Toast Brad Ebert a true warrior

Remove this Banner Ad

love brad he tried hard but seriously does he deserve a thread?

I would say yes.....if we can’t celebrate those who epitomise Port Adelaide then all of the talk of history and tradition means nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

At the ground it looked like he got an elbow to the head.
Why wasn’t that a free kick?

did the telecast show something different?

Replay appeared to show that he copped an elbow to the head (entirely accidental) which seemed to send him half-limp making the contact with the ground much worse. Bit of a double whammy.

I'm ok with it not being a free, super courageous but just a football collision

Absolute ******* legend.

When he came back to his club he set the standard of what is required to play for Port. He never faltered in living up to that every game he played. A warrior to the end.

All the best Brad.

Huge respect to Brad as a person first and foremost, great guy.

As a footballer he was an exceptional player over a long period of time who always put the team before all else. That in itself is the highest praise any individual can get as a footballer IMO.

His legacy only enhances the Ebert/Obst family names.

Thanks for everything, Brad. All the very best for the future for you and your family.

This is possibly the single worst post I've ever seen on this board.

The guy left a powerhouse club to come to us when we were an absolute basket case on the brink of extinction, left everything he had on the field and lifted standards off it, racked up a collection of head knocks which forced him to retire early, had a last football act of getting concussed having no regard for his own future in a tight prelim other leaders didn’t stand up in and bears the most famous surname at our club which he did absolute justice to, but a tribute thread you could just ignore takes up too much space on the internet?

This is up there with the dumbest things I’ve read anywhere ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came in to pay my respects but saddened to see some supporters not wanting to do so or questioning the very need for a thread.

This guy put his head over the ball countless times for you, charged courageously into a pack late in the 4th and it has ended his career.

A selfless player and true team man. Isn’t that the essence of your culture ?

Leading from the front, giving everything he could do. He doesn’t have the talent of a Robbie Gray but he has more courage and commitment.

It should be respected, admired and celebrated.

Brave of him to get into the contest, knowing the impact was coming, brave and courageous decision to call time in his career.

My granddaughters favourite player.

Thanks Brad, enjoy retirement and your family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back