Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

They need maiden gully, they should have a crwck at Wycheproof nully merged side entering and echuca and Moama both entering,

How does that work Trent? How do you recruit a club? Is it a case of incentives like cut price fees etc or are you just trying to make a case for how you are better for them? If it’s the latter I can’t see how Bendigo recruit anyone.

Ie Metro clubs with 45+ points when Nully are stuck on 42.

Do you think the metro clubs take many players from clubs? I haven’t heard of that being an issue but interested if others do find it a problem.

How does that work Trent? How do you recruit a club? Is it a case of incentives like cut price fees etc or are you just trying to make a case for how you are better for them? If it’s the latter I can’t see how Bendigo recruit anyone.

Do you think the metro clubs take many players from clubs? I haven’t heard of that being an issue but interested if others do find it a problem.
I think metro and ammo clubs can easily fit in country players because they have more points. They also have more juniors and under 19s. Moorhead from strath is at pascoe Vale for example. They also can out recruit country clubs because they've got more points, less travel. If metro clubs were on 28-32 points and ammos the same. Its easier for a club like Maryborough to recruit guys out there.

I'm not sure what the league did to get gisborne in the late 90s over Ballarat. Maybe jock would know, the other club to join from elsewhere was locky who I think wanted to test themselves as they would have been on the edge of a number of leagues. What brought them undone was appointing fairley as coach and the loss of community as the juniors went elsewhere

A new club development lead has been announced. To help clubs with being self sufficient apparently.

Thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

C’mon Crazy man have a little faith.

Bit of wet and mud at the camp and the pretty boys from Bendigo sometimes go missing.

I reckon we will push them closer than that.

I hope so mate but depth is my concern. Let’s hope we get them off the bit early

Henderson goes mad we win fingers crossed but crazy is a realist

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not sure 2 guys cut it? We've got issues with umpire numbers, allocating points, providing an even draw, checking salaries, clearances, junior footy participation, and how to get more juniors playing, clubs with reduced juniors, for what 4 leagues and two guys are supposed to look after it? Maybe country footy need to go back under their own name vcfl and run separately. The hubs has been a disaster throughout the state, footy is poorly run with leagues just handing over the keys to allow the afl to profit, but not many leagues
Wouldn't be issues if there was ever a chance of someone outside of the Association's select circle being selected for decent matches.

Blokes train their ass off all pre-season, do all the courses and get shunted off to Sea Lake or Pyramid every second week (except for top of the table clashes) while the same few dont have to do any of the work and get to stay within 15 minutes of Bendigo every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back