Multiplat Fallout 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't been hooked into a game this much for so long

Funny considering I have already played it through once

I'm up to having to meet the Railroad to go to the institute so a fair way through. There have been a few missions (side quests) that I don't remember doing last play through and a heap of times I have come across something that I forgot was in this game. For instance discovering Good Neighbor

Loving the update. PS5 version looks and plays AMAZING. The game brings back so many memories.

I'm taking my time so far. Still near the beginning.

But so far I have some power armour, some decent raider gear, a fat man, a mini-gun, some fences around Sanctuary, constructed a warehouse, unlocked 3 settlement areas other than Sanctuary, and have begun upgrading those.

All that and I haven't even been to Concord or met Preston yet!

There are many things in this game I'm sure I've forgotten, but Good Neighbour? Wow man.
So I probably should clarify further, going into the memories of Kellog in New neighbor is what i had forgotten

Also got Hancock as a companion by doing the mission in the tunnels underneath which i dont think i did in my first play through like 9 years ago

So I probably should clarify further, going into the memories of Kellog in New neighbor is what i had forgotten

Also got Hancock as a companion by doing the mission in the tunnels underneath which i dont think i did in my first play through like 9 years ago
You're blowing my mind. I intricately went through every nook and cranny in this game. I had the time to do that 9 years ago I guess. If I did miss anything I'd seriously like to know because I fine toothed everything.

You're blowing my mind. I intricately went through every nook and cranny in this game. I had the time to do that 9 years ago I guess. If I did miss anything I'd seriously like to know because I fine toothed everything.
I thought I went pretty in depth with it to, but from memory i was rotating between FO4 & Witcher 3 at the time

I’m about to hit the point in the game where the factions split. Going Brotherhood this time, I’m pretty sure I was minutemen the first time I played and there’s something I don’t like about the railroad.

Taking my time with it this time around has shown how much depth there is to the world. The. environments you go through tell a story and actions/quests you did hours ago are referenced by NPC’s and affect your reputation and how they interact with you.

Now maybe I missed it, but I felt like Starfield had none of this. Maybe because of the reliance on fast travel there was less chance to bump into something random?

Makes me wonder if I should give it another chance…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah I must have done something pretty bad to Preston in my game. Keeps telling me to sod off when I try and speak to him. 😂
I had the same issue with this playthrough

Means I have no one at the sanctuary and I can't go down the Minutemen path

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to have a crack at this but right now with 2 young kids my game time is really down and the only window I have is around 5 am -630 am and that’s getting ready for the day ahead but tend to chuck something on to play whilst having a coffee so some days I may get 30 mins others an hour it depends and I feel like I am not going to get far or much enjoyment out of this game with limited play time per session right?

I want to have a crack at this but right now with 2 young kids my game time is really down and the only window I have is around 5 am -630 am and that’s getting ready for the day ahead but tend to chuck something on to play whilst having a coffee so some days I may get 30 mins others an hour it depends and I feel like I am not going to get far or much enjoyment out of this game with limited play time per session right?
Yeah I have limited time these days, it's why I don't bother replaying or starting games as big as Fallout 4. I'll lose momentum way too easily.

Yeah I have limited time these days, it's why I don't bother replaying or starting games as big as Fallout 4. I'll lose momentum way too easily.
Same situation but reverse outcome

Playing FO4 has sucked me back in, partially because I know its a great game

I keep rushing ahead and getting smoked in side quests. I keep running around and trying to do other quests before even reaching Diamond City. Getting smoked by Power Armour leaders etc.

need to slow down, level up and mod guns lol. Too impatient second time around. I was shocked to see i'd clocked 100hours on the original Fallout 4.... Until i started decking out my house again on this playthrough :laughing:

.... Until i started decking out my house again on this playthrough :laughing:

I got some family into it who never have it much of a go before. They're absolutely hooked on building now and don't do anything else lol. They started off building simple things and were initially amazed at some of the stuff I was building (because I knew what everything was and how to do everything already). In the last week they're glued to F4 building channels on YouTube and are building some absolutely insane things already and have gone way past my abilities lol. One of them is level 40 something from almost exclusively building...

I got some family into it who never have it much of a go before. They're absolutely hooked on building now and don't do anything else lol. They started off building simple things and were initially amazed at some of the stuff I was building (because I knew what everything was and how to do everything already). In the last week they're glued to F4 building channels on YouTube and are building some absolutely insane things already and have gone way past my abilities lol. One of them is level 40 something from almost exclusively building...
Im too bloody pedantic. I need my walls to match and fit nicely on the slab. I need the roof to be similar.

Nek minute, 2 hours later... lol

Im too bloody pedantic. I need my walls to match and fit nicely on the slab. I need the roof to be similar.

Nek minute, 2 hours later... lol

So I showed them the mat glitch to force a few things. It was mainly to patch up walls and maybe add a roof or ceiling to the homes in Sanctuary. Now I check their settlements and they've got complex multistory constructions seamlessly integrated into Sanctuary and places like Hangman's Alley like they were put there by the devs themselves. Then I go back to my own buildings and feel so inadequate lol.

I have watched a few game play / building videos to and yep as much as I really want to give this a crack I don't have the time to possible make it enjoyable without being frustrated at the lack of progress given my short window of time.

I think you’ll be surprised how much you could get done, the map isn’t as big as it seems and alot of fast travel points mean you can get across the map fairly quickly.

Also helps once you have a few levels and decent weapons as the fights are less of a struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back