Review Good, Bad, Keeping shape, keeping shat - Crows V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

No one is suggesting playing youngsters or using them in the centre square because they'll be instantly flawless and never make a mistake

They'll make errors.

They'll also learn from them and improve. That's what a rebuild is. Over time and combined with good coaching they'll make fewer of them.

We seemingly get scared off by the prospect of these mistakes.
All good in theory, but supporters haven’t the patience to accept mistakes & judge the players accordingly

Also the mistakes made, which are usually defensive actions, and positioning … the ave supporter doesn’t see

We’ve had the rebuild … that’s finished

All good in theory, but supporters haven’t the patience to accept mistakes & judge the players accordingly

Also the mistakes made, which are usually defensive actions, and positioning … the ave supporter doesn’t see

What do you think of the mistake Sloane made by panicking and grabbing Daicos’s jumper?

What category do you put the mistakes Nicks has made this year? Young coach finding his way making rookie errors or experienced coach ******* up?

As opposed to the trash that those in our LG put out each week?

Murphy, ROB, Smith and Milera wouldn't even get a game in a top eight side lol.
Murphy and O'Brien would probably get played at the Dogs, but that's more due to Beveridge being a loose unit at selection.

So Wayne given that you’ve said our rebuild is finished and you expected Nicks to coach us to finals this year, how do you explain the 1-5 start?

So, the fans will get angry at players for errors they don't notice

That just isn't true. I don't know about certain brigades of the fanbase, but I'm fairly certain that most on here (myself very much included) would rather see our younger players given a solid block of consecutive AFL games so that they can actually be assessed. They aren't on the list to be SANFL players only.

Our rebuild is nowhere near finished, regardless of what the club says. And irrespective of whether we're rebuilding or contending, we haven't even gotten close to the right mix of experience and youth.

That just isn't true. I don't know about certain brigades of the fanbase, but I'm fairly certain that most on here (myself very much included) would rather see our younger players given a solid block of consecutive AFL games so that they can actually be assessed. They aren't on the list to be SANFL players only.

Our rebuild is nowhere near finished, regardless of what the club says. And irrespective of whether we're rebuilding or contending, we haven't even gotten close to the right mix of experience and youth.
Ironic that Wayne was a poster focusing on Nanks mistakes on Friday night

Good:
Scoring accuracy.
Soligo, A shining light.
Dawson finally found some form.
Nankervis' best game.
Worrell can play and will only get better, if he can start to intercept mark more...

Bad:
Laird, Smith, McHenry, Gollant, Hamill, Sholl and Cook can't carry this team forward.

Fogarty needs to be traded for a fresh start. He either gets 0 support or runs to the wrong spot, for some reason kicking it on his head = 0% chance of winning a 1-1 contest. He never wins them. Its ridiculous.

Rachele probably had his best game before being unable to find a target from 70M out, spiking a ball that a normal player would be more inclined to mark and trying to slap the ball through for a goal. I am sure he will learn with the public scrutiny and KC getting all bent out of shape.

Any chance we can start a game without being 3-4 goals down? Seriously, its so hard to win when you are continually on the fightback path, we are a goal down in the first 2 minutes I think. The only game we have won so far is one where we weren't almost out of it.

“We’ll go back and look at the week and look at maybe what we got wrong there,” Nicks said of the first term after Friday night’s three-point defeat left his side with a 1-5 win-loss record.
“At the moment it’s a hard one to put a finger on what that is, other than our opposition and giving them credit where it’s due.”

So Nicks says he makes changes before the game that would have an impact and then comes out and says he doesn't understand why we were so bad in the 1st quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks trotting out the old "opposition were good" line just reinforces my opinion that we need to sack him asap. What does this bloke think he's getting paid to do exactly?
His job is to guard the bee fly.

The rebuild is finished when the results say so

Otherwise, it keeps rolling on with new coaches and new administration

Thats not true at all. Many equate our list as full of teenagers with zero experience and give it a massive pass.

We should be 0-6. We haven't looked better than anyone we've played.

Last edited:

How do you then explain most of our team have played under 50 games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back