Opinion Did Taranto and Hopper make a mistake leaving the Giants for Richmond?

Did Taranto and Hopper make a mistake leaving the Giants for Richmond?

• Yes

Votes: 255 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 98 27.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of Richmond fans even said at the time we didn't need Hopper if we were getting Taranto.
It's just a shame Hopper didn't choose Geelong.
Players don’t choose Geelong, we choose them and then they can’t get themselves here quick enough!

Geelong are THE destination club. Obviously.

He has been very impressive this season. His ferocity at the contest has been tremendous.
He was never going to crack into that GWS midfield. Never wanted to remain in that soulless part of the state.

Turning into a pretty decent footballer.
I said he reminded me a lot like Taylor Adams (must have been a pea heart too?), but he looks to have a bit more polish to his game than Taylor.
Been an awesome pickup. Will be a 10+ year player for us without doubt.

These two absolutely did, in terms of Richmond's current on field results.
In terms of what's best for them financially? Moving to Richmond was probably the better choice. That probably only really matters if that was their motivation for moving.

In terms of how GWS are currently performing, there's no way of knowing if they'd be doing as well if they were playing Taranto and Hopper over whoever has taken their spots.

In terms of how GWS are currently performing, there's no way of knowing if they'd be doing as well if they were playing Taranto and Hopper over whoever has taken their spots.
GWS turned it around because they went from a clueless coach to a good one.

Taranto is still a star and it's ignorant to think he wouldn't help the team.

GWS turned it around because they went from a clueless coach to a good one.

Taranto is still a star and it's ignorant to think he wouldn't help the team.
That's certainly a factor, but it's arrogant to think you can pinpoint one particular thing that turned them around, while ignoring other potential improvements.

I never said that he wouldn't help them (and you tried to call me ignorant). I said it's impossible to know. That's kind of the complete opposite of ignorant.

As for Taranto being a star... He's a pretty decent player. Probably borderline star. He is absolutely deplorable by foot. He and Wines are the only players in the top 50 for average disposals who go at less than 50% by foot. And he's improved his kicking slightly so far this year. Last year he went at 43.3%. The worst of anyone who averaged more than 20 disposals (118 players). The single worst efficiency by anyone who took more than 80 kicks for the year.

So before you go calling someone ignorant for something they didn't say, maybe pump the brakes and take the sand out of your vagina. I know you don't like me as a poster (I'm assuming you still give most of my posts a thumbs down, but I don't see it because you're usually on ignore), but when you have to make things up that I didn't say in order to get annoyed by my post, maybe it's time to put me on ignore also. It'll give you one less thing to get upset about.

That's certainly a factor, but it's arrogant to think you can pinpoint one particular thing that turned them around, while ignoring other potential improvements.

I never said that he wouldn't help them (and you tried to call me ignorant). I said it's impossible to know. That's kind of the complete opposite of ignorant.

As for Taranto being a star... He's a pretty decent player. Probably borderline star. He is absolutely deplorable by foot. He and Wines are the only players in the top 50 for average disposals who go at less than 50% by foot. And he's improved his kicking slightly so far this year. Last year he went at 43.3%. The worst of anyone who averaged more than 20 disposals (118 players). The single worst efficiency by anyone who took more than 80 kicks for the year.

So before you go calling someone ignorant for something they didn't say, maybe pump the brakes and take the sand out of your vagina. I know you don't like me as a poster (I'm assuming you still give most of my posts a thumbs down, but I don't see it because you're usually on ignore), but when you have to make things up that I didn't say in order to get annoyed by my post, maybe it's time to put me on ignore also. It'll give you one less thing to get upset about.
Cool your jets. You literally said "there is no way of knowing". That is ignorant.

And Taranto not a star? Pretty unknowledgeable thing to say of the Tiges reigning BnF.

He is a pea heart. Needed mummy to give him hugs at night.
Nice try.

We will always be "friends of the Giants" after giving us Bruhn and (especially) Cameron, then sinking Richmond with the Taranto/Hopper deals.

It is more than a fair trade for you to be able to call Bruhn a mummy's boy, so have at it. I imagine it must be thrillingly cathartic! Works for the Pies and O.Henry.

Nice try.

We will always be "friends of the Giants" after giving us Bruhn and (especially) Cameron, then sinking Richmond with the Taranto/Hopper deals.

It is more than a fair trade for you to be able to call Bruhn a mummy's boy, so have at it. I imagine it must be thrillingly cathartic! Works for the Pies and O.Henry.
Meh just factual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a pea heart. Needed mummy to give him hugs at night.

Ridiculous comment.

This is one of my pet hates on big footy or in society in general.

Who the hell are you to make a commentary on what makes someone comfortable in their personal life?

How does that define their ‘heart’ relative to their standing in the world of football?

Pretty sure if you put on the boots and had a 95kg ball of muscle run at you you’d probably s**t your pants mate. But he doesn’t.

Does that make you a pea heart?

Ridiculous comment.

This is one of my pet hates on big footy or in society in general.

Who the hell are you to make a commentary on what makes someone comfortable in their personal life?

How does that define their ‘heart’ relative to their standing in the world of football?

Pretty sure if you put on the boots and had a 95kg ball of muscle run at you you’d probably s**t your pants mate. But he doesn’t.

Does that make you a pea heart?
So family member or?

So family member or?

What, because I don’t equate wanting to move to one’s home state with the ‘level of heart’ someone has?

How old are you, 14?

It’s football. For someone giving it to a player about his pea heart, it sounds like yours is about the size of an atom given how much you’re crying about him making a career decision.

Yeah Phat. Yeah.

Mate you’re here two seasons later wetting yourself because a guy left your club for whatever his reason was, and having a shot at him over it.

What’s sadder - him potentially wanting to move home for his own reason, or you being filthy about someone you don’t know seeking a job opportunity elsewhere and taking it personally and being dumb enough to think that someone looking at it logically ‘has to be related to him.’

I would say the same to literally anybody from any team who has the same attitude. I never ever get it. They are employees ffs looking to do the best they can in the shortest possible time in the environment that suits them best ffs. Why the hell does anyone think they have any say in it or any means to judge their character on it?

Mate you’re here two seasons later wetting yourself because a guy left your club for whatever his reason was, and having a shot at him over it.

What’s sadder - him potentially wanting to move home for his own reason, or you being filthy about someone you don’t know seeking a job opportunity elsewhere and taking it personally and being dumb enough to think that someone looking at it logically ‘has to be related to him.’

I would say the same to literally anybody from any team who has the same attitude. I never ever get it. They are employees ffs looking to do the best they can in the shortest possible time in the environment that suits them best ffs. Why the hell does anyone think they have any say in it or any means to judge their character on it?
You took that from 1 comment I’ve made.
Lol you are a dumpster fire.

Back