D1 Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not much love for the friars even though the team of the year cfb couldn't crack a spot this week and we beat the oggers twice during the year, I think some are letting their heart get in the way. Although I don't think they bought their best to friar Park 2 weeks ago I think we should get them in a close one.

I think nobs will be a better team in the finals with the 56 year old silver fox marking everything. The pirates are a chirpy team at home but don't play as well away, I think they will sneak home though.

Pirates into Premier C in a low scoring scrap. Carr the difference.
Old Geelong comfortably.

Is the VAFA website score wrong? It has NOBS by 2 points?

BTW Bedford you are a grumpy man! Can't believe that you get so worked up over Kruze!! Good luck to Ormond they've always been a good club to play against.

Should be a very close game tomorrow, Friars boys are pretty determined to gove a good account!

Is the VAFA website score wrong? It has NOBS by 2 points?

BTW Bedford you are a grumpy man! Can't believe that you get so worked up over Kruze!! Good luck to Ormond they've always been a good club to play against.

Should be a very close game tomorrow, Friars boys are pretty determined to gove a good account!
I saw that it was 2 points to NOBS. No worries Jack, grumpy with flogs that don't know the truth. Good luck tommorow.

Yes, I was at Elsternwick Park.
The Pirates led for most of the day and certainly had their chances in the last quarter to seal it but couldn't.
NOBs kept at them all day and wanted it more in the end.
Congrats to them with their promotion to C Grade.

Amazing game, one of the most exciting I've watched in a long time!
Yes a very exciting finish. Extremely disappointing for all involved with the Friars but very proud of their efforts and congratulations to the Oggers, winning finals is what it is all about!! Lots of chances either way for teams running through to the extra time! The game was a foerce contest and skills pretty good despie the wind. Didn't think there were many passengers on either side a really good final. Good luck to the remaining teams hope that the two 2 point results are a indication of the remainder of the finals series.

Don't know what the ammos can do about EP but the surface was dreadfully uneven and the right forward pocket at the the Glen Huntly Rd end downright dangerous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Kruezing. Huge win. I left at the 29 min mark and your boys looked safe.

Not even sure which club you are from but nice work chiming in after the result, didn't hear much from you before and I doubt I would have if it had gone the other way, thanks for making me look less a keyboard warrior.

Yeah a gut wrenching loss for the friars, a lot of good individual performances from both sides with not many backwards steps. Dissapointing to not see a single old Geelong person in the rooms after the game but at least they were consistant in that regard all year, I understand they have a final to prepare for but a quick powerade wouldn't hurt to hold up a great ammos tradition.

Will be interesting to see how the season pans out with the remaining 3 teams as everyone of them is a red hot chance.

Also what is going on with melbourne high and the muli-coloured jeans??

Not even sure which club you are from but nice work chiming in after the result, didn't hear much from you before and I doubt I would have if it had gone the other way, thanks for making me look less a keyboard warrior.

Yeah a gut wrenching loss for the friars, a lot of good individual performances from both sides with not many backwards steps. Dissapointing to not see a single old Geelong person in the rooms after the game but at least they were consistant in that regard all year, I understand they have a final to prepare for but a quick powerade wouldn't hurt to hold up a great ammos tradition.

Will be interesting to see how the season pans out with the remaining 3 teams as everyone of them is a red hot chance.

Also what is going on with melbourne high and the muli-coloured jeans??
There no good at that Geelong and rarely clean the away rooms. They have the best looking supporters though.

There no good at that Geelong and rarely clean the away rooms. They have the best looking supporters though.
Disappointed to hear that, thought we were normally pretty good in that respect but fair enough, will have to get on the case next year! Yes, there are some nice girls wandering como park

Great to see NOB's gun Matt Keown snare back-to-back league medals last night. Unbelievable player at this level, marks anything near him. Just needs the medal in 2 wknds time to compliment his 2 Pepper's.

It's a massive day for the Pirates at Central Reserve tomorrow with the U19s, Ressies and Seniors all playing.
Only one of these games has the added prize of club promotion to C Grade.
The forecast for tomorrow is for westerly to west-southwesterly winds up to 40kph throughout the day with a 50% chance of intermittent rain throughout the afternoon.
That means the wind will be blowing pretty much straight across Central Reserve.
The weather suggests plenty of running, inaccurate kicking, multiple contests and low scoring.
Last week's Div 2 semi-final at Central Reserve saw one side kick 6 goals and the other kick 5 goals.
In the big game for promotion, I am thinking that last weekend's extra 10 minutes of hard football on a big ground and one day less to recover has to have affected Old Geelong. Factor in that OG are a physically bigger side that relies on power marking and both my head and my heart tell me that the Pirates have everything in their favour, despite the fact that they have been defeated by OG twice this year (only by 8pts and 1pt).
This is going to be a cracker of a game. The Pirates by 14 points.
In the Ressies, the Pirates made a heap of mistakes and tinkered with a previously successful structure to lose to Old Geelong by 20 points last weekend. They have been the form side in the reserves for the second half of the season and I expect them to learn from their errors and account for MHSOB by 18+ points.
You don't often get the opportunity for all three teams in a Club to all play together at the same ground to gain entry in a Grand Final.
I'm tipping a big day for the POBFC.

I've just read the Div 1 Scribe's match report on the VAFA website. He was very diplomatic about the games at VAFA headquarters. When is someone going to say that, for a major football competition like ours, the league's football showcase is crap? It is a crap ground with suspect ground conditions, an atrocious playing environment when the wind blows (almost always), a lacklustre environment for supporters and overall a joke. There has been multiple announcements of relocation and renovation of Elsternwick Park. There would be at least 15 grounds in the Ammos that are better than our Association's headquarters. Why the hell can't the VAFA find a better home?
And the other issue I have is finals grounds. We can only play at grounds that are 'fully enclosed' so the VAFA can make money. If that's the case, why can't the VAFA start to think proactively?
The Balwyn Football Club uses temporary fencing at their EFL ground every home game to charge supporters.
Why can't the VAFA pick the best grounds for finals and do the same?

Why has the VAFA decided to play the D1 GF on a Sunday??? Ridiculous, surely in the great city of ours there's an up-to-standard ground available on a Saturday. Sure, Sandy is lovely to play on, but seriously, a farking Sunday??

Gee, this forum's been a struggle all year with posters.
I see AM has gone quiet after tipping Old Geelong for the flag.
I wish you well, Bedford, with this forum next year - I suspect it's going to be hard work.
I'm looking forward to joining C Grade which is a much more interactive forum.

I wish you well, Bedford, with this forum next year - I suspect it's going to be hard work.

Very quiet Rissoles,

What match ups are you looking forward to this weekend?
Who is your tip?
Likely best on ground winner? Smokey?
Where will it be won and lost?

Thanks mate, good luck in C, we will be there in 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back