DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is chris knights too pricey to put in my team? will he score consistently big next year?

also how about vince should be around 520K (SC). worth it?

No reason why Knights shouldn't score fairly well this season.

Vince will most likely cop the main tag this year. Last season when that happened he coped with it fairly well but it's worth considering that at this time last year he was number 2 in our midfield, and now he'll be number 1.

is chris knights too pricey to put in my team? will he score consistently big next year?

also how about vince should be around 520K (SC). worth it?

IMO both should score extremely well, you probably won't see much improvement on their current price, however if you're after a couple of players to earn you around 100 points each week, then you could do a lot worse than these two.

Vince will most likely cop the main tag this year. Last season when that happened he coped with it fairly well but it's worth considering that at this time last year he was number 2 in our midfield, and now he'll be number 1.

It it interesting to note how he has gone scoring wise (in SC that is) against the top 4 of last year he only averaged 73.57 in 7 regular season games. Half of these were in the first half of the season and the other 3 were at the tail end of the season where he scored a season low 44 against St Kilda but that was our worst performance of the year. Along with a pair of 87's against Collingwood & Geelong.

Despite all this he still managed to aveage just under 100 and these stats ignore both of his quite outstanding finals performances which seemed to show he was quite capable of coping with a tag & rising above it. With a slight improvement and the fact we play last years top 4 less this season could mean he improves on that average by 5-15 points. He is currently in my team but this may change as there are a few Crows I wanna fit in.

Everything the club has said indicates that Davis is a lock for Otten's position. It's only observers on BF who doubt that this will be a reality.

No chacne that Stevens will play a role permanantly back to create more room for Tippett Walker Hentschel Burton and McKernan up forward?

Not convinced Davis is a lock as of yet. NAB Cup will be instructive.

No chacne that Stevens will play a role permanantly back to create more room for Tippett Walker Hentschel Burton and McKernan up forward?

Not convinced Davis is a lock as of yet. NAB Cup will be instructive.
I see Stevens continuing to play the swing-man role, oscillating between attack and defence.

What do you guys think about Mckay and Knights DT worthiness?
Knights is a case of WYSIWIG (What You See Is What You Get) - definite potential to score highly, but probably a bit inconsistent.

Mackay should increase in value slightly, but not by enough to justify selecting him on that basis.

Just like to point out that everything I say is for DT.

Knights: Expect 4-8pts improvement. Not a terrible premium choice now that he's a forward.

D-Mack: A big yes! As far as mid-price improvers in the midfield go I see him as one of the most promising. Has shown consistent improvement ever since he arrived at the club and is training the house down. 10+pts improvement.

Agree with Riggy's call on our resident comedian Armstrong being a Wing/HBF prospect.

Howdy ya'll.

Just wonderin how the old fox Goody is travelling this pre-season?

Any injury concerns at the moment, or is he fighting fit?

Spanks in advance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

will jacky get much of a go this year?
I doubt it, I think he is behind other players for the position he would be trying to get so he is going to have to perform in the sanfl first before we would consider giving him a chance in the 22. I think there would be safer player to pick/downgrade to

Hey guys. I'm really looking forward to watching the Crows this year - real premiership material, I reckon! :thumbsu:

I was looking for your thoughts on Bernie Vince, Chris Knights, Patrick Dangerfield, David Mackay, Kurt Tippett and Taylor Walker?

At this stage Vince is a lock. The rest I'm not sold on, so any information would be appreciated. Are there any injury concerns etc.?

Thanks in advance. :)

Hey guys. I'm really looking forward to watching the Crows this year - real premiership material, I reckon! :thumbsu:

I was looking for your thoughts on Bernie Vince, Chris Knights, Patrick Dangerfield, David Mackay, Kurt Tippett and Taylor Walker?

At this stage Vince is a lock. The rest I'm not sold on, so any information would be appreciated. Are there any injury concerns etc.?

Thanks in advance. :)
Not much negative here since all Crows players train well, so beware:p

Vince: Training well and have not heard him with any injury problems as such. His next big question mark is if he can handle the tag and continue to score well? He did pretty good in the Finals in the Essendon game when he got a lot of attention but I am unsure how he will go with this week in and week out.

Knights: Had been training hard and using his voice well, showing some leadership skills. In the 2nd 3km time trial he was 3rd to finish, unsure of the time but Mackay finished at 9.59 Thompson at 10.03 and he was the next to cross over. From the 11-18 of Jan he was either not training or in the restricted group but I have not heard about him since so I dont know what was wrong with him and If he is back yet.

Dangerfield: Was doing very well at training and taking on people (and getting caught), injured his knee a week or 2 ago but was running at 80% later on that week and the latest training 26/1/10 he was involved in some contact drills which involved tackling so I would say his just about recovered from the injury. I expect a bigger role in the mid for him.

Mackay: Have not heard anything bad about him, came first in the 3km time trial and I think we would be expecting him to step it up another level this season coming into his 3rd on the wing. He should escape all attention from the other teams so his just got to become more constant.

Tippett: First reports when he came back were that he looked a little big and not as fit as expected but a few weeks later that was all gone and he was back to his best. He has been training really well had the people that have been playing on him have normally been given a bath.

Walker: Has really improved on his fitness and defensive pressure, He was dropped last season since his lack of defensive pressure. In the 3km time trial he was in the next group to finish along with Vince and Danger so he has got the tank to chase and has done all that has been asked from him so far I would imagine. Not much negative been said about him though since he is a fan favorite but I am not sure he is a good fantasy prospect.

Anyways, hope that helps with a few of your questions

Whats Henchells Story. I thought he looked great towards the end of last season. To me he has an X (not Xray) Factor and always looks dangerous around goal.

Any idea of what his price will be, his project role of 2010, projected ave score and his fitness/ preseason is going?

Whats Henchells Story. I thought he looked great towards the end of last season. To me he has an X (not Xray) Factor and always looks dangerous around goal.

Any idea of what his price will be, his project role of 2010, projected ave score and his fitness/ preseason is going?
SC price = $346,300 09 avg=65
DT price = $$258,500 09 avg=55

Prices are not 100% correct but are very close.

Hentschel was reported to be "training the house down". I think its the most pre season he has had since his big knee injury. If he is in the side I expect he will be center half forward but I guess there is a chance that Craig could pull him into the backline for a spare man but I got a feeling his man role will be a target in the forward line.

I would not be picking him for a fantasy side though, he would be just in the 22 I feel and he may lose his spot if he has a few bad games so he is a risky pick. I would not expect his averages to go up much higher either he is not really a fantasy player and he is worth a bit much and there are better options at his price. Rough guess with averages would be his sc would be max 80 but i would say around 70's and dt would be in the 60=70's area at best I think.

SC price = $346,300 09 avg=65
DT price = $$258,500 09 avg=55

Prices are not 100% correct but are very close.

Hentschel was reported to be "training the house down". I think its the most pre season he has had since his big knee injury. If he is in the side I expect he will be center half forward but I guess there is a chance that Craig could pull him into the backline for a spare man but I got a feeling his man role will be a target in the forward line.

I would not be picking him for a fantasy side though, he would be just in the 22 I feel and he may lose his spot if he has a few bad games so he is a risky pick. I would not expect his averages to go up much higher either he is not really a fantasy player and he is worth a bit much and there are better options at his price. Rough guess with averages would be his sc would be max 80 but i would say around 70's and dt would be in the 60=70's area at best I think.

Trainning the house down??

I may have to take a punt, pending preseason form.

When he kicked four goals against Carlton late last year he looked unreal.

I think Vince will be the only other Crow I will take this year... atm anyway.

whats the word on Brad Symes??

his last 6 games for the 2009 season were pretty good. is anyone expecting big things from him??

Trainning the house down??

I may have to take a punt, pending preseason form.

When he kicked four goals against Carlton late last year he looked unreal.

I think Vince will be the only other Crow I will take this year... atm anyway.

Hentschel has never been a great scorer and is currently fighting with about 5 blokes for about 2 spots in the side, so is no certainty to be in the side.

Vince would be a good pick, Headless had a pretty good list of Crows worth looking at. Others might be Sloane, as a rookie priced player who will quite likely might play a bit and has the potential to be a Craigy favourite, similar to van Berlo, Craigy will fall over himself to get this bloke in the side.

Burton is probably a better choice than Hentschel if you're after an bloke returning from injury, has the potential to rack up far higher scores. McKernan, Davis and Cook also ones to watch in the preseason to see if they're getting a regular spot in the side.

Hentschel is a class player, can kick some freaky goals and if he played 22 games would probably kick 40-50 goals for the season, similar to Scott Welsh though when he played for us, just doesn't earn enough points outside his goals to warrant SC/DT selection.

whats the word on Brad Symes??

his last 6 games for the 2009 season were pretty good. is anyone expecting big things from him??

If fit will probably play most games, is a prolific SC/DT scorer, so you could probably do worse, is on the injury list at the moment, but should be ready by round 1. I'd keep an eye on him in the preseason though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back