Dark Side of the Ring/Tales from the Territories (On SBS)

Remove this Banner Ad

Think it only gets slammed as should not have been main event (then again Diesel v Shawn sucked as much as a match can that involves Michaels so couldn't win here really). It was better than it should have been as a match.

Agree, it was way better than it should have been. In any other year, it would not have been the main event, That year they were lacking on main event talent. Still it was better than some of the main events.

What a strange episode.

It was barely even about Bash at the Beach, it was a story of Russo, Bischoff and Hogan just bitching about each other. Add Cornette and my tv might've ended up over the balcony.

I haven't liked this series of DSOTR, I feel like some of them haven't really been about what they're supposed to be about, and they haven't told particularly interesting stories.

No bro, it all went down like this bro, seriously bro, I did, I done, I have bro.

That annoying ******* Vince Russo?
bro, what you don't understand about wrest-a-ling is this bro... you see bro, I tried my best to write this show to get the ratings bro, but those damn Turner Standards and Practices bro, they always got it in the way.

What a strange episode.

It was barely even about Bash at the Beach, it was a story of Russo, Bischoff and Hogan just bitching about each other. Add Cornette and my tv might've ended up over the balcony.

I haven't liked this series of DSOTR, I feel like some of them haven't really been about what they're supposed to be about, and they haven't told particularly interesting stories.
Was thinking whilst watching this, how many parts would a hogan DSOTR episode be ???

Also after watching this grew alot of respect for Jeff Jarrett...

Last edited:
Was thinking whilst watching this, how many parts would a hogan DSOTR episode be ???

Also after watching this grew alot of respect for Jeff Jarrett...

Agree with the Jarrett part, was placed in a lose lose situation. As for Hogan he would sue over anything negative about him.

bro, what you don't understand about wrest-a-ling is this bro... you see bro, I tried my best to write this show to get the ratings bro, but those damn Turner Standards and Practices bro, they always got it in the way.
He was already terrible to listen to, but now you've pointed out the "wrest-a-ling" thing it's made it so much worse :tearsofjoy:

He was already terrible to listen to, but now you've pointed out the "wrest-a-ling" thing it's made it so much worse :tearsofjoy:
The best/worst part was, I was reading that post in Russo’s voice which made me both laugh and cringe. Talk about conflicted!

Seen the Marty Jannetty ep. (Season finale)

His foot looked f'd up as hell from rolling it 30 years ago.

Also in India a policeman let Marty borrow his bike to ride it around for a few minutes and he drove straight into a hotel lobby and hit a guy sitting next to a fountain.

In 05 Marty decided he was going to kill himself via an insane amount of drugs, and told god, "give me a sign as to why I should stop this", and all of a sudden Shawn Michaels rang for the first time in years and offered to help. Marty called it "The most pure 3 weeks of my life!".

Then he tagged with HBK, WWE offered a contract and said Marty will make a million bucks. Marty then gets arrested a week later and screws up the deal.

Seen the Marty Jannetty ep. (Season finale)

His foot looked f'd up as hell from rolling it 30 years ago.

Also in India a policeman let Marty borrow his bike to ride it around for a few minutes and he drove straight into a hotel lobby and hit a guy sitting next to a fountain.

In 05 Marty decided he was going to kill himself via an insane amount of drugs, and told god, "give me a sign as to why I should stop this", and all of a sudden Shawn Michaels rang for the first time in years and offered to help. Marty called it "The most pure 3 weeks of my life!".

Then he tagged with HBK, WWE offered a contract and said Marty will make a million bucks. Marty then gets arrested a week later and screws up the deal.
futurama-shocked.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another season of DSOTR done... what are some things that could be covered in the future, assuming there are new seasons ?
  • Haku / Meng
  • Hogan - highly doubtful
  • Teddy Hart

Another season of DSOTR done... what are some things that could be covered in the future, assuming there are new seasons ?
  • Haku / Meng
  • Hogan - highly doubtful
  • Teddy Hart

Would love to hear more about Meng/Haku.

Andre the Giant would also be interesting, although probably not controversial enough?

Man that Candido episode was so sad.

Cornette summed it up, Candido did nothing wrong to anyone, and as he had a chance to get his career back on track in TNA, he broke his ankle and dies a few days later post-surgery.
I remember his passing in mid 2005.

Yep he was in TNA with a broken leg .

They acknowledge his passing in WWE during the ECW one night stand PPV

Andre the Giant would also be interesting, although probably not controversial enough?
I read stories about how toxic Andre’s shits were after a hundred vodkas, very funny. I’d happily cop an hour episode on his legendary drinking and bowel movements.

I read stories about how toxic Andre’s shits were after a hundred vodkas, very funny. I’d happily cop an hour episode on his legendary drinking and bowel movements.
Yeah I have heard some Crazy Alcohol tales regarding Andre the giant. He drank 100 cans of beer in one sitting.

Meng/Haku would have some interesting fight stories.

Andre the Giant tales would be more about his alcohol consumption... if Anything lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back