Review Banners Bangs Big, Bye Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s like the game slows down for him and he sees it like the matrix code.
Calculate Zach Galifianakis GIF
A few seasons ago, I think it was Freddy flew for a mark with Fyfe waiting down, missed and over-rotated. Fyfe caught him so he didn't land on his head and then went off after the bouncing ball and I'm pretty sure he got it. Really elite game processing speed when he's in form.

I can confirm that there were 2 big lighting rig/ heat lamp lookin thingos shining on the Northern grass all day Tuesday and Wednesday when I was at Optus.

Sprinklers were on and off all day in patches and they had massive tarps over some sections (I assume) to keep the water off.

North side of the oval gets zero direct sun during the day.

Must be a tough job getting plenty of water on the grass but not overdoing it... Obviously they stuffed it this week. Hope they get it right soon!
I sit in the fifth tier, rail way side, and looking at the ground from up there, I commented to my mate that the grass looks extemely harshly cut.It looked a bit like and Indian cricket wicket curator had been let loose with a blow torch.
But was funny listenin g tot he Fox commentary.Ryan Daniles, C7 journo, when asked about the conditions of the ground, he said it was dewy and slippery.Think he said he had his RMs on and was slipping.
Then later, maybe at half time, Pav was asked the same question.No dew, not slippery.
Not sure if the players, particurlarly Freo players had the right boots on or not, but sure were a lot of our boys slipping.

I sit in the fifth tier, rail way side, and looking at the ground from up there, I commented to my mate that the grass looks extemely harshly cut.It looked a bit like and Indian cricket wicket curator had been let loose with a blow torch.
But was funny listenin g tot he Fox commentary.Ryan Daniles, C7 journo, when asked about the conditions of the ground, he said it was dewy and slippery.Think he said he had his RMs on and was slipping.
Then later, maybe at half time, Pav was asked the same question.No dew, not slippery.
Not sure if the players, particurlarly Freo players had the right boots on or not, but sure were a lot of our boys slipping.
You only have to look at the divits taken out when players slipped over to see the ground was not in good condition.

41 possessions, 11 marks, 6 tackles, 4 goals 3 including the winner in the last minute.

West Australian: 9.
If that was an AFL game he would have polled 290 Supercoach points which would be a record at the time.

He was a special talent and it makes you wonder what sort of career he would have had if not for his couple of prison sentences and doing his ACL.

41 possessions, 11 marks, 6 tackles, 4 goals 3 including the winner in the last minute.

West Australian: 9.
Easily the best individual performance ever seen. It was freaky and incredible. He just couldn’t be stopped

Know what’s even crazier. Cognilio would’ve won Best On in every other GF with 17 disposals and 4 goals.

The euphoric feeling lasts till this morning. That was a statement win that says Freo are a contender. Since we're talking parallel universes, there's a timeline where our guys stay fit and find their best and we go on a rampage.

That was A grade prime Fyfe last night and the connection between him and Darcy was actually ridiculous.

So many positives:
  • kicked 14 goals
  • all players contributed
  • new players looked at the level and their enthusiasm was infectious. Voss was like a puppy (a big breed) out there. He was enjoying himself so much and he had just a sprinkling of Tex Walker about him. Maybe a long bow, but I saw some similarities.
  • Treacy. Enough said. Phenomenal development.
  • Serong, the man is breaking records for fun now.
  • the backline, Chapman an instant improvement. Aish redeemed himself after a shocker.
  • Bailey ******* Banfield playing like an A grader. His last quarter was literally perfect, he's a very smart player.

I could go on. We could be undefeated right now, but it won't matter if we keep playing like that.

Kicking 14 goals on the weekend was good.

Josh Traecy is having a good year.

If that was an AFL game he would have polled 290 Supercoach points which would be a record at the time.

He was a special talent and it makes you wonder what sort of career he would have had if not for his couple of prison sentences and doing his ACL.

I'm not sure Andrew finds the place in himself to drive him to such high standards with footy without the prison time.

I remember listening to that WAFL GF on the radio and it was one of the most exhilarating GFs in my life. Ended up downloading it just to watch it and it was still extremely tense knowing the result

I remember listening to that WAFL GF on the radio and it was one of the most exhilarating GFs in my life. Ended up downloading it just to watch it and it was still extremely tense knowing the result
Both the AFL and WAFL GFs that year were incredible. Probably amongst the top 5 games I’ve watched all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back