Bendigo FL Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenBal Plugger

Senior List
Feb 15, 2008
Australia
Clearances so far to today... few to come yet obviously with a few players still making up their minds, playing clubs off one another etc etc

Castlemaine
IN: R Ford, J Smith, N Quinn, J McMurtie, H Campbell, H Symons, R Hickey
OUT: N Pope, H Polglase, T McLeod, D Vosper, B Culpitt, T Martin, H Wilson

Eaglehawk
IN: K Robins, D Lock, J Ketterer, T Hill, M Gretgrix, J Fitzpatrick, T Coates, W Slater, H White, T Prime, L Jacobs, D Sullivan, K Bloxidge
OUT: B Filo, B Singh, A Bourne, R Bice, D Bice

Gisborne:
IN: C Docherty
OUT: J Treloar, R Sharp

Golden Square:
IN: H Symons, S Rosa, M Seiler, J Angove, L Thompson, M Billings, L Hammond, G Weeks
OUT: J Douglas, A Bateman, B Kelly, J Limbrick

Kangaroo Flat:
IN: C Thiesz, B Pinnington
OUT: T Kelly, C Bourke, M Holt, D Stockx, M Stevens, J McEwan, L Stevens, D Roy, S Bentley, A Coonan

Kyneton:
IN: M Bentley, W Kelly, J Kulevski, S Neeson, G McIntyre, R Trajkovski, R Healy, J Condos, M Agius, L Turner, M Turner, B Turner, B Richmond, M Scibberas, R Harrison, W Foster, B Hopkins
OUT: A Lambropoulos,

Maryborough:
IN: J Hooper, N Wright, L Treacy, S Hooper, A Carr
OUT: L Aspinall, A Tatchell, S Young

Sandhurst:
IN: R Frankilin, B Butler, P Angove, B Deuscher, S Weekley, J Walsh, T Summerhayes, B Stringer, D Martin
OUT: R Walker

South Bendigo:
IN: P Hubbard, N Torpey, D O’Bree, L Davies, A Crawley, P Carroll
OUT: D Hill, J Lake, J Keely, H Honig, J Lea, B Fawcett, K Morcombe, J Williams

Strathfieldsaye:
IN:
OUT: C Grenfell, P Matheson, G Prigg, M Arnott, T Wicks

Re: What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #3

Sandhurst:
IN: R Frankilin, B Butler, P Angove, B Deuscher, S Weekley, J Walsh, T Summerhayes, B Stringer, D Martin
OUT: R Walker

Stringer, fast becoming the BFL's version of Justin Murphy/Scott Cummings!

That's 3 clubs now!

Looking at the IN's and OUT's so far, fair to say Kyneton supporters would be looking for a win over Castlemaine in Round 1?? and perhaps Gisborne in Round 4?? :)

On Monday i was told some very big news, The Great Man is coming back to play at the showgrounds this year.. Thats right, the only player in the BFL that can say he is a better goal kicker then Ron Best.
If The Great Man only played 1 game this year for Kyneton the BFL would have to change the league goal kicking from the Ron Best Medal to the Steven Reaper Medal....
Welcome back......

I DON"T think so.

Besty booted 1600+ Bendigo league goals as well as heaps in the NCFL

Action Attraction Reapy might have tallied 800-odd in the BFL, but that's a loooooong way short of Ronald :)

cum in goat with your statts reaps 830 saus. rolls i think but then theres olly oliver on about 1030 between steve and besty

cum in goat with your statts reaps 830 saus. rolls i think but then theres olly oliver on about 1030 between steve and besty

Prolific goal kicker in Dave 'dangerous' Edwards wouldn't be far from them either would he?:D

Ron Best may have kick 1600 goals but out of his 1600 goals 1550 were from free kicks 10m out..
Reaper kicked more then 830 goals but 95% were from 40-60m out after taking big pack marks....
The only reason that the BFL wont change the league goal kicking medal to the Steven Reaper Medal is because Oliver hated reaper for been better then him??????

Ron Best may have kick 1600 goals but out of his 1600 goals 1550 were from free kicks 10m out..
Reaper kicked more then 830 goals but 95% were from 40-60m out after taking big pack marks....
The only reason that the BFL wont change the league goal kicking medal to the Steven Reaper Medal is because Oliver hated reaper for been better then him??????

So does that mean we change the Michelson Medal to the Greg Williams medal aswell???
2 Michelsons, 2 Brownlows, 1 Norm Smith and a premiership with Carlton......I dont even know who "Michelson" was???
Also, loved Williams presenting medal to Lee Coghlan last year, a man who won it at 18 presenting it to an 18 year old....
add Grant Ford and Tyson Findlay to the out for the year list at the Roos....:(

So does that mean we change the Michelson Medal to the Greg Williams medal aswell???
2 Michelsons, 2 Brownlows, 1 Norm Smith and a premiership with Carlton......I dont even know who "Michelson" was???
Also, loved Williams presenting medal to Lee Coghlan last year, a man who won it at 18 presenting it to an 18 year old....
add Grant Ford and Tyson Findlay to the out for the year list at the Roos....:(
Where are Ford and Findlay going to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reaper was a good player, no doubt, but it is a long bow to compare him to Steven Oliver.

At their respective peaks Reaper wouldn't have shined Oliver's boots.

Just because he is an ordinary adminstrator shouldn't mean he is tarnished as a footballer.

:eek: OH dear, oh dear, oh dearie me, Hoopy !!

The BFNL senior b and f medal is named after Cr Jack Michelsen (note a final "e", not an "o", a common mistake among our younger punters).
He had been the chairman of the BFL in the late 40s-early 50s and as well a Mayor of Bendigo.

It's only been the BFL b and f medal since the early 1950s, so time to get on board.

BTW, Cr Michelsen's son was Addie editor Cyril Michelsen. He lived until his early 90s and actually presented the medal annually until he got to his mid-80s. :thumbsu:

But you're quite right about Diesel. Williams won all those 5 medals you've named, the first Michelsen when he was only eighteen.

:eek: OH dear, oh dear, oh dearie me, Hoopy !!

The BFNL senior b and f medal is named after Cr Jack Michelsen (note a final "e", not an "o", a common mistake among our younger punters).
He had been the chairman of the BFL in the late 40s-early 50s and as well a Mayor of Bendigo.

It's only been the BFL b and f medal since the early 1950s, so time to get on board.

BTW, Cr Michelsen's son was Addie editor Cyril Michelsen. He lived until his early 90s and actually presented the medal annually until he got to his mid-80s. :thumbsu:

But you're quite right about Diesel. Williams won all those 5 medals you've named, the first Michelsen when he was only eighteen.

Never wrong with the facts 5th qtr but my spelling leaves alot to be desired!!!!;)
and yes, Finlay groin and Ford knee, look like missing most or all year

Has anyone got any practice match results?

I think Gisborne were playing one, possibly Square - not sure about others.

Looking at the IN's and OUT's so far, fair to say Kyneton supporters would be looking for a win over Castlemaine in Round 1?? and perhaps Gisborne in Round 4?? :)

Will be a really good indicator of where the sides are at in Round 1. Castlemaine look like picking up Luke Walters and the new coach has really created a positive vibe around the club.

After underachieving last season we may be one of the sides pushing for 5th spot.

Has anyone got any practice match results?

I think Gisborne were playing one, possibly Square - not sure about others.

Square were going to play an intraclub on Friday night but decided against it. They are playing Yarrawonga at Yarrawonga this weekend I believe.

A big congratulations to Jas Griffin on a wonderful BFNL career. Champion player, champion bloke.

You're a long time retired mate, so there's no shame in letting the itchy feet convince you to put the boots on again around June/July - just ask Dekka Filo :)

A big congratulations to Jas Griffin on a wonderful BFNL career. Champion player, champion bloke.

You're a long time retired mate, so there's no shame in letting the itchy feet convince you to put the boots on again around June/July - just ask Dekka Filo :)

Holy Hell!! I knew he had lost motivation but I didn't expect Griff to retire! I'll have to get onto the bloke, Inglewood takes a lot less committment than square!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back