Best player from the 2016 Draft?

Best player from the 2016 Draft?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Stewart is a star but what goes against him when predicting the future compared to others in the poll is with some of them they haven't reached their peak or best football yet e.g. someone like Bolton is only 25 for the entire 2024 season while Stewart turns 31 in March.

He's of course been elite, but he's far closer to the end than others who are about to yet to hit their peak

Tom Stewart is a star but what goes against him when predicting the future compared to others in the poll is with some of them they haven't reached their peak or best football yet e.g. someone like Bolton is only 25 for the entire 2024 season while Stewart turns 31 in March.

He's of course been elite, but he's far closer to the end than others who are about to yet to hit their peak
I think when you line them up once they are both finished, Stewart will have had the better career. Ones a small forward ones a back, so no real point.

I think when you line them up once they are both finished, Stewart will have had the better career. Ones a small forward ones a back, so no real point.
Bolton was one example, I'm not saying he will be the guy better than Stewart, but he's a good example to highlight the age difference because I think he's one of the youngest from his draft, most of the other contenders also have a few more years than Stewart left and are coming into their peak rather than coming into their twilight years.

He's also not just a small forward pocket, he's a mid/forward or forward/mid depending on the game. I hope he spends more time middle as I think he still has growth there.

I think Stewart will leave enough in his shorter time to still be top 3 by the time his career is over.

It's an incredible draft. You can make two teams of 22 and nearly all are stapled into their side's best 22

Team 1:
B: Tom Stewart (Pick 40), Brennan Cox (Pick 41), Luke Ryan (Pick 66)
HB: Oliver Florent (Pick 11), Jordan Ridley (Pick 22), Andrew McGrath (Pick 1)
C: Harry Perryman (Pick 14), Tim Taranto (Pick 2), Josh Daicos (Pick 57)
HF: Sam Powell-Pepper (Pick 18), Mitch Lewis (Pick 76), Shai Bolton (Pick 29)
F: Cameron Zurhaar (RD Pick 11), Nick Larkey (Pick 73), Tyson Stengle (RD Pick 6)
R: Tim English (Pick 19), Jy Simpkin (Pick 12), Hugh McClugagge (Pick 3)
I: Sean Darcy (Pick 38), Rowan Marshall (RD Pick 10), Jack Henry (RD Pick 16), Will Hayward (Pick 21)

Team 2:
B: Zach Guthrie (RD Pick 33), Esava Ratugolea (Pick 43), Josh Battle (Pick 39)
HB: Mitchell Hinge (RD Pick 20), Griffin Logue (Pick 8), Isaac Cumming (Pick 20)
C: Patrick Lipinski (Pick 28), Brandan Parfitt (Pick 26), Jack Graham (Pick 53)
HF: Ben Ainsworth (Pick 4), Todd Marshall (Pick 16), Zac Fisher (Pick 27)
F: Jake Waterman (Pick 77), Darcy Cameron (Pick 48), Willie Rioli (Pick 52)
R: Oscar McInerney (RD Pick 37), Willem Drew (Pick 33), Jarrod Berry (Pick 17)
I: Robbie Fox (RD Pick 34), Jack Scrimshaw (Pick 7), Sam Draper (RD Pick 1), Jack Bowes (Pick 10)

Stewart by a fair margin. Rowan Marshall and Lukie Ryan have bolted into the top 10.

Tom Stewart fairly comfortably. Followed by Shai Bolton and Larkey. As a demon fan though, Larkey would be best for us given our lack of key forwards.

Back