Mega Thread CasualChat 🍰 Cake Connoisseurs Thread 🍰 Vote in the Poll and tell Wosh they’re pretty to Receive your Cake Badge! 🍰 🍸

What is your favourite cake/dessert?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We used this dodgy sweetener that we made a pavlova with and it just overpowered it, if I try it again I’ll use stevia which I can tolerate the taste of. Would probably do a cream cheese icing too.
I use Natvia in cafe coffee, Sugarine in my home brewed coffee, and Splenda in tea. I have forever. Occasional tsp sugar if I have none of the above on me, eg at someone’s house. Funny, our habits 🤔

Feeling retro today so baking a :pineapple: Upside down cake (sans cherries, I can't find proper maraschino cherries)

Been years since I've made one so hoping for a good cake and even better a smooth turnout from the cake pan.

Used to try turning them out too early and making a smashed pineapple upside down cake in the past.

No pictures yet, still baking.

Smells nice though.

Feeling retro today so baking a :pineapple: Upside down cake (sans cherries, I can't find proper maraschino cherries)

Been years since I've made one so hoping for a good cake and even better a smooth turnout from the cake pan.

Used to try turning them out too early and making a smashed pineapple upside down cake in the past.

No pictures yet, still baking.

Smells nice though.
Can’t wait to see it 👏🏻 prefer tasting it lol

Eating Tiramisu

Did not make it - delivered from central market
Is that from that awesome cake shop in there? I believe they have a Greek vanilla slice I need to try

Is that from that awesome cake shop in there? I believe they have a Greek vanilla slice I need to try
Yes Providore, all their cakes can be purchased online:

I did make Galaktoboureko last weekend, but forgot to photograph it. We ate half Saturday night, and the kids had eaten the other half for breakfast before I got up Sunday!

I did make Galaktoboureko last weekend, but forgot to photograph it. We ate half Saturday night, and the kids had eaten the other half for breakfast before I got up Sunday!
That’s the one, doubt they will deliver 100km away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m visiting Adelaide next week, and this has now been added to my list of places I may just have to visit to see what they have

Actually, Gralin probably knows where I live after I doxxed myself in a fit of uber eats rage...
THE UBER DRIVER IS GOING IN THE WRONG WAY

arrows drawn on map

short time later dogs has a lightbulb moment 😂

THE UBER DRIVER IS GOING IN THE WRONG WAY

arrows drawn on map

short time later dogs has a lightbulb moment 😂
I always feel sorry for the modern pizza dude. The motley collection of pot heads and rev heads that I worked with would have dealt with the age of GPS and mobile phones very badly.

I always feel sorry for the modern pizza dude. The motley collection of pot heads and rev heads that I worked with would have dealt with the age of GPS and mobile phones very badly.
not sure about that, much easier to find places in general now, especially at night when you can't read street signs or house numbers a lot of the time

bigger issue for them would be the cops

I am regretting not getting chocolate. Haven't eaten it for months. I know that when I do, I'll demolish it.
Well Naturally is a passable sugar-free chocolate. I get the dark with peppermint or almond chips. One piece after dinner is good.

I worked with a couple of guys who were all at sea whenever they had to deliver to a house on a battleaxe block.

Back