Resource COVID19 V - The Info Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cases are rising because the booster efficacy has dropped off. The vax only last 3-6 months with zero data on long term cumulative effects. 4th dose No thanks (Im 39 fit healthy and triple vaxxed, plus had omicron).

Cases are rising because most restrictions have been dropped and the weather is getting colder (and there's probably a little bit of waning booster efficacy in there too, but nowhere near as big an effect as you're implying here).

Cases are rising because most restrictions have been dropped and the weather is getting colder (and there's probably a little bit of waning booster efficacy in there too, but nowhere near as big an effect as you're implying here).

Within 6 months the efficacy is almost completely depleted. It has more to do with it than you are implying.

Cases are rising because the booster efficacy has dropped off. The vax only last 3-6 months with zero data on long term cumulative effects. 4th dose No thanks (Im 39 fit healthy and triple vaxxed, plus had omicron).

This was the argument against delaying the reopening originally, and to get through the peak before winter. Noone will ever really know either way (despite alot claiming to) and overall we're still doing pretty well.

My personal experince is thank god the 7 day iso is over, bloody good to leave the house. Minor sore throat for first 2 days and then nothing. Felt a bit crazy I was being paid to stay home from work feeling perfectly fine for at least 3 days but is what it is.

Weird thing is my son is continuing to test negative (RATs everyday and 2 PCRs) and is far sicker than anything I felt poor bugger. Looking like his is just the standard flu probably.

This was the argument against delaying the reopening originally, and to get through the peak before winter. Noone will ever really know either way (despite alot claiming to) and overall we're still doing pretty well.

My personal experince is thank god the 7 day iso is over, bloody good to leave the house. Minor sore throat for first 2 days and then nothing. Felt a bit crazy I was being paid to stay home from work feeling perfectly fine for at least 3 days but is what it is.

Weird thing is my son is continuing to test negative (RATs everyday and 2 PCRs) and is far sicker than anything I felt poor bugger. Looking like his is just the standard flu probably.

Agree. My misso has it now too, 1 yr old son sick as a dog but neg on RAT and PCR.

We all just should be mindful of just how much our politicians and Big pharma have lied to us about the Vax. Its totally unnecessary for most young people and children to be vaxxed. Vote accordingly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, found a packet. It gave me a couple of hrs of relief.

Otrivin is my go to, it usually lasts all night for me, but only lasting 4hrs with covid.

So im trying to ride it out during the day and only use it at night.

What is it? Any different than Fess saline spray for the kids?

Vote accordingly.

Done

Senator Cash said WA had gone its own way through the COVID-19 pandemic, giving the state a different perspective on politics.

"We were able to do it differently in Western Australia," she said.

"We were able to close the border and keep everybody else out and in doing that, we lived a life that really, across Australia, no one else lived."

Senator Cash believed the popularity of the Premier was key. "The vote was clear, Western Australians very much supported the approach of Mark McGowan," she said.

The election has come and gone, masks will be back within the week you'd think.

Because cases are going down, hospital/ICU rates are steady and no deaths have been reported?

10,013 cases (down from 11,557)
323 in hospital (down from 326)
9 in ICU (down from 11)
0 deaths (same as yesterday)

Active cases 87,103 (down from 90,651)

I think we're reaching to a point now where people have been infected even if they haven't known that they've had it which is creating herd immunity. We should soon start seeing a drop in numbers.

Even with subvariants they are saying there's around a 3% chance of being reinfected with it three months after.

Unless there's a variant that is more severe than omicron we are moving in the right direction.

Once the state of emergency hecks off well be on the right path.

I think it can be safely said that everyone is over this pandemic and just want to move on. Explains the election results

My nephew tested positive Monday, niece yesterday, sister today. Brother-in-law already caught it a month or so ago when overseas on a work trip. Other niece still OK. And my other sister tested positive a few weeks back.

My wife last Monday, me last Wednesday. Our son somehow avoided it (he stayed home with us from the moment my wife tested positive, because it would have been too hard to get him to kindy especially when I tested positive on what would have been his first day for the week (he goes Wed-Fri).

My parents have so far avoided it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back