Premier Lg EPL Matchday 34, 35 & 36 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Maddison since returning from injury and Son since returning from Asia Cup have been quite poor. Werner did some nice in previous matches but don’t think they should sign him. Johnson has some promise but not great shooting. Midfield has been disappointing as well last few months. Need a bit of work in the summer

He's probably behind Højlund and Eriksen at United too. I was surprised to read that Højbjerg is only 28. He plays like he's 38.

I think he'll be gone after this season. Ange has mostly played him off the bench when Bissouma has run out of puff.
Whoosh

Big job for Ange next season, has been found out a bit.
I'd say he and Jedinak our set piece defensive coach have been found out massively. Since being exposed by City in the FA Cup we have a serious problem that Ange refuses to acknowledge.

24 goals conceded in 14 games. 10 of those from corners and indirect free kicks.

Over a 38 game season that will be 65 conceded and a PL record 27 goals from corners and indirect free kicks, unless Ange and Jedinak get this sorted.

Big job for Ange next season, has been found out a bit.

Yep, I was very pleasantly surprised with his set up against Arsenal. Very naive, especially off the back of 15 days to prepare. I read the comment from an Arsenal fan that they seemed to put more planning into their pre match cup final entertainment, and that made me chuckle :D It’s no surprise to see them undone again this morning from set pieces.

Yep, I was very pleasantly surprised with his set up against Arsenal. Very naive, especially off the back of 15 days to prepare. I read the comment from an Arsenal fan that they seemed to put more planning into their pre match cup final entertainment, and that made me chuckle :D It’s no surprise to see them undone again this morning from set pieces.
I wouldn't call it naive I'd call it exactly how Ange has built great sides in the past. They play his way no matter what and it takes time to learn. His roar, Yokohama and Celtic sides were all better second season than first.

Arteta coached an 8th place side for 2 years then 5th. If say considering they lost Kane he's still above Par for a debut season in the premier league.

I think a lot will depend on his transfer window. His start at Spurs was actually a bit out of character, normally he takes a while to get a side going.
Our attack had cohesion and we looked great but after the injuries, suspensions and national commitments begun its been disjointed. That's the part he has seemingly put all his focus on. And in the long run I get it. Work out who can play our way.

But Pep first exposed that he spends little to no time planning for set pieces. And that with some good planning sides can expose our side that way.

Naive is Erik Ten Haag giving up on his own style 4 games into his coaching career and then having no plan at all. There's a plan at spurs, might not necessarily work but he's drilling the team on how he wants to play and he's learning each week who will be in the squad next year and who won't

I'd say Bissouma, Hojberg are no where near up to it and for mine Kulu doesn't suit Anges tactics at all.

Maddison and son have looked cooked since they returned from injury and the Asian Cup so he's been trying to get results by playing the ball down the flanks which has been Werner and Johnson. If you can be a great side with those 2 on the flanks Ange is the best coach in the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our attack had cohesion and we looked great but after the injuries, suspensions and national commitments begun its been disjointed. That's the part he has seemingly put all his focus on. And in the long run I get it. Work out who can play our way.

But Pep first exposed that he spends little to no time planning for set pieces. And that with some good planning sides can expose our side that way.
Mate Brentford and Everton work on set pieces, good sides build a style and then add that later. Arsenal only just got great at them recently as well. It's not important to focus on right now.

Mate Brentford and Everton work on set pieces, good sides build a style and then add that later. Arsenal only just got great at them recently as well. It's not important to focus on right now.
Conceding 10 goals in 14 games in a certain way that's been exposed might be worth addressing at some point

Can we give Brighton more money for Cucurella and Caicedo? Both have been very sexy men of late

Can we give Brighton more money for Cucurella and Caicedo? Both have been very sexy men of late
Yeah credit where its due, quietly Cucurella has turned back into a decent footballer. Caicedo and Gallagher make a pretty sweet pivot too and complement each other so well.

Yeah not right now though. The rest of the sides game is also s**t an Ange is gonna work on that first
He has a free hit this season with it. But if we concede as many goals next season as we do this, especially from set pieces, and we don't progress on our points tally, he could be without a role in England the season after.

He has a free hit this season with it. But if we concede as many goals next season as we do this, especially from set pieces, and we don't progress on our points tally, he could be without a role in England the season after.
Using arbitrary set piece numbers and points totals would be stupid. Klopp an Arteta took time. For all the smoke being blown up Tottenham's arse early, none of spurs mids get into Chelsea, Arsenal, City or Liverpool's midfield right now. Arguably none of the front 3 either. He squeezed alot out of the squad to start the season but its still an average as heck squad.

Ange a bit of a victim of starting so well at Spurs. They should still finish 5th and they certainly aren’t the 5th best squad in the league on paper. They do have a lot they need to improve though. The midfield hasn’t got enough quality and they need a striker that can offer something different. Keeper is horrible at set pieces and the defence aren’t much better.

Football and the narrative changes very quickly though. 2 weeks ago Poch was done after getting embarrassed at Arsenal. A couple of good performances and all the pressure is off. Ange will lose a lot of the goodwill from this year if next season starts poorly. Newcastle, Man Utd and Chelsea all have to improve so this year may end up being a real missed chance for Spurs getting into the top 4.

Using arbitrary set piece numbers and points totals would be stupid. Klopp an Arteta took time. For all the smoke being blown up Tottenham's arse early, none of spurs mids get into Chelsea, Arsenal, City or Liverpool's midfield right now. Arguably none of the front 3 either. He squeezed alot out of the squad to start the season but its still an average as * squad.
10 goals in 14 games from a simple exposing of his lack of care for set pieces, and then in general the attacking build up being worked out after a great start.

I hope for his sake he is less blaise than you are with the problems in front of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back