Review Good, Bad, Keeping shape, keeping shat - Crows V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Borlase is just “fine” for what he is.

If he’s the guy you call upon when you’re missing 2 1st choice key defenders you can live with that.

Can’t see him ever been more than that but he serves a purpose in a depth chart and he’s perfectly servicable for that (if he was the 1st back up, as he kind of is for now but only as Murray is LTI then he’d be a weakness)

Thought he did really well in a few contests tonight - another yard of pace and he would be more than handy.

14 possessions at 93% DE.

Goes under the radar even around here. He cops it a bit but nowhere near enough relative to how much of a weight around our necks he is.
When Rob plays well he marks the ball.
Doesn’t happen much at all these days

Also used to give good pressure on the ground after the ball up.
Don’t notice that all these days either

Grand Final was 2017 wasn't it? A lot of clubs go more than 2 decades without even making a Grand Final.
Success which we were totally unprepared for.

In the last 26 years how many of those years do you think this club had a genuine premiership window? 2005/2006.........and

I know it's cool and edgy to be the guy who says the umpires didn't cost us, we cost us but just to remind everyone it's possible to be angry at both how shit we are AND how shit the umpires are.

They didn't fail to pay that free because we are a shit side, they failed to pay it because they have no balls and are incompetent. Kinda like our coach but also a separate issue. If we had been a great side and played well and lost off the back of that decision we would be ropeable so it's okay to be ropable.

In fact we can be happy that we both lost but got that shitty decision not paid because it may advance the cause toward better umpiring if the AFL implements a review or professionalises the maggots.

We absolutely have deserved to lose every game we have played.

I don't think we are a 0-6 or 1-5 side but we definitely have a 0-6 pr 1-5 coach. We do have more than our fair share of dumb footballers though.

The Bad:

Supporters thinking if we bring in a new coach we suddenly turn from a garbage club to even an average club.

For two decades this club has been building towards the downward spiral we now find ourselves stuck in. There is no way of getting out of this with a few bandages. We need a complete overhaul from the board down.

Nobody thinks it is just the coach, everyone was ropeable the board was not held accountable, maybe not BACCS

Forgetting the obvious non-call at the end, we deserved to lose that game by 6+ goals. Some of our skills were absolutely putrid tonight.
One of those 'didn't deserve to win but should've won' games in the end.

Good: Soligo, Dawson, not winning = no vindication for Nicks' coaching/game plan/selection
Bad: skills, disposal, decision making.
Ugly: The usual suspect(s)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much to write..but I just want to highlight our work in the air. Other than Dawson we can't take a contested mark. Obrien is continually so poor in the air with so many opportunities.

Not sure why we continually kick long to the left wing with our kick outs. It's generally a turnover as we can't take the mark, I just don't get why we don't mix it up more

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
A change from always kicking to the right!
It looked like our plan was always to kick to wherever ROB was. Two big problems with this
  • ROB can’t catch anything this year
  • Bombers knew where the ball was going and intercepted or spoiled too easily

A change from always kicking to the right!
It looked like our plan was always to kick to wherever ROB was. Two big problems with this
  • ROB can’t catch anything this year
  • Bombers knew where the ball was going and intercepted or spoiled too easily
ROB couldn’t catch herpes in Thailand.

I was at a function tonight and couldn't see the game.

I want to know more about this fly incident in the coaches box.

Just the insane selfishness of Smith to put his hand up to play tonight, and the absolutely pissweak coaching panel that let him - forget about the gameplan being a disaster, that in itself speaks to massive cultural problems in the AFC, and the results reinforce that.
He looked hobbled from the start

At my age I’m blind to bad umpiring. It hasn’t changed in the past 50 years I’ve been watching, it won’t change in the next 50.

What can change is choosing to apply pressure and work rate from the first bounce, rather than only after half time.

Would McHenry get a game each week if Ross Lyon was coach?

Though I’d bet that Ross could get better performances out of some of our duds

Those two efforts to mark were as weak as I’ve seen in 20 years.

Completely squibbed both of them.

And I’ve been such a fan. I’m heartbroken more at the moment over those squib efforts than I am the loss.
I haven’t watched a replay or read much here but **** me at the ground it was just wtf are you doing?

Looked awful and bizarre.

Like he was playing concussed or trying to fix the game levels of unbelievably bad.

He started do well. We’ve Adelaided him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back