Review Good, Bad, Keeping shape, keeping shat - Crows V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

We were lucky to be close in the end purely off the back of Essendon's inefficiency and inability to capitalize on their dominance.

If we look objectively at the list of players who took the park, is should be no surprise to see us 1-5 (should be 0-6).

These players currently have no business being anywhere near a premiership quality side:

• Cook
  • Borlase
  • Gollant
  • Hamill
  • Jones
  • Laird
  • McHenry
  • O'Brien
  • Sholl
  • Smith

When you look at that list who are currently first 22 for us it should be no surprise we are bottom four quality.
Unfortunately for us the football dept resopnsbile for building this horrendous list will also be those in charge of "the rebuild, the sequel". Makes me physically ill that Reid and especially Ogilvie are still employed by the club.

First quarter fumbles.
All game really. Essendon were squeaky clean. Handballs were centimetre perfect, one grabbing marks, picking up the ball on the first attempt.

We were the exact opposite. How we came within a goal is a miracle in itself. So many potential forays were thwarted because we simply could not take possession of the ball that was right in front of us.

You could feel 7 (or even 26) years of frustration in every crowd reaction to each botched kick, out on the full, dropped mark under little to no pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

only good was Dawson finding form.
we lost a game we didn't deserve to win due to a gutless umpire. A win would of only covered up the cracks as to how poor we were. Why on earth did we go back to playing slow and long down the line.
The Carlton game it was as if the players were told you have 5 seconds to get of the ball, none of that on friday night.

I've been trying to explain .....playing high level AFL is more than how many kicks & handballs you get .....it's the technical stuff that sorts the young hopefulls from experienced campaigners

Yeah, that’s not good enough by Ranks.

If the handover had happened then parish is berry’s respinsibility. But ranks needs to make sure the handover has occurred already. Until that has happened, its ranks responsibility.

Wonder if ranks will get shown that footage? (I’m losing all faith in our coaches to do their jobs at this point)

I've been trying to explain .....playing high level AFL is more than how many kicks & handballs you get .....it's the technical stuff that sorts the young hopefulls from experienced campaigners
No one is suggesting playing youngsters or using them in the centre square because they'll be instantly flawless and never make a mistake

They'll make errors.

They'll also learn from them and improve. That's what a rebuild is. Over time and combined with good coaching they'll make fewer of them.

We seemingly get scared off by the prospect of these mistakes.

As opposed to the trash that those in our LG put out each week?

Murphy, ROB, Smith and Milera wouldn't even get a game in a top eight side lol.

Forgot to mention how bad our fumbling was. Our lack of clean hands plays a significant role in us losing imo. We put ourselves under way more pressure than there would be if we are clean.

Soligo was one of the few that was clean (even he had one bad fumble).

On second watch Hamill wasn't too bad. Made two turnovers (at least through attacking kicks), but other than that was solid.

The fumbling has been absolutely contagious this year is a bigger issue than what we’re making out. We just aren’t switched on for huge periods of games. I remember rachele saying we employed a new sports psychologist and she’s been helping him with focus? Obviously f**** not!!

No one is suggesting playing youngsters or using them in the centre square because they'll be instantly flawless and never make a mistake

They'll make errors.

They'll also learn from them and improve. That's what a rebuild is. Over time and combined with good coaching they'll make fewer of them.

We seemingly get scared off by the prospect of these mistakes.
And yet accept our senior players making them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back