2nds Gold Coast Reserves: Title Defense 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Which players have stood out?

I saw Jeffrey kick a few nice passes before. Defence seems happy to switch. Lots of fast handball chains too. Moyle even got a goal.

Farrar (4 goals so far) and Jeffrey could maybe play in the NT. Farrar would even make a good sub as he can play back, wing and forward.

Johnston could be the upgrade for Ace, really. May need this year to develop though, but big upside.

Sexton offers great run, but his kicking does let him down a bit.

GCFC 24.13.157 def BLFC 11.5.71

Disposals: Sexton (31), Tsitas (27), Macpherson (26), Davies (26), Uwland (22)
Goals: Farrar (5.0), Day (4.0), Rowlands (3.1), Reeves (2.1), Johnston (2.1), Elliott (2.1), Moyle (2.0), Casboult (1.1), Oea (1.1), Hay (1.1), Uwland (1.0)
Hitouts: Moyle (34), Casboult (17), Davies (1) vs Brisbane (37 total)

Moyle finally being allowed to play as a ruck/fwd and did it very well.

He could definitely try at at AFL if Read doesn’t work out this week.

But in general, we also might not want 3 talls forward and 4 talls back in Darwin.

Last edited:
I went to watch boys at BHA, just 15 min from home.

We had 17 listed vs Lions 12 listed players. It showed. Jeffrey did not play out the game, Fort as well (probably both emergencies for AFL).

We scored quickly first 2 goals then Lions dominated the whole quarter until red time when we scored 4 goals in 4 mins.

Total domination in 2nd and 3rd, more equal play in the last quarter.

We did look like better running team, harder at contest. I don't know our academy kids but they do decent job.

We often tried to link up through the middle.

Best players for me Moyle, Jeffrey, Day, Graham, Davies, Sexton.

It was good to see Moyle playing more minutes forward expanding his skillset.

Davies improved and was good in the middle.

Tsitas is a perfect player for VFL, works hard.

I liked Johnston, he has some talent. Hopefully he continues to improve.

Uwland played well. Farar enjoyed scoring.

Last edited:
Seems his ideal position right now, has elite endurance and will be able to float across for marks as an intercepter rather than being pushed under it in the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully playing forward gave Read some tips on what he needs to do to get on top of his opponents. I think he will make a good defender.

Same with Graham; I’m sure he learned plenty. These kids are young. Let them develop and play and learn.

We’ve burned through our top picks in the past and run them into the ground by forcing the weight of the club on their shoulders.

Ump calls not going our way right now.

But I think a few too many good players are out of the side.

Not too many players I’m keeping an eye on. Farrar, Read and W. Graham.

He did not travel originally to Darwin. 25 players went to Darwin. Travelling emergencies were Day, Fiorini, Swallow. It looks like Budarick also does not play today.

VFL team will be hammered.
Yeah, VFL team is looking well below average.

Not sure where the spark comes from if they want to turn it around. Think they are just gonna cop this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back