Bye bye Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winning Round 24 last year vs the Suns was exactly what we needed. Set up a winning culture. Cost us a big bodied mid - something we seriously lack. You couldn't make this stuff up.

I'm not OK with being perpetually shyte. And having said shyte seeping through the joint to almost become its defining feature. I'm not OK with being totally irrelevant to the rest of the competition. Being a laughing stock. I'm not OK with having my passion and interest slowly being stripped away, having people look at me pityingly like a bus just ran over my dog when I say I'm a North supporter and becoming numb to the ineptitude we put on the park week after week, season after season.

What I am OK with is at least being the side that doesn't tank. Maintaining some drop of integrity amidst an ocean of abject failure. I'm also OK with who we drafted with our early picks last year.

Last edited:
Losing Thomas hasn't helped and the only players that would come our way are those that aren't much chop.
We have to bide are time. No other option
But I do agree some of the selections are a tad baffling.

Also I will add Sonja doesn't say ,

" Oh well"
What does she say? FFS, FMD and FML?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

We don't have angry Clarko any more. We have soft, cuddly Clarko who may have very well had all energy sucked out of him by the racism investigation. Who knows. His jovial behaviour and even holding the ball shenanigans in the boundary vs Freo last year are just something he never did under Hawthorn when they were challenging.

A massive, massive red flag to me was letting the players pick the captains / leadership group and then we ended up with McDonald and Simpkin and supported by Corr. What that says about Clarko and indeed the playong group says a lot.
Agree with you totally Ardent . Soft cuddly Clarko also expands to the after match pressers. He’s also has turned to “must not offend , talk up any positive he can scrape up from a pile of 💩 & BS he’s way out of it ! “
us as paid Loyal members (& I know it’s a different era blah blah ….) expect to be paying $1M per year for a bit of the old harder nose Clarko who expected only 110% effort or duck off, body on the line & players genuinely upset / pissed off after a loss & not accept players walking off with smiles on their faces & joking around with their opponents who have just bent them over & ____ for 120min .

Last edited:
Thought I would get in early.
Think he’s lost the plot ….
Game & game plan has gone way passed him .
Way out of his depth now . Alone with a whole bunch of rookie coaches .
You can’t just coach on name especially after what he’s gone in & out of the footy club . Stay tuned for some announcements . It’s the North way

We don't have angry Clarko any more. We have soft, cuddly Clarko who may have very well had all energy sucked out of him by the racism investigation. Who knows. His jovial behaviour and even holding the ball shenanigans in the boundary vs Freo last year are just something he never did under Hawthorn when they were challenging.

A massive, massive red flag to me was letting the players pick the captains / leadership group and then we ended up with McDonald and Simpkin and supported by Corr. What that says about Clarko and indeed the playong group says a lot.

While this thread is very premature I can’t disagree with this.

Just wait until we don’t win many games at all this year and end up being bottom 4. I think the pitchforks will come out as we expected Clarko presence alone would have lit a fire under the players ass to win

But we go into every game with little to no confidence (including the supporters lol)

What does she say? FFS, FMD and FML?

Well I hope Sonja in her most smartarse tone says, " well el clarkos how'd your pygmy fwd line go and which one of Greenheads four hit outs impressed you the most.
Did you like his one mark, playing as a KPF/ruck?"

"oh and I near forgot, shut up about occasional dark clouds, it's been pissing down for over four ****en years! We may need to build a farking ark. In case you missed it el clarkos Brisbane's quarter time score of 7.3 45 defeated our final score of 6.6 42. So get the **** out of that highchair and get to ****ing work.

Now that's Sonjas views not mine, I've no issue with Greenheads playing, but not at the expense of attempting to have a functioning fwd line.
Attempt being the key. My crazy mind is struggling to see wtf he's attempting to achieve.

Old mate who been around is a great example of how the innerworkings view things differently, he's a rusted on Stephenson fan, and I assume he aint the only one who visits Arden St with the same view.

I'd never play him again, but I also cannot chat about him as the conversation escalates rather quickly. And I honestly think when they select the team ,it is the team they feel with the best chance of winning.

I mean as a mug in the stands does it matter if your best chance is a 'blue moon' or do you pick the guys that are the future and will currently only win during a 'total eclipse'.

Or is a blue moon/total eclipse the same thing FIIK tbh and FMD etc.

oh well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are at phase cuddly clarkos, that will change, he did the exact same thing at the Hawfs. Matey mates and then when he felt it was time he went whack.

Now the 'whack' may well be left field delistings/trades etc.

No issue with cuddly Clarko right now.

What good is screaming at a bunch of kids and blokes who aren't good enough going to do? It might satisfy the man in the outer for 5 minutes, that's about it. I guess some think that's the most important thing.

FMD, FML, FFS as we say.

No issue with cuddly Clarko right now.

What good is screaming at a bunch of kids and blokes who aren't good enough going to do? It might satisfy the man in the outer for 5 minutes, that's about it. I guess some think that's the most important thing.

FMD, FML, FFS as we say.

So without naming names how many on the field just last yesterday do you see in the side in season 2026?
No right or wrong answer to this of course.

The red flag part is what does it for me - If McDonald is the best we can do as a captain we are NEVER going anywhere. think the knocks to the head have hurt Simpkin as well.
Time for a bold move ala the Carey days and appoint Larkey with Sheezel and Wardlaw and let the kids lead us because at least they give a :poo:
Harry will captain the club next year

So without naming names how many on the field just last yesterday do you see in the side in season 2026?
Safely a dozen. Probably more as even the best teams carry a shit truck or 2. They just don't get exposed by their limitations when they're surrounded by experience and quality.

Well I hope Sonja in her most smartarse tone says, " well el clarkos how'd your pygmy fwd line go and which one of Greenheads four hit outs impressed you the most.
Did you like his one mark, playing as a KPF/ruck?"

"oh and I near forgot, shut up about occasional dark clouds, it's been pissing down for over four en years! We may need to build a farking ark. In case you missed it el clarkos Brisbane's quarter time score of 7.3 45 defeated our final score of 6.6 42. So get the * out of that highchair and get to ****** work.

Now that's Sonjas views not mine, I've no issue with Greenheads playing, but not at the expense of attempting to have a functioning fwd line.
Attempt being the key. My crazy mind is struggling to see wtf he's attempting to achieve.

Old mate who been around is a great example of how the innerworkings view things differently, he's a rusted on Stephenson fan, and I assume he aint the only one who visits Arden St with the same view.

I'd never play him again, but I also cannot chat about him as the conversation escalates rather quickly. And I honestly think when they select the team ,it is the team they feel with the best chance of winning.

I mean as a mug in the stands does it matter if your best chance is a 'blue moon' or do you pick the guys that are the future and will currently only win during a 'total eclipse'.

Or is a blue moon/total eclipse the same thing FIIK tbh and FMD etc.

oh well
A common theme amongst my Hawthorn mates when Clarko first started there was "what the **** are we doing"..."how are these campaigners getting a game" and "how the **** is he captain".....

He may never get us to those heights, but there is just possibly method behind his perceived madness.

Tucker, Corr, Greenwood, McDonald, Shiels, Stephenson, Stephens, couple of others are lineball. 1/3 of the team 😭

He was throwing chairs last year. He has goes at opposition players, he berates journos.

You need to build relationships before you can rip em apart. Thats next year Clarkson. Solid relationships first.

Anyway, im outski of this shit narrow minded thread. This thread is more piss weak than sleevo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back