DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

Danger will be in the top 10 most popular players this year, in almost every team posted so far on the DT board.

Nice thread BTW boys, helps your board and helps the DTrs / SCrs as well. Will be recommending one for the Dogs board.

QUESTION: I'm interested in the training report from 7/1 which had Armstrong / Cook / Sloane running the ball out of defence. None of these 3 would be locked in the best 22 I would have thought with only Otten's place available from last year. Most likely it goes to Davis /Sellar.

So who will be the likely go to out of defence this year?

I expect Sloane to play about half the season, but not as a HBFer. He's not in my best 22 but he's my 2nd midfielder outside of the un-injured team so you've gotta think he'll get a good run.

I agree with the majority that Philly D will take the third-tall spot and if Armstrong/Cooky get games it will most likely be in a HB/wing role.

obviously bock is one of the best chb's going round

but is there any early signs he could play 22 games

could armstrong be this years petrenko

in getting named but hardly getting any gametime?
He was named on the emergency list for pretty much every game in the second half of 2009, still yet to make his debut. I'd say he'll debut at some stage during the year, but I'm still expecting him to spend more time in the SANFL than AFL in 2010.

I've been pretty much shithouse at Dream Team every season I've done it and will probably continue to be s**t at it for as long as I keep playing it :eek:
Me too.

I can't disassociate myself from team selection enough, I still ending up choosing the players I like over the players that will score decent points.

I will choose a Luke Hodge over a Kornes every time, whether it screws up my team or not.

obviously bock is the best chb going round

but is there any early signs he could play 22 games

Corrected^^^

Impossible to tell really but he seems to be healing pretty well at this stage. Too risky a selection for mine, unless he's eligible for a hefty games missed discount.

a little bit of luck. There is a lot of skill to DT (reading player role changes, tactics, who is in the 22, who benefits from team changes etc). I am willing to bet cmndstab that you are s**t at DT because you select alot of adelaide players?

Sadly, I can't even use this as an excuse :eek: I sometimes pick up some Crows youngsters as a bit of a money-maker bench player, and Vince/Dangerfield/Otten/Tippett was a great quartet for me last season, but mostly I just make the wrong decisions at the wrong times :(

I do generally have more Crows players than Port players though ;)

How's Van Berlo going injury wise? Still having issues with his back? (I think it was his back...) Is he likely to improve on last year?

I'm considering him as a Cash Cow/Possible Keeper in SC.

How's Van Berlo going injury wise? Still having issues with his back? (I think it was his back...) Is he likely to improve on last year?

In the last training session he was running in straight lines but that was about it. From what was reported he was looking very fit and doing it easy but they are slowly bringing him up to speed with the rest of the group so I would say his currently behind the rest of the group and probably a bit too risky to select in dt/sc. I would expect that if his fully fit he should be able to improve on last year been the year before that he would have had an higher average but I am not sure how the Crows plan to use him next season with the other midfield options we now have.

He'd be a very risky pick for next season:( Unfortunaty, injuries and role (tagging) are likely to hinder his output for this season. I can see why you are interested in him though after some of his scores from 2008.

I actually don't see too much value at Adelaide this year, depending on which youngsters get picked. But Danger, Philly and Porsche will probably be the only ones I consider. Possibly Tippa or Tex...

Dare I ask if that is in fact Taylor Walkers nickname. It looks like it would fit.

It would be appreciated if anyone could suggest if he is expected to be a regular this year, at least at the start?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dare I ask if that is in fact Taylor Walkers nickname. It looks like it would fit.

It would be appreciated if anyone could suggest if he is expected to be a regular this year, at least at the start?

Sorry, yeah that's Tex. We Crows supporters should probably use their real names in this thread with so many outsiders reading, haha, my bad.

I expect Walker to be in the side Rd.1 and be in a battle of form with Hentschel, Stevens, McKernan etc. for the rest of the season. It comes down to how much faith you have in him to perform I suppose. Personally, I have high expectations so I'm looking for him to lock his name in pretty early. Hopefully he develops some consistency.

VB is very much an unknown quantity at this stage. I wouldn't be picking him up if I were you. He's expected to be back to full training around early-mid February but it's hard to see him improving on last year and he could end up worse with the lack of preseason.

CAS79 - Yeah, it's Walker, though he would prefer to be called "Wacky Walker" :D

After the NAB Cup games we should have a much clearer idea of who is going to fill the tall positions.

I generally try to look at getting 2ish from most sides. Lobbe and Trengove the main port ones worth looking at this year (as a 3rd and 4th ruck bench players). 90k and both should get games.

ARe the prices out yet?

Last year putting two Sydney rucks as back ups was a bit of a fizer for many and I think Port is equally risky given Cloke could play as a ruck as well. Thoughts?

What will Michael Doughtys role in the team be and will he increase his scoring.

Thanks

What will Michael Doughtys role in the team be and will he increase his scoring.

Thanks

He and Stevens are probably the two players I'd least like to have on my team. He's not getting any younger, will be tagging even more without Shirley and will be pushed further out of the midfield rotation with the youngsters coming through.

So what I'm saying is, everyone get him!!!

i have been reading mixed reviews about davis some are saying he will take otten's spot others are saying he wont

and i have also been reading good things about tony armstrong which position is he most likely to play

i have been reading mixed reviews about davis some are saying he will take otten's spot others are saying he wont

and i have also been reading good things about tony armstrong which position is he most likely to play
Everything the club has said indicates that Davis is a lock for Otten's position. It's only observers on BF who doubt that this will be a reality.

Armstrong would be either on a wing or small forward, he made the emergency list for pretty much the entire second half of the 2009 season so he's probably not that far off - but definitely not in our best 22 players. He should get his debut at some stage this year, but how long he has to wait is anyone's guess.

Everything the club has said indicates that Davis is a lock for Otten's position. It's only observers on BF who doubt that this will be a reality.

Armstrong would be either on a wing or small forward, he made the emergency list for pretty much the entire second half of the 2009 season so he's probably not that far off - but definitely not in our best 22 players. He should get his debut at some stage this year, but how long he has to wait is anyone's guess.
nooooooo

50% chance of being on the Wing
49% chance of being on the Half Back Flank
1% chance of being hidden away in the Back Pocket

is chris knights too pricey to put in my team? will he score consistently big next year?

also how about vince should be around 520K (SC). worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back