Toast Brad Ebert a true warrior

Remove this Banner Ad

I have so much love for Brad Ebert.

He’s been an absolute warrior throughout his career and retires as a champion of our club. I'm devastated that his career ended the way it did and that he'll never get the flag that he so very much deserves.

As nasty as that last incident was, it perfectly typified Ebo as a player.

For him and his family, I really hope he can have a healthy and happy life after football.

People talk about Boak and others committing to the club in our darkest hour, but the faith Ebo showed to come to the club when we were genuinely rock bottom in every way was just as important. He drove the standards from the moment he arrived and has been a key player ever since with his reliability, courage, skill and versatility.

I find it unbelievably fitting that in his last week as a Port Adelaide player he had the honour of wearing the #35 prison bar guernsey at training - both for what he and his family have meant to the club and for what his great mate J-Mac meant to him personally.

Love ya Ebo ♥

Commiserations on the loss tonight. I was genuinely terrified at the prospect of playing your guys on your own deck and tonight showed why -- you're a very good outfit and I think there are good things in your future.

With that out of the way, let me get onto the real reason I came to your board...

So sorry to see Ebert get another concussion doing what Ebert always does -- putting himself on the line for his mates and his club.

I wish him a speedy recovery with no long term problems. I hope he has a long and happy retirement. A great loss to the game and to Port. I wish him nothing but good things.

The more I think about it the more I'm sadder about this than I am about the loss. This bloke sacrificed his career tonight in one final act trying to win Port Adelaide a flag and we couldn't bring it home for him. ****ing shattering.

To be honest after his run of concussions and the amount of games he missed last season i thought he might have pulled the pin last season but to see him come back and play so well especially in the last part of the season was awesome.

If you were going to war you'd want Brad in the trenches with you.

The courageousness he showed tonight typified Brad Ebert and that final play will be something i will never forget

The time was right though. For his health, family and his future he needed to retire.

I will miss him greatly but at the end of the day footy is just a game and he needs to take care of himself

Thanks Brad.. for everything you have given and sacrificed for your club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was incredible from Brad, and it will be remembered by all of us for a long time, not just port supporters. I knew Brad as a kid at school and he is an outstanding bloke, but all would agree needs to put himself first now. Just hope he is fine long term. Massive congrats on a great career Brad.

Just wanted to doff my hat to Brad Ebert.

He was obviously one of ours - for not a short period of time either - but his career and football at Port Adelaide will be what he is remembered for and rightly so.

Even as a young bloke at WCE he was as hard as a cat’s head and spoken about as a future leader - was always begrudgingly pleased to see him go on and have a fine career with Port.

Bad luck tonight - a great season from your boys.

Sold him a pair of Sunglasses once when I worked at Sunglass hut...wish I could have told him back then what I think of him now.

Absolute legend of the club, the definition of a warrior and what it means to be Port Adelaide. As much as I'd give my left one to see him run out in the prison bars again he needs to stop now for the one thing he's never once thought about in his time here...himself.

On the Freo everyone have huge respect for this warrior. Has had a stunning turn around since crossing to Port and would have to be penciled in every week. You always know what you are gonna get from him through hard work, great career.

Condolences on the loss lads / ladettes. From an outsiders point of view I think you will be thereabouts for a few years yet. One question that needs to be asked is Hinkley. I see similarities with Ross in the way he can make you ultra competitive with a taxing game plan but struggles to take the next step. I hope he can prove me wrong.:thumbsu:

Im crying right now. I knew it was coming but i cant believe it. He gave his all and when he was writteN off at the start of the year played the best last 5 games of his career. A true warrior. He bled black, white & teal... we love you EBO

I don't think Ebert knew any other way to end his career but to go out with a wack! It's so sad because if not for all these concussions he could have played at least another 2 to 3 years, this sucks and is so bloody sad. Thanks Brad for everything that you've given to this club, I wish that you could've got some reward for your loyalty but that's just the way footy is unfortunately! Hopefully the club offers Ebert some kind of role to keep him at the club if he's up to it

I dont know what to say... like damn Brad it was a pleasure and honour to watch you play and your last act on the football field is the stuff of legend... I'm just sorry we couldn't get over the line to give give you that flag you deserved with us.. but your name is etched in folklore Russell is a legend but so are you, thank you mate... thank you for everything... damn why am I crying I'm a grown ass man

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back