Think Tank Dude, I go for Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

"Dude, you go for Richmond."

It was such a compelling smack-down, an irrefutable rebuttal that rendered all previous statements null and void. It meant: "Your team is unsuccessful, therefore your opinion on football is worthless."

Of course, it was nonsense, but many persisted. But now, the tables have turned. Richmond are the champs, and are so good it is apparently bad for football. Teeth are being gnashed, Geelong supporters are frightened to go to the footy, and the grand final should be best of three, played on the moon, or be decided by rock-paper-scissors, whichever creates the best chance for Richmond to lose.

The non-Richmond-supporting football world is losing its collective mind. Y'all can't cope, much like the teams you support can't cope with our relentless pressure, elite skills, superior strategy, and gut-busting running.

Many of you are bewildered, frightened, disbelieving of the stunning and complete turnaround in the football balance of power. You don't understand the modern game. You bleat that Richmond has a soft draw, or a cheat ground, or gets a free ride with the umps despite having the worst free kick differential in the comp for the second year running. You think Joe Daniher can kick 100, or Christian Petracca is the Next Dusty, or some other ridiculous theory. You're like a mule with a spinning wheel.

Never fear. I am here to help. Using the logic that made "Dude, you go for Richmond" such an infallible put-down, "Dude, I go for Richmond" means "My team is the best, therefore my footy knowledge is superior to all and sundry."

So, friends, this is a safe place. Ask me anything about football and I will give you the answer, and it will be right, because Dude, I go for Richmond.

Enlightenment awaits, friends. :footy:
TSWRA
To short would read again.

Mmm, I'm not so sure mate. You seem to spend a lot of time mentioning Geelong. That 42-9 record (or there abouts) has taken it's toll on you blokes I think.

Monkey off the back. It does bring me great pleasure that you minnows, even after winning flag, can't let go. :D
42/9?

As far as I know when it counts it's 8/2

Why are Richmond supporters so infatuated with Geelong?

Is it a case of monkey off the back after all those years of thrashings and a release of anger and frustration?
Speaking of monkeys, I think its much like when you take the kids to the zoo, the first thing they want to see is the monkeys, I believe it is related to the fact that although they look much like us we know inside that we are the superior species.

It’s always a highlight of the day when the great Chief, the greatest Admin in history quotes your post, but to then have a shiny penny bestowed upon me.

View attachment 494457

Your use of the search function means you are no n00b.

Last edited:
Wow. Is that really the last time the Handbaggers beat Richmond in a game that matters?
No wonder you lot are so angry and obsessed with the Tigers.
Shouldn't you're pathetic little club just fold?
Maybe a question the OP can answer.
Wow!

Wow. Is that really the last time the Handbaggers beat Richmond in a game that matters?
No, Grin. The Cats should not fold. Can you imagine how much worse the Corio meth epidemic would be if they didn't have footy to look forward to? They'd probably turn to heroin, like Gazza.

No, who would us Hawfs obsess and shitfight with then? Essenscum are not worthy...

"Dude, you go for Richmond."

It was such a compelling smack-down, an irrefutable rebuttal that rendered all previous statements null and void. It meant: "Your team is unsuccessful, therefore your opinion on football is worthless."

Of course, it was nonsense, but many persisted. But now, the tables have turned. Richmond are the champs, and are so good it is apparently bad for football. Teeth are being gnashed, Geelong supporters are frightened to go to the footy, and the grand final should be best of three, played on the moon, or be decided by rock-paper-scissors, whichever creates the best chance for Richmond to lose.

The non-Richmond-supporting football world is losing its collective mind. Y'all can't cope, much like the teams you support can't cope with our relentless pressure, elite skills, superior strategy, and gut-busting running.

Many of you are bewildered, frightened, disbelieving of the stunning and complete turnaround in the football balance of power. You don't understand the modern game. You bleat that Richmond has a soft draw, or a cheat ground, or gets a free ride with the umps despite having the worst free kick differential in the comp for the second year running. You think Joe Daniher can kick 100, or Christian Petracca is the Next Dusty, or some other ridiculous theory. You're like a mule with a spinning wheel.

Never fear. I am here to help. Using the logic that made "Dude, you go for Richmond" such an infallible put-down, "Dude, I go for Richmond" means "My team is the best, therefore my footy knowledge is superior to all and sundry."

So, friends, this is a safe place. Ask me anything about football and I will give you the answer, and it will be right, because Dude, I go for Richmond.

Enlightenment awaits, friends. :footy:

Here I was thinking the Bulldogs were the first ever premiers back in 2016 but I was wrong apparently, the Tigers won the first ever flag last year.
We must now bow down to their brilliance.

Edit: jokes, come back to me when you win 3 in 5 or better.

Here I was thinking the Bulldogs were the first ever premiers back in 2016 but I was wrong apparently, the Tigers won the first ever flag last year.

K, seeya in Sept '19.

Wait, B2B is better than 3 in 5, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we didnt win the first flag in this competition but we did win our first before you won your first.

42/9?

As far as I know when it counts it's 8/2

I understand you're neighbouring suburbs but I had no idea the supporters would become so similar.

Then again one has been trying to gradually change their colours to black and gold for the last 20 years.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back