Dark Side of the Ring/Tales from the Territories (On SBS)

Remove this Banner Ad

I read stories about how toxic Andre’s shits were after a hundred vodkas, very funny. I’d happily cop an hour episode on his legendary drinking and bowel movements.
I don't want to see the character re-enactments of that.

Heard Jake the Snake recanting how a normal toilet was too small for him, so would use the bath instead. I feel sorry for the cleaning staff

Bruce Prichard said his other favourite was getting a newspaper, spreading it over the mattress and just using that to relieve himself.

Also left it for the cleaning staff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess Black Saturday is more the 'lighter side' of DSOTR.

It should be interesting to see how it is portrayed. Black Saturday did influence the Monday night Wars. It also was the death knoll for the territories. So the ramifications of it was huge. Now wether people want to see it as a positive or a negative is also highly subjective.

Topics:
  • Chris Adams
  • Sensational Sherri
  • Terry Gordy
  • Black Saturday (Vince McMahon purchasing Georgia Championship Wrestling in 1984 for access to its TBS time slot)
  • Chris Colt
  • The Sandman
  • Earthquake
  • Harley Race
  • Buff Bagwell
  • Brutus Beefcake

Who is Chris Colt???

Jesus

An infamous incident took place in Phoenix in 1975, when Colt was wrestling inside a steel cage. Before the match, Colt had injested the drug peyote, and this caused Colt to climb into the ring high, hallucinating spiders all over the structure. He panicked and started brawling with fans and security as he fled the arena. Due to Colt's drug issues, he was said to never work sober, but promoters saw no issue as he could still draw heat from the audience.

In 1986, Harris wrapped up his career in Alabama as the neo-nazi Chris von Colt, but continued to compete until the following year for Pacific Northwest Wrestling. Once wrestling was over, Colt, who was openly gay, starred in gay pr0n movies (e.g. “Sex Aggression: Jack Husky’s First Night At Chris Colt’s Wrestling Academy”) and was rumored to have become a born-again Christian in the 90s.

Death​

Harris died from AIDS on May 28, 1995, at the age of 48, at a homeless shelter in Seattle, Washington. Many reports list his year of death as 1996, but his grave stone reads 1995.

Who is Chris Colt???

The greatest wrestler you've never heard of. WAY ahead of his time (first guy to come out to rock music - Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare) and was doing a punk rock gimmick in the 70s. Amazing worker in terms of bumps but was a major drug abuser. He was also the first openly gay pro-wrestler. Incredibly well respected as a worker (I know Randy Savage spoke highly of him) but was so heavily into drugs that he was unreliable. Still he was a major regional draw. Jim Cornette wrote an amazing piece on him (which I can't find now).

The stories are amazing and it will make a terrific episode. I got totally in tracking down as much footage as possible of him. There was a match from Memphis on youtube (now gone) where he takes the best bump I've ever seen. He gets hit around the head with a chair, and with the chair still hanging around his neck, take a backwards somersault bump over the ropes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back