DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to read Craig's comments yesterday that he sees Dangerfield developing into a really good forward. I can't help but feel we're going to continue to see him split his time roughly 50/50 in 2011.
Where was this?

It was article about how Dangerfield is vowing to be smarter about when to go into packs and when to hang outside
An interview with him earlier in the year he said the same stuff where he had to be smart about taking his turn in going in and under the packs and hanging out, he said it had been something he had been working on.

Patty's disposal efficiency doesn't hurt his scoring as much as you'd think. For a bloke who only averaged 15 touches, he still averaged 70 last year in SC despite his low disposal efficiency. Champion Data have a pretty complex algorithm for calculating their scores, where a disposal in the forward half which misses a target wouldn't punished as much as one in the back half, for example.

Considering Patty would win the vast majority of his touches in the forward half, his poor disposal efficiency isn't such an issue. He also covers a lot of ground with his possessions, as well as ranking high with clearances, hard ball gets, inside 50's, contested marks and goals which all help jack up his score.

I've been super impressed by what I've seen of Patty so far this season, I think this may be the year that he takes that next step.

Re van Berlo, has shown in the past that he can find a bit of the pill, I probably wouldn't bother in SC, but could make for a good unique pick in DT.

SC rewards players like Dangerfield who win a lot of their own ball. Hence he doesn't need a lot of touches to get a decent score happening. Plus he kicks goals which always helps.

You can't seriously argue that a goal kicked when you are up/down by 10 goals is as difficult as a goal kicked with scores level and thirty seconds left in a match.

This is why I prefer SC over DT as it has a scoring system better equipped to reward the players with the most influence on the game. Compare someone like Judd who gets the scores he deserves in SC where as in DT he really isn't a factor in anyone's teams because it's scoring system values an uncontested kick which misses the target the same as a 50 meter pass under pressure straight onto the chest of a team mate. SC still isn't flawless though.

Ironically I actually did better in DT than SC last year.

Interesting to read Craig's comments yesterday that he sees Dangerfield developing into a really good forward. I can't help but feel we're going to continue to see him split his time roughly 50/50 in 2011.

See I like most of us see Danger as a key to our midfield in the future so whilst I don't mind him resting up forward for a break as he is quite good up there. I don't want him to split his time there 50/50 like last year, in fact I would almost see this as a failure to develop him into the midfielder we all crave.

Here's the Sunday Mail article:

Consistency the key for Dangerfield

"He's bullish, Patrick. He just loves playing the game," Craig said last week.

"His competitive nature, in my time it is as good as I've seen for a kid of his age.

"His capacity to win the ball is exceptional."

Craig can see Dangerfield developing into lethal forward - his kicking for goal has improved - and game-breaking midfielder.

"We've got to try and add a bit more polish. He can run and carry, but it's not his natural game," Craig said.
Worth reading the whole article.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...rick-dangerfield/story-e6frecj3-1226008744191

SC rewards players like Dangerfield who win a lot of their own ball. Hence he doesn't need a lot of touches to get a decent score happening. Plus he kicks goals which always helps.
He does hurt his scores a bit at times with some of his iffy kicks, if he could fix that up a bit I think he could score a fair bit higher in SC whilst averaging the same amount of touches.

at the moment tossing up between knights and dangerfield for 1 spot in my forward line

looking for any info from crows fans which might help me sway one way or another?

thanks

... for supercoach please

EDIT: also looking for a bit of info on talia please?
how much is he expected to play this season. craig plaid davies in his 2nd season so thinking he might do the same with talia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at the moment tossing up between knights and dangerfield for 1 spot in my forward line

looking for any info from crows fans which might help me sway one way or another?

thanks

... for supercoach please

EDIT: also looking for a bit of info on talia please?
how much is he expected to play this season. craig plaid davies in his 2nd season so thinking he might do the same with talia

If Knights can get back on the park in the next few weeks or so then I would probably sway towards him. Dangerfield will be very up and down this year I believe and doesn't really have a great DT game (struggles to find space, not many marks etc.).

With Talia, I wouldn't be suprised to see him at some point during the season, however I'm not sure about RD1 though. Probably a better downgrade target rather than starting pick.

EDIT: Just noticed that you said for SC. In that case, Dangerfield is probably a much better prospect. Would still go with Knights though.

How's Callinan travelling, surely he's a chance to play the first few rounds if he has a few good NAB challenge games, would find that intriguing if he didn't, drafting a 27/28 year old and not playing him.

How's Callinan travelling, surely he's a chance to play the first few rounds if he has a few good NAB challenge games, would find that intriguing if he didn't, drafting a 27/28 year old and not playing him.
He's only on the rookie list at this stage. Probably a 50/50 chance of being in the team for R1.

I reckon Martin will play most games, but there seems to be a feeling around here that he's one of a handfull of players fighting it out for only a couple of positions.

McKernan is still up in the air - we'll have to see how he goes for the rest of the NAB Challenge matches. If he keeps kicking goals I'd be expecting to see 10+ matches. Otherwise, maybe a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back