Dark Side of the Ring/Tales from the Territories (On SBS)

Remove this Banner Ad

Seen them all except the Moolah episode now :) I'd like to share some more thoughts:

1. Bret "shitman" Hart = flog

Have a look at his pool room, he's practically wallpapered the place with photographs of himself! Who does that?!?!
You drop the belt when you leave. Arrogant of him to refuse and it speaks volumes of his shitty character that dear friends like Earl Hebner ran away from the arena after the match finished.
Thought it was funny when he described punching Vince though.

Shame they never interviewed THE HEARTBREAK KID for the episode. He is a genuine legend. Best wrestler ever. AND DON'T LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO SAY HE ISN'T NICE HE IS THE NICEST PERSON EVER (I know from personal experience).

PS heck Bret Hart.

2. Bruiser Brody = legend

That heckin' dude running around swinging a chain over his head in the arena, zero hecks about the safety of the fans, can't believe he never killed anyone. Amazing.

3. The Von Erichs episode is not positive and uplifting.

4. Scott Hall! I thought he was dead! Everyone said he did too many drugs and was going to die! But he looks GREAT! Jake Snake too!

5. Jim Cornette loves wrestling, what a legend! How good was him talking about out-living Vince Russo just so he can piss on his grave and photograph it and then hang it on his wall?!??!

6. Elizabeth :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Seen them all except the Moolah episode now :) I'd like to share some more thoughts:

1. Bret "****man" Hart = flog

Have a look at his pool room, he's practically wallpapered the place with photographs of himself! Who does that?!?!
You drop the belt when you leave. Arrogant of him to refuse and it speaks volumes of his ****ty character that dear friends like Earl Hebner ran away from the arena after the match finished.

Shame they never interviewed THE HEARTBREAK KID for the episode. He is a genuine legend. Best wrestler ever. AND DON'T LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO SAY HE ISN'T NICE HE IS THE NICEST PERSON EVER (I know from personal experience).

PS **** Bret Hart.

That ****in' dude running around swinging a chain over his head in the arena, zero ****s about the safety of the fans, can't believe he never killed anyone. Amazing.

4. Scott Hall! I thought he was dead! Everyone said he did too many drugs and was going to die! But he looks GREAT! Jake Snake too!

5. Jim Cornette loves wrestling, what a legend! How good was him talking about out-living Vince Russo just so he can piss on his grave and photograph it and then hang it on his wall?!??!

You met Shawn back in the 90s did you?

You met Shawn back in the 90s did you?
About ******* time someone asked me about that!!!!

YESSS! I DID!

He came down for a promotional tour and part of that was doing an in-store appearance at my local Toys R Us. It was a Wednesday midday appearance (or something) and he was billed to be there for (i think) 30 minutes signing autographs. Obviously I wagged school and headed straight there. I was hours early but I couldn't even see the store because everyone in Melbourne came down to catch a glimpse of the Heartbreak Kid. I was devastated. 30 minutes after the time he was supposed to have left and I wasn't even at the store's entrance. Eventually I got into the entrancw and my heart exploded because the line was ******* massive. A few people eventually turned away thinking there was no chance but most of the people didn't. An hour passed after the finishing time and I was like "yeah there's no way this is happening" but I had nothing else to do granted I'd ****ed school off so I stuck around. Then another hour past but he was still there, shaking everyone's hands and posing for photos and handing out autographs. I couldn't believe it. Another hour past- by this point he's gone well over 2 hours past the time he was scheduled for- and I eventually got to the front. I was so excited I couldn't talk. I got my autographed photo and turned around and the line was still huge. I dunno if he stayed to the end for everyone (I doubt it, place was rammed still when I left) but no one would have questioned him if he grabbed a mic and said "thanks for coming down, really sorry, but I have to be somewhere"... but he didn't because he's the best person in the world.

Absolute legend.

YESSS! I DID!

He came down for a promotional tour and part of that was doing an in-store appearance at my local Toys R Us. It was a Wednesday midday appearance (or something) and he was billed to be there for (i think) 30 minutes signing autographs. Obviously I wagged school and headed straight there. I was hours early but I couldn't even see the store because everyone in Melbourne came down to catch a glimpse of the Heartbreak Kid. I was devastated. 30 minutes after the time he was supposed to have left and I wasn't even at the store's entrance. Eventually I got into the entrancw and my heart exploded because the line was ******* massive. A few people eventually turned away thinking there was no chance but most of the people didn't. An hour passed after the finishing time and I was like "yeah there's no way this is happening" but I had nothing else to do granted I'd ****** school off so I stuck around. Then another hour past but he was still there, shaking everyone's hands and posing for photos and handing out autographs. I couldn't believe it. Another hour past- by this point he's gone well over 2 hours past the time he was scheduled for- and I eventually got to the front. I was so excited I couldn't talk. I got my autographed photo and turned around and the line was still huge. I dunno if he stayed to the end for everyone (I doubt it, place was rammed still when I left) but no one would have questioned him if he grabbed a mic and said "thanks for coming down, really sorry, but I have to be somewhere"... but he didn't because he's the best person in the world.

Absolute legend.

Lol, love it! But was that Shawn the prick or the post injury reformed Shawn Michaels?

YESSS! I DID!

He came down for a promotional tour and part of that was doing an in-store appearance at my local Toys R Us. It was a Wednesday midday appearance (or something) and he was billed to be there for (i think) 30 minutes signing autographs. Obviously I wagged school and headed straight there. I was hours early but I couldn't even see the store because everyone in Melbourne came down to catch a glimpse of the Heartbreak Kid. I was devastated. 30 minutes after the time he was supposed to have left and I wasn't even at the store's entrance. Eventually I got into the entrancw and my heart exploded because the line was ******* massive. A few people eventually turned away thinking there was no chance but most of the people didn't. An hour passed after the finishing time and I was like "yeah there's no way this is happening" but I had nothing else to do granted I'd ****** school off so I stuck around. Then another hour past but he was still there, shaking everyone's hands and posing for photos and handing out autographs. I couldn't believe it. Another hour past- by this point he's gone well over 2 hours past the time he was scheduled for- and I eventually got to the front. I was so excited I couldn't talk. I got my autographed photo and turned around and the line was still huge. I dunno if he stayed to the end for everyone (I doubt it, place was rammed still when I left) but no one would have questioned him if he grabbed a mic and said "thanks for coming down, really sorry, but I have to be somewhere"... but he didn't because he's the best person in the world.

Absolute legend.

was this at the Toys R Us at Chadstone? If so, this was 1998 at least.

YESSS! I DID!

Absolute legend.
I didn't realise you had a big footy account Shawn Michaels

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was this at the Toys R Us at Chadstone? If so, this was 1998 at least.
I'm pretty sure it was before 1998 (I don't think Shawn had ever won a heavyweight championship when I saw him). I'd stopped watching wrestling before then and didn't pick it up again until the Rock and Stone Cold were around.

I went to school near Southland and I'm sure it was there, but I'm not 100% the appearance being at a Toys R Us.

Pre-WrestleMania 14 Michaels was a dick. Post-WrestleMania 14 Michaels said and did the right things (to get back on TV). What I've heard.

Pre-WrestleMania 14 Michaels was a dick. Post-WrestleMania 14 Michaels said and did the right things (to get back on TV). What I've heard.
Post-WrestleMania 14 Michaels was still a pilled-up dick until his return to the company in mid-2002 when he finally cleaned himself up.

1. Bret "****man" Hart = flog

You drop the belt when you leave. Arrogant of him to refuse and it speaks volumes of his ****ty character that dear friends like Earl Hebner ran away from the arena after the match finished.

PS **** Bret Hart.

That ****in' dude running around swinging a chain over his head in the arena, zero ****s about the safety of the fans, can't believe he never killed anyone. Amazing.

1. I agree with you about Bret Hart.

He was so self-righteous to how others played politics, and when it came down to it, he did the exact same thing.

2. Never saw the Bruiser Brody episode. They seem to be showing them out of order. I saw an episode about Gino Hernandez instead.

3. I am seeing the Von Erichs episode next week. I imagine that it will be very sad.

4. Goldberg once said "Hasn't Scott Hall died yet? He should have".

Good to see both Hall and Jake clean. I hope DDP gets due credit for what he has done for them.

5. I can't agree with you on Jim Cornette. He comes across as someone really bitter, who hits out at companies who fired him (WWF, WCW, ECW).

I also found his comment about Russo as childish.

6. Agree on Miss Elizabeth.

I see Elizabeth as the "Princess Diana" of wrestling, both beautiful, tragic figures who were in unhappy marriages.

By the time he made it as a star (roughly 1994 onwards) that seems pretty fair. I know some people who met him in Japan in the early '90s and said he was totally cool. Maybe inside the business and outside he was very different (not hard to imagine).

You'd imagine Snuka and Benoit are automatic inclusions. Owen Hart would have to be another possibility.

I'd add Buck Zumhofe, Jake Roberts/Grizzly Smith, the WWF steroid scandal, Mel Phillips, Chris Candido, Eddie Guerrero, Brian Pillman and I'd love them to do an episode on Chris Colt. Possibly the most under-rated wrestler of all time, I've become a massive fan of his work but geez, his life was a mess. He was the first openly gay wrestler - highly respected by all of those who worked with him and employed him but was a massive drug abuser to say the least. The cage match/spider story is amazing.

The second season of Dark Side of the Ring will be interesting--- especially in regard to who they could get to talk on topics. Both Bruce Prichard and Eric Bischoff openly spoke in the first season, but I doubt either will be able to do the second one as both have returned to the WWE.

One topic I'd like to see them do that's a bit different than their current topic is the Departure of CM Punk from professional wrestling-- talk to Punk, Cabana, Ryback, etc. people that are now on the outside, but knew what was going on when Punk left the WWE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back