Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

In the history of VFL / AFL, there have only been TWO comebacks from 7 goals down at 3qt.

Brisbane lead by 43 pts.
BT to Joel S…. “How much belief do you have as a player that you can come back in these situations?”

Staring Ed Helms GIF by The Office

He's actually pretty good. And I wasn't expecting him to be good.
He has done an apprenticeship on radio and hasn't been thrown on TV straight out of retirement. Makes a big difference

Last edited:
BT often has moments where he forgets that he's on Ch7, not MMM, so the filter that he needs to apply to his language goes missing.

I recall a comment he made about goal umpire Chelsea Roffey as she was straddling the goal line during the pre-game warm-up on a Ch7 broadcast.

What he said was IMHO a sackable offence but we all know the standards of Ch7.

BT often has moments where he forgets that he's on Ch7, not MMM, so the filter that he needs to apply to his language goes missing.

I recall a comment he made about goal umpire Chelsea Roffey as she was straddling the goal line during the pre-game warm-up on a Ch7 broadcast.

C‘maan, you can’t leave it there!

He's good on MMM and putrid on 7.

Hopefully he forgets more often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well what did he say?

Thought maybe some would have recalled...

Said he was "aroused" which brought about stifled and embarrassed guffaws from his fellow commentators.

Maybe 6 or 7 years ago??

I know Ch7 is the dregs, but something like that I thought would be even below their standards.

I’ve noticed this quite a lot lately. Pumping up teams excessively, to be in the game still while 30 points down in the last quarter. Did they get a directive from AFL HQ on this I wonder?
They have always done it, but especially the last few years... I assume it is just to try make it sound interesting so that people don't turn off the game. Of course we are all idiots who can't see the game with our eyes so rely on the commentary to explain to us if a team is coming back or a chance to win...

What stage of the game is this? Need to go back and listen
It must have been around half time/start of 3rd quarter. I don't even know how it came up but they were talking about things young people do... there was dead silence after it, then I think he even mentioned it again & someone finally butted in. Just Bizarre Scenes.

It must have been around half time/start of 3rd quarter. I don't even know how it came up but they were talking about things young people do... there was dead silence after it, then I think he even mentioned it again & someone finally butted in. Just Bizarre Scenes.
Jack Payne like planes, bit of a plane spotter.

BT suggested it’s a good night out, watching them land and take off.
Suggested Daisy T go with his new wife
Then literally said “ sit in the car with handies”.
Then a minute later, “used to be you could go to the drive in, now you go to the airport”.

Then a minute later, “used to be you could go to the drive in, now you go to the airport”.
🤦‍♂️

Wow.Weeee.
What in the actual could he be referring to? (if not that)
At a stretch I thought maaaybeee hand warmers?... but heck, I really don't know

Remove this Banner Ad

Back