Best player from the 2016 Draft?

Best player from the 2016 Draft?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would rate them from now on in this order.

1.Bolton
2.S.Darcy
3. English
4. Marshall
5. Taranto
6. L.Ryan
7. Simpkin
8. Ridley
9. Powell-Pepper
10. McLuggage
11.Stewart
12. J.Daicos
13. McGrath
14. L.Ryan
15. Graham
Insane ranking of Stewart. I'd take 9 years of Stewart and 4+AA's over 15 years of SPP, Ridley, Simpkin and Luke Ryan at the very least.

If you take Stewart at 1 you have an older player who only has a few years left and who can get long suspensions so Stewart must be down the list imo.
I'd have S.Darcy and Marshall higher.
im talking redraft from initial age. also can get long suspensions is such a weak attempt at a dig lol.

Ah right. Should've known better than to assume that there was some logic to Stewart's low ranking, and instead it was just Richmond sour grapes over an incident everyone else has moved on from.

Does a rush of blood in an isolated game result in him logically being ranked lower than some comparatively average players?

I fear I am wasting my time with this post.

So a 200+ game career with at least 4 AAs and a premiership. How can you say any of the others should be ranked above?
It is easier to get an All Australian as a defender at Geelong as they play nearly half their games at Kardinia park and the backman play a lot of uncontested footy. Eg Corey, Enright, Scarlett. Good players but about 18 All Australians between them.
Stewarts big game record is good but nothing outstanding.

It is easier to get an All Australian as a defender at Geelong as they play nearly half their games at Kardinia park and the backman play a lot of uncontested footy. Eg Corey, Enright, Scarlett. Good players but about 18 All Australians between them.
Stewarts big game record is good but nothing outstanding.
troll fraud GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an ugly incel type gif .
I think you’ll find that it’s exactly what the opinion warranted in response. What an incredibly stupid argument to resort to. It would’ve been more beneficial to not have responded at all. Two of the players you named are Hall of Famers. There is genuinely no logical explanation to back up your ranking. This is the embodiment of “throwing s**t at a wall and seeing what sticks”.

It’d be more honourable to admit that you’re a biased Richmond supporter who is sour about Stewart’s cheap shot last year.

I'm certain I have forgotten some people but here we go.

DEFENDERS

1. Stewart (40)
2. Ryan (66)
3. Ridley (22)
4. McGrath (1)
5. Florent (11)

MIDFIELDERS

1. Taranto (2)
2. Daicos (57)
3. McCluggage (3)
4. Simpkin (12)
5. Parfit (26)

FORWARDS

1. Bolton (29)
2. Larkey (73)
3. Marshall (16)
4. Ainsworth (4)
5. Powel Pepper (18)

RUCKMAN

1. English (19)
2. Darcy (38)
3. Cameron (48)

Last edited:
I think you’ll find that it’s exactly what the opinion warranted in response. What an incredibly stupid argument to resort to. It would’ve been more beneficial to not have responded at all. Two of the players you named are Hall of Famers. There is genuinely no logical explanation to back up your ranking. This is the embodiment of “throwing s**t at a wall and seeing what sticks”.

It’d be more honourable to admit that you’re a biased Richmond supporter who is sour about Stewart’s cheap shot last year.
Still an ugly juvenile gif to post. Stewart had an average GF and will be retired soon.

Yeah right. I’ll take gif advice from the bloke making a mockery of this thread
I don't care if you're a trump incel type but I'm entitled to my opinion. Stewart has had his peak years and will start to fade.
In 7 years time he will be down the pecking order from this draft imo, especially with players like Bolton, Darcy, English ready to peak.

Mcluggage has played 1 good game this year.
Definitely started slowly to the year but has been getting back to form the last few weeks. And last night was a great example why he has been rated so highly for so long.

Between his consistent form over his career only really being behind Stewart from this draft, and games like last night show that anyone writing him off down the order for a redraft is nuts. He is still in the well in the argument for the top couple of players in this draft

Back