 secs left:
Tex sees what's happening and tackles Draper (on reflection, I'm amazed those scuzzy Umpires didn't ping him for in-the-back).
Look closely :expressionless: and you can see part of the ball under Draper's chest rhs, underarm:
View attachment 1965035

Draper basically collapses onto the ball, making no attempt to get it out; he just lies there on top of it.

No "ricochet", as you claimed, but you get points for imagination :rolleyes:.

Inauspicious first post, chum, and I've been pleasant compared to what you'll cop in here. :sneaky:
I love that you spent 3 hours meticulously cutting and pasting to try to prove a point that I don't care about. Might be my first post but I've clearly been around longer than you so feel free to be less 'pleasant' if giving me a dressing down gets you hard. My response took me 45 seconds, catch you in a few hours, young fella.

Interesting reading local paper etc to little made of or no mention of not 1 but 2 absolutely squib attempts to mark that were well in goal kicking territory . First one actually was a 2 goal error as they rushed it down to get a goal and get momentum back.
Even on here some posters trying to defend his actions or lack of.
Unless something changes quickly in his ego driven ,look at me playing then Rachelle will be another Hamish stuff up .
Surely he can see how his mate is killing it by actually just attacking the ball .
Ok we are very short of real talent in our club , but please don't gloss over how bad those efforts were and really stop pumping this player as star or future star until he actually does play a whole decent game.

No paragraphs, no clue.

Rachele is the least of our problems, he presents and wants to make things happen

People so worried about him, should go back to sitting in their ute, parked at the boundary line of the country footy club, honking the horn and telling everyone at the bar how tough you used to be

I love that you spent 3 hours meticulously cutting and pasting to try to prove a point that I don't care about. Might be my first post but I've clearly been around longer than you so feel free to be less 'pleasant' if giving me a dressing down gets you hard. My response took me 45 seconds, catch you in a few hours, young fella.

Cringe

I love that you spent 3 hours meticulously cutting and pasting to try to prove a point that I don't care about.
You cared enough to make the fictitious ricochet the subject of your first post :sneaky: and your second was hilarious, thank you.
There, there.
Did I hurt your feelings?
Might be my first post but I've clearly been around longer than you
I watched Malcolm Blight playing for Woodville live vs my beloved West Adelaide, with my then fiancee.
If you're older than me CONGRATULATIONS on still being able to see your keyboard :expressionless: , or does your carer type for you?
so feel free to be less 'pleasant' if giving me a dressing down gets you hard.
Happily, since your bizarre reference to tumescence reveals you to the most banal of irrelevant-sexual-referencers, when logic and counter-argument are beyond you.
Seriously? "Gets [me] hard"??
Pathetic.
If you thought my post was a dressing down, you're in for a shock in here and not from me.
My response took me 45 seconds, catch you in a few hours, young fella.
Yeah/nah.
I've wasted 2 posts on your over-reactive, thin-skinned drivel.

You cared enough to make the fictitious ricochet the subject of your first post :sneaky: and your second was hilarious, thank you.
There, there.
Did I hurt your feelings?

I watched Malcolm Blight playing for Woodville live vs my beloved West Adelaide, with my then fiancee.
If you're older than me CONGRATULATIONS on still being able to see your keyboard :expressionless: , or does your carer type for you?

Happily, since your bizarre reference to tumescence reveals you to the most banal of irrelevant-sexual-referencers, when logic and counter-argument are beyond you.
Seriously? "Gets [me] hard"??
Pathetic.
If you thought my post was a dressing down, you're in for a shock in here and not from me.

Yeah/nah.
I've wasted 2 posts on your over-reactive, thin-skinned drive
Why are you telling me about your date night 50 years ago?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back