Bendigo FL Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the rumours true about the young gun from Maryborough Darren Richards signing at Eaglehawk for next year will be a handy addition for sure

agree, k. rich --- matt brown is a big loss heading off to a dist. club not to mention all the other losses
maryb maggies MUST keep rinaldi --- were there any youngsters in the 2s from sept. who cood step up, maybe :confused:
think the bloke who won the grannie medal was youngish

Rinaldi training with the Bombers, along with 1 or 2 others. Plenty of youngsters in the 2's premiership, but quite a few of them know they can now get reasonable offers from MCDFL clubs, so a guaranteed regular senior game and a few bob is more attractive than getting trounced by Golden Square and largely ignored by local public.

... and the GF medallist was Jayden Hooper - great young kid with a wonderful work ethic. Will step up and do well, but would of course prefer to learn in a strong side.

Confirmed signings for 2011

Shannon Geary - K/Flat
Brendan Hehir - K/Flat
Daniel Geary - Huntly
Tom Dowd - Gippsland Power/Leongatha
Leigh Prior - Northern Bullants
Jake Hall - Northern Bullants
Sam Mildren - Newbridge
Ashley Trollope - Elmore
Bryce Curnow - Golden Square, aligning with Storm via Nth Ballarat (VFL)

Player profiles on these confirmed signings can be found at the following link:
http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...ask=DETAIL&articleID=13797063&sectionID=93466

More recruits to follow, Storm's preseason starting next Monday night @ Tannery Lane.
what are the boys from the ants like? think the old stormers can take it up too square?

My info is that Shannon Milward is all but over the line to play there next year.

Whilst on the subject of tigers (Coburg and Richmond variety) I read Jayke Barrack who played at South this year has AFL approval to train with Richmond and is listed as being from Coburg. Was he a VFL player aligned to South Bendigo this year?? Anybody shed some light there?
Looks like Kyneton may have missed their man. Ballarat thread says Millward to coach Koondrook/Barham

Could someone send through a link to the BFL 2011 Fixture?

Thanks.
Won't find it on the website.

Can someone please explain why the BFL website is so poor, it has no information on it and no sponsors mentioned, compared to Ballarat's website, the Bendigo Football leagues website is a joke.

Is the reason, no staff to update it or the staff are not prepared to give the football public information relating to the league.

round 1 2011, april 9th -- square v south; kyneton v hurst; gizzy v storm; flat v maine (sat night); eagleh v maryborough (sunday)

easter w'end, round 3, April 22nd-24th -- kyn v gizzy (good fri); eagleh v hurst (good fri); maryb v maine (good fri night); flat v south (easter sat night); square v storm (easter sun)

Hurst will play 1st 2 home games at huntly; south 1 st 2 home games at harry trott oval

after plumbing/oval works qeo ready for round 6, may 14th: hurst v south in the old rivals battle

some sunday games during the season; split round 14 on 23rd and 30th. two night games again in august, rds 16 and 17

grannie on Sept 24

new board members beres fitch & ronny cawthan. drummy stepped down as chairman at last nites a.g.m.

month for spit round 14 in 2011 should read JULY, lads

so July 23rd: storm v flat; south v maine [qeo]; kyneton v square

july 30th: hurst v maryborough [qeo]; gizzy v eagleh.

month for spit round 14 in 2011 should read JULY, lads

so July 23rd: storm v flat; south v maine [qeo]; kyneton v square

july 30th: hurst v maryborough [qeo]; gizzy v eagleh.

Thanks guys.

Does anyone have a link to the entire fixture?

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the arrangements with the Sandhurst games at Huntly? Will the Huntly FNC be involved at all?

The way the slaghead's recruiting is going... along with how many blokes have jumped ship... I'd say Huntly will be asked to provide players for the dragons as well... not just the ground :D

hurst are only playing 2 games at huntly, not 1/2 a season or anything similar
and maryborough have already lost darcy richards and yeah i know thats old news but i rekon matty aston will pull a few good ones in from the district league

Has there been any player movement at Maryborough? After their promising season last year it would be good to see them build on it this year.

Will lose quite a few players. Luke Treacy is Coaching Carisbrook, Lachy Woodward coaching Dunolly. The rumour mill over here is saying they are in all sorts of trouble, losing players to district league clubs. Perhaps up to 10-15 quality players !

I hope Maryborough recover though, the signing of Aston as coach will help them hopefully retain a few quality players and hopefully land some aswell, Good Luck to the Borough !!:thumbsu:

Good numbers turning up to Storm's pre-season so far with 56 players in attendance on first night (29/11). Good to see former coach Clint Whitsed at pre-season training too. Whits will probably only play a handful of games during season due to his new Assistant coach role at Pioneers.

AGM for Strath Storm this coming Monday night at 7pm at Tannery Lane. All members and supporters encouraged to attend !

Will lose quite a few players. Luke Treacy is Coaching Carisbrook, Lachy Woodward coaching Dunolly. The rumour mill over here is saying they are in all sorts of trouble, losing players to district league clubs. Perhaps up to 10-15 quality players !

I hope Maryborough recover though, the signing of Aston as coach will help them hopefully retain a few quality players and hopefully land some aswell, Good Luck to the Borough !!:thumbsu:

Aston will have his work cut out, by all reports in district league plus the few headed interstate they will slide you would assume

Only hope Aston doesn't turn into next coach that the club hate, massina, Thomson and fisher are all not welcome , so you would hope it doesn't happen to a favourite son wouldn't you!

Richards to eaglehawk is a huge one, you would think maryborough would of soughted him out and made sure no opposition club could target him, but I'm not here to tell them how to run their club

It seemed they did make big inroads last year so at end of day hopefully they maintain and progress

Navarre premiers 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back