Think Tank Dude, I go for Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant think of anything that rhymes with asphyxiation.
Asphyxiation
a dick's invasion
my tricks creatin'
a blitzkrieg nation
ta' fix ya hatin'
Ya missed ya station
Ass masturbation.

Word to ya mother.

Surprised this fred wasn't given a goo tag

Used to get handed out to the Hawfs like candy :rainbow:
What could possibly have changed? ..............Oh. :$

I cant think of anything that rhymes with asphyxiation.
Transfiguration? For instance from yourself to someone with creativity. :drunk:

I tell you what, after we polaxed the swans, i was speedin’ down the Monash in my 1987 Camira, with my Kiss Destroyer tape cranked (the mix is perfect with my graphic equaliser), i pulled out my nokia phone, rang me mate Darren, and heck mate, i told him, “DUDE, I GO FOR RICHMOND”.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

"Dude, you go for Richmond."

It was such a compelling smack-down, an irrefutable rebuttal that rendered all previous statements null and void. It meant: "Your team is unsuccessful, therefore your opinion on football is worthless."

Of course, it was nonsense, but many persisted. But now, the tables have turned. Richmond are the champs, and are so good it is apparently bad for football. Teeth are being gnashed, Geelong supporters are frightened to go to the footy, and the grand final should be best of three, played on the moon, or be decided by rock-paper-scissors, whichever creates the best chance for Richmond to lose.

The non-Richmond-supporting football world is losing its collective mind. Y'all can't cope, much like the teams you support can't cope with our relentless pressure, elite skills, superior strategy, and gut-busting running.

Many of you are bewildered, frightened, disbelieving of the stunning and complete turnaround in the football balance of power. You don't understand the modern game. You bleat that Richmond has a soft draw, or a cheat ground, or gets a free ride with the umps despite having the worst free kick differential in the comp for the second year running. You think Joe Daniher can kick 100, or Christian Petracca is the Next Dusty, or some other ridiculous theory. You're like a mule with a spinning wheel.

Never fear. I am here to help. Using the logic that made "Dude, you go for Richmond" such an infallible put-down, "Dude, I go for Richmond" means "My team is the best, therefore my footy knowledge is superior to all and sundry."

So, friends, this is a safe place. Ask me anything about football and I will give you the answer, and it will be right, because Dude, I go for Richmond.

Enlightenment awaits, friends. :footy:
RATD, i have shocking haemorroids at the moment. Theres one in particular that hangs lazily outside the rest of them like a giant hairless grape. I call him Gary.

ive tried to push him back into the centre but he just wont go. what are my options?

RATD, i have shocking haemorroids at the moment. Theres one in particular that hangs lazily outside the rest of them like a giant hairless grape. I call him Gary.

ive tried to push him back into the centre but he just wont go. what are my options?
Beema, haemorroids are tricky things. Once you have them, they are hard to get rid of. Best to try and avoid them in the first place by eating lots of fibre, and not straining too hard at the stool.

Might I recommend one of these:

The beauty of this is if you are literally shitting yourself at the thought of watching your team get slaughtered at the G or choking at the Dump against an injury-ravaged bottom 6 team, you can watch the game from the safety and comfort of your own bathroom.

Welcome to the club, richoatthedisco.

As a supporter of perhaps the most successful club in the history of the AFL; a club so wealthy it single handedly bailed the VFL out of bankruptcy upon forming, so successful on the field it took the cup from Victoria for the first time (and again 2 years later), so rich it's spoils created another football club - albeit a s**t one - in the Dockers. 3 flags since the inception of the truly national league - without the need for a cheat ground to win the flag on, resulting in the billion dollar purpose built stadium which currently rates as the greatest in the Southern Hemisphere. Never needing a hand out or threatened to merge with some losers, always topping the profit table without destroying families through pokies and the pioneers of the true work hard, play hard image.

*lights cigarette*

Goddam it feels good.

WCE is a glorified state team, not a club. You decided to have the entire west coast of the country in your name and thus as your catchment for goodness sakes. It's like saying the socceroos are the most followed soccer team in Australia. Even the crows who decided to name itself after an entire city in a football mad state with no competition for 7 years is not as bad.

WCE is a glorified state team, not a club. You decided to have the entire west coast of the country in your name and thus as your catchment for goodness sakes. It's like saying the socceroos are the most followed soccer team in Australia. Even the crows who decided to name itself after an entire city in a football mad state with no competition for 7 years is not as bad.

Yep, we're innovators. Thanks for taking time from schtooking your cousin to let me know how impressed you are with West Coast's business acumen.

RATD: My Geelong supporting 'friends' insist that they have a rivalry with Richmond.
How do I let them down gently without intimidating them?
Thanks Grin. Geelong supporters are scared to go to the football, especially when their team plays Richmond. It's not a healthy state of play. Instead of openly laughing at them when they suggest this 'rivalry', encourage them to actually show up to our matches and make a bit of noise.

Positive reinforcement can work wonders. It's like a boxing trainer whose idiot charge is standing in the middle of the ring getting belted: it's no good saying, "stick and move, you idiot!" because you'll just get push-back. Better to coax them with a bit of, "Love the way you're sticking and moving, champ! Keep it up!" then sit back and watch them do just that. Likewise, with your Geelong friends, I would just say, "Yes, what an awesome rivalry we have. I really hope we meet in the finals again - 95,000 spectators split evenly between these two great rivals, just like last year! I'll seeya there!" and then just hope they come out from behind the couch in time for the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Grin. Geelong supporters are scared to go to the football, especially when their team plays Richmond. It's not a healthy state of play. Instead of openly laughing at them when they suggest this 'rivalry', encourage them to actually show up to our matches and make a bit of noise.

Positive reinforcement can work wonders. It's like a boxing trainer whose idiot charge is standing in the middle of the ring getting belted: it's no good saying, "stick and move, you idiot!" because you'll just get push-back. Better to coax them with a bit of, "Love the way you're sticking and moving, champ! Keep it up!" then sit back and watch them do just that. Likewise, with your Geelong friends, I would just say, "Yes, what an awesome rivalry we have. I really hope we meet in the finals again - 95,000 spectators split evenly between these two great rivals, just like last year! I'll seeya there!" and then just hope they come out from behind the couch in time for the game.
Sage and empathetic advice.
Thanks richoatthedisco :thumbsu:

"Dude, you go for Richmond." Enlightenment awaits, friends. :footy:

Dude, I go for Adelaide.
The team that has beaten you 4 out of the last 5 times we have met. The team that has a 75% winning ratio in Grand Finals, which is superior to Richmond’s. We are the Pride of South Australia not the ***ts of Punt Road.

We’ve never had a truckload of horse s**t dumped on our doorstep or been named after a position on the ladder. However, I love your fan base, your colours and your song.

I have congratulated you on your 2017 Grand Final win...where let’s just say, the odds were in your favour; and whilst Smith And McGovern are ‘X’ factor players missing again, I’m confident of beating you tomorrow night.

Because Dude,I go for Adelaide:)

Dude, I go for Adelaide.
The team that has beaten you 4 out of the last 5 times we have met. The team that has a 75% winning ratio in Grand Finals, which is superior to Richmond’s. We are the Pride of South Australia not the ***ts of Punt Road.

We’ve never had a truckload of horse s**t dumped on our doorstep or been named after a position on the ladder. However, I love your fan base, your colours and your song.

I have congratulated you on your 2017 Grand Final win...where let’s just say, the odds were in your favour; and whilst Smith And McGovern are ‘X’ factor players missing again, I’m confident of beating you tomorrow night.

Dude, you go for Adelaide!

Dude, I go for Adelaide.

Math isn’t your strong point if you can’t work out a simple question percentage

Dude, I go for Adelaide.

:$

Is this why the Power went for a name unrelated to anything, not representing any area and with no real meaning, after all what is a port power?

Dude, I go for Adelaide.

Dude, 2 flags out of 3 attempts is not 75% its 66.6%, your achievements in this competition are the same as the Dogs.

You took on Richmond on the big day and Richmond broke you.

Dude I go for Richmond.

Speak English you foreigner
Phone correction error, my point was 2 out of 3 does not equal 75%
That’s the stuff you learn in school before you hit the age of 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back