Preview Changes and Preview Thread vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I note that Darcy Byrne-Jones is named in defence
May I ask why you pay attention to the positions players are named as on the team sheet?

Has there been a time where the team sheet has served as an accurate dataset for you or something?

We all know where DBJ will play.

And it's not in defense.

Bombers fans seeing Jonas selected

Vince Vaughn Party GIF

No point in melting about Jonas he was always going to play. I note that Darcy Byrne-Jones is named in defence, so much for the forward experiment. I actually thought we got something out of DBJ up forward.

Scott Lycett named as I/C for the Port Magpies. I would say Scott has some issues as there appears to be some doubt about his ability to run out a full game.
Id say DBJ will be forward. We always fox with team sheets.

I expect Evans to be sub. Thought he was a smokie to be picked after a good SANFL game.

Can't believe Teakle is still there. It's amazing the ride he's getting. Make no mistake, the jokes we make about Simon Phillips, etc will be made about him one day. Literally one of the worst players to have ever played in our AFL squad. Hopefully he is at least played as 3rd forward and 2nd ruck for a majority of the game, that I could at least handle. He's a far better forward than he is ruck.

David King doing some analysis on Port.

JHF, Boak, Butters, Drew making clearances #2 in the AFL for metres gained from stoppages.

Also #1 for clearance from stoppage by hand.

Got joshs' fingerprints all over it. We've already moved into post hinks mode, bookmark it boys n girls.

On aa Josh spoke of a collaboratry coaching panel which I took to mean, leave the kenneth on the bench and out of it.

In fact, turn his headset off.

Frank the Tank and le Frog are both safe options and well deserved.

Like'm both

I expect Evans to be sub. Thought he was a smokie to be picked after a good SANFL game.

Can't believe Teakle is still there. It's amazing the ride he's getting. Make no mistake, the jokes we make about Simon Phillips, etc will be made about him one day. Literally one of the worst players to have ever played in our AFL squad. Hopefully he is at least played as 3rd forward and 2nd ruck for a majority of the game, that I could at least handle. He's a far better forward than he is ruck.

I've bought in... what else can you do.

Put on your rose coloured glasses and start polishing, it's the only way being offered.

Kinda take it or leave it scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May I ask why you pay attention to the positions players are named as on the team sheet?

Has there been a time where the team sheet has served as an accurate dataset for you or something?

We all know where DBJ will play.

And it's not in defense.
Hopefully he will play forward and it’s true the teams placement is something I don’t take much notice off these days.
If you want to go back long enough in the sanfl hay days players used to line up basically as selected.
Example Full back and Back pocket was a real position held by one player week in week out all year.

How do the coaches even justify Jonas’ inclusion to the playing group. We just beat top of the table Saints away from home but sorry lads, out of form skip must return.

Last edited:
No point in melting about Jonas he was always going to play. I note that Darcy Byrne-Jones is named in defence, so much for the forward experiment. I actually thought we got something out of DBJ up forward.

Scott Lycett named as I/C for the Port Magpies. I would say Scott has some issues as there appears to be some doubt about his ability to run out a full game.
Round 5: Selection: Burt-in for Bulldogs battle
Selection vs Bulldogs DBJ named at the half back flank

Round 6: Selection: Port Adelaide to unleash debutant against Eagles
Selection vs Eagles DBJ named at the half back flank

Round 7: Selection: Dixon back to battle ladder-leading Saints
Selection vs Saints DBJ named at half back flank

But yeah, the forward experiment is over.

I'm ok with Dumont in if the decision has been made that Jackson and Sinn would be better off with a few more SNAFL weeks for their development. Its not like either has been bashing the door down for 6 months and needs the run, we have 17 rounds in front of us.

I'm ok with Dumont as sub regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back